Terry Hall, lead singer of The Specials, has passed away

Alain edited his post after backlash

321303885_848052059807562_7469792772708162218_n.jpg

when someone dies these days its news for a day then its the old move on,just the way ofthe world these days i suppose.

Craig's post is lovely.

Alain's is pretty insensitive. They weren't "rumours" and he wasn't "odd". Terry was very open about the fact he was abducted by a teacher when he was 12 years old, and the impact that this had on his mental health, a subsequent suicide attempt and a need to take anti-psychotics.
Craig was a personal friend of Terry's, whereas from the FB post it sounds like Alain was a fan but didn't know him quite the same. Nobody who was close to someone would describe them in terms of "rumours" about their life and public image. Some things are best left to friends and family at times like this... I think Alain meant well but he tried to insert himself into the situation, awkwardly, and it didn't work out.

I didn't know of him but RIP.

This really is the most sh*tty news, and has saddened me immensely. I can feel the tears welling up as I type. I'm truly gutted.
I loved this band, & the whole ska thing; their debut single, Gangsters, remains one of my all time favourite tracks & reminds me of really great times, in more youthful days.

RIP Terry.

Just look at these young & beautiful guys here; magical times:

I dig this .
+Heart

Back
Top Bottom