Echo & The Bunnymen at Albert Hall last night

Saw the Bunnymen last night at Albert Hall for their performance of Ocean Rain with orchestra.

The first half (hits set) was OK but Ocean Rain was incredible. Mac was in great voice and when they did the end title track with real strings it was unbelievable. By far the best Albert Hall gig I've ever been to since some bloke in September 2002 whose name escapes me.

Can't see any on-line reviews yet, maybe later in the day. I can see someone has started uploading clips on YouTube of the first set (Zimbo etc) so hope they get the orchestal bit later.

Was anyone else there?

What songs were played during the first half? I am going to see them at Radio City next month.

Echo And The Bunnymen
Royal Albert Hall, London
16th September 2008

Set 1
01 Intro/Rescue
02 Villiers Terrace
03 Stormy Weather
04 Bring On The Dancing Horses
05 Think I Need It Too
06 All That Jazz
07 The Back Of Love
08 Never Stop
09 All My Colours
10 Lips Like Sugar
11 Nothing Lasts Forever
12 The Cutter

Set 2
13 Silver
14 Nocturnal Me
15 Crystal Days
16 The Yo-Yo Man
17 Thorn Of Crowns
18 The Killing Moon
19 Seven Seas
20 My Kingdom
21 Ocean Rain

Running time: 89m

Available at Dime A Dozen!

Saw the Bunnymen last night at Albert Hall for their performance of Ocean Rain with orchestra.

The first half (hits set) was OK but Ocean Rain was incredible. Mac was in great voice and when they did the end title track with real strings it was unbelievable. By far the best Albert Hall gig I've ever been to since some bloke in September 2002 whose name escapes me.

Can't see any on-line reviews yet, maybe later in the day. I can see someone has started uploading clips on YouTube of the first set (Zimbo etc) so hope they get the orchestal bit later.

Was anyone else there?

Indeed I was also there, superb gig especially as you say the strings ocean rain part (which obviously was the main reason for trekking down to London). in fact it was so good it made the 7 hour each way coach and staying in a very expensive shit hole (Eden Plaza if anyone else had the pleasure) worthwhile !

would anyone be kind to upload it so we can all listen to it pls...? thx

Echo And The Bunnymen
Royal Albert Hall, London
16th September 2008

Set 1
01 Intro/Rescue
02 Villiers Terrace
03 Stormy Weather
04 Bring On The Dancing Horses
05 Think I Need It Too
06 All That Jazz
07 The Back Of Love
08 Never Stop
09 All My Colours
10 Lips Like Sugar
11 Nothing Lasts Forever
12 The Cutter

Set 2
13 Silver
14 Nocturnal Me
15 Crystal Days
16 The Yo-Yo Man
17 Thorn Of Crowns
18 The Killing Moon
19 Seven Seas
20 My Kingdom
21 Ocean Rain

Running time: 89m

Available at Dime A Dozen!

07 The Back Of Love
12 The Cutter
Available at Dime A Dozen![/QUOTE]

My two favorites.
Thank you for the listing.
Dime A Dozen is not allowing new users. It is filled to capacity.:mad::(

would anyone be kind to upload it so we can all listen to it pls...? thx
Gulp, is that me? I haven't uploaded big music files before, but here goes.

Echo And The Bunnymen

P.S. The violins are very nice on Ocean. :guitar:

(These are mp3 files. The original flac files are the best quality. So would aiff/wav files be a better alternative for download here?)

Yes,the Bunnymen still going strong.
I remember seeing them years and years ago in Liverpool somewhere before they ever had a hit.
I can't remember where exactly(beer haze)
But I do remember how very good they were.

----------------
Listening to: Echo and the Bunnymen - Crocodiles
via FoxyTunes

Hey,

Where did you sit? I was in Section H, Row 8....and we had 9 seats total (the people w/ myself & my friend included).

We had a great time. I just arrived home yesterday. I'm sick as a dog though & had to work today, suffering through it yet, it was worth it.

I'm attending the NYC show & flying back to see them on 27th November @ Liverpool Echo (however, I'm flying over earlier to make my trip longer in Liverpool). I'm really anticipating the Liverpool gig....

Well, I hope everyone had a blast & here's a toast of cheer to the future gigs...

mozzy, please check your PM..

Hey,

Where did you sit? I was in Section H, Row 8....and we had 9 seats total (the people w/ myself & my friend included).

We had a great time. I just arrived home yesterday. I'm sick as a dog though & had to work today, suffering through it yet, it was worth it.

I'm attending the NYC show & flying back to see them on 27th November @ Liverpool Echo (however, I'm flying over earlier to make my trip longer in Liverpool). I'm really anticipating the Liverpool gig....

Well, I hope everyone had a blast & here's a toast of cheer to the future gigs...

Im going to the Liverpool Arena gig. Bizzare watched them last year in The Cavern in front of a couple of hundred people. ( and took 6 tickets in with me , friends who never turned up and couldnt get rid of them !)

Back
Top Bottom