Fifteen minutes with...Simon Wolstencroft - The Smiths' original drummer - Julie Hamill

:rofl: he did not think Morrissey was dashing, he must have been the first one.

On another note: everyone is getting a book published. Where is my damn book deal

The book I am waiting for is Boz's, he has seen it all for the last 20+ years!

but Boz is way too loyal to Moz to tell everything and he's boring. Honestly, i only care for Morrissey when he he was in the Smiths to the late 80's. I don't really care for solo Morrissey to be quite honest. I wanna read what some of the producers and people working with the smiths have to say (people lie Joe Moss, John Porter etc) and also either an Andy Rourke or a Mike Joye book would be great

Morrissey released his autobiography in 2013.

Dale Hibbert has just released his autobiography.

Johnny Marr is releasing his autobiography next year.

Maybe Craig Gannon will be next? Joe Moss, John Porter or a Boz Boorer autobiography could be good.

The book I am waiting for is Boz's, he has seen it all for the last 20+ years!

If Boz were to write a book, I can see it being 10 chapters on growing up in London, a primer on rockabilly/Bowie/Bolan, the Polecats years, Adam Ant...and then one brief chapter on his time with Morrissey. "He's a genius, very funny, nice bloke, been great to me, misunderstood, I don't get mad when he changes arrangements on songs, the band is always a happy one no matter who is in it."

Whether or not he would be directed to sanitize his account or not, I suspect it would not add much to the story.

alans is the only book i think people really want because i think they believe theyd get the dirt from him. i also believe thatll happen one day

alans is the only book i think people really want because i think they believe theyd get the dirt from him. i also believe thatll happen one day

people? you mean a few moz fans? ilike Alain and all, but i doubt people outside the moz fandom know who he is. I think That most people are interested in Morrissey in The Smiths era more than anything.

people? you mean a few moz fans? ilike Alain and all, but i doubt people outside the moz fandom know who he is. I think That most people are interested in Morrissey in The Smiths era more than anything.

i disagree. i think people just interested in morrissey in general as a person. i think there are more books about him as a man than there are books about the smiths in print at the moment. im not talking about the music here but rather that hes been in the studio knows the writing recording process and would probably say something that moz doesnt want said which at the end of the day i think is what people really want to read. the gossip not the music. i think a lot of hardcore smiths fans over estimate the groups poplar appeal. at least here in the u.s i.e the largest market for book publishing

i disagree. i think people just interested in morrissey in general as a person. i think there are more books about him as a man than there are books about the smiths in print at the moment. im not talking about the music here but rather that hes been in the studio knows the writing recording process and would probably say something that moz doesnt want said which at the end of the day i think is what people really want to read. the gossip not the music. i think a lot of hardcore smiths fans over estimate the groups poplar appeal. at least here in the u.s i.e the largest market for book publishing

tbh a lot of Morrissey fans over stimate his popular appeal

tbh a lot of Morrissey fans over stimate his popular appeal

I over stimated once. Ended up in hospital.

I can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible!

What a great wee interview. I would read Wolstonecroft's book now on the strength of it. Very down-to-earth and pleasant. Clearly won Ms. Hamill over.

Si is just such a nice guy ! Julie does such a super job of getting the best out of Si . Loved him when he played for The Fall. He was part of The Falls golden years .... when they produced their best music. Think I'll check Amazon to see if they have the book in print from yet . Thanks for posting Uncle Skinny.

Do you mean Alain Whyte? Known for being Morrissey's songwriting partner.

When people talk of 'Boz' they mean Boz Boorer? When they talk of 'Alain' they mean Alain Whyte? I don't think the general public has heard of these guys.

Some years ago Andy Rourke tried to bring his autobiography out, but took money from the publishers instead and didn't produce a book. How did he get away with this?
Years ago on the Amazon website I saw an Andy Rourke autobiography called something like "Andy Rourke: Within and Without The Smiths". The book never came out though. Trust Andy Rourke to take the advance money (or whatever it is called) and not produce a book. :(

See this old thread on Moz-solo from 2004: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/22712-quot-Within-and-Without-the-Smiths-quot

I think Andy Rourke also attempted to bring out a book called "Andy Rourke: My Life with The Smiths". I thought I also saw this book on Amazon years ago not totally sure though. Anyway, this other book (if it did indeed ever exist at all) also never came out. :(

Last edited:
Si is just such a nice guy! Julie does such a super job of getting the best out of Si . Loved him when he played for The Fall. He was part of The Falls golden years .... when they produced their best music. Think I'll check Amazon to see if they have the book in print form yet. Thanks for posting Uncle Skinny.
I had no idea that Simon Wolstencroft used to be addicted to heroin. :(

What did Morrissey think of Simon Wolstencroft?

I heard that Simon Wolstencroft is friends with Andy Rourke and maybe also Johnny Marr. Not sure that Simon Wolstencroft was ever really friends with Morrissey.

Last edited:
but Boz is way too loyal to Moz to tell everything and he's boring. Honestly, i only care for Morrissey when he he was in the Smiths to the late 80's. I don't really care for solo Morrissey to be quite honest. I wanna read what some of the producers and people working with the smiths have to say (people lie Joe Moss, John Porter etc) and also either an Andy Rourke or a Mike Joye book would be great

Are you high?

Which is why you're on a Morrissey-solo.com...

- - - Updated - - -

Are you high?

Wouldn't you have to be to want to read a Joyce or Rourke book?

Do you mean Alain Whyte? Known for being Morrissey's songwriting partner.

I do and I'm talking within mozs fan base that i do think that's the account fans want. there's a lot of moz books out there that have very little to do with the man but still end up published. anyone make the mistake of buying st Morrissey. if that book can get published and purchased by fans then I think Alain's would do well and be read by us his fan base. didnt alin already threaten to do just this. as to his popular appeal didn't auto sell a ton already.

When people talk of 'Boz' they mean Boz Boorer? When they talk of 'Alain' they mean Alain Whyte? I don't think the general public has heard of these guys.
I think you are right. The general public have heard of Morrissey & The Smiths and they might of even heard of Johnny Marr! Johnny Marr is still quite respected as a musician, songwriter and record producer.

However, the general public hasn't heard of the rest of the people associated with Morrissey and The Smiths.

Morrissey as a solo artist is in fact more popular than The Smiths were. You can see this in Morrissey's solo record sales. Morrissey's solo concerts continue to be popular.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom