Doodles of Morrissey by me + self introduction

View attachment 102856
Sadness and depression is kicking my ass today. Here's some slightly-Smiths related doodles. The one of the girl in the Smiths T-shirt is a self portrait.

These Things Take Time.... while sadly singing this on my way to work this morning, I started crying halfway though.

Feeling of extreme inadequatecy and helplessness is in my blood.

Hope you're all having a a better day than I.
Hey Ash. Hope you feel better soon, and thanks for wishing we have a better day than you. I’m having a pretty good day so far, despite believing that I’m doomed to get physically ill and die before I want to. You draw sadness well.

Hey Ash. Hope you feel better soon, and thanks for wishing we have a better day than you. I’m having a pretty good day so far, despite believing that I’m doomed to get physically ill and die before I want to. You draw sadness well.
Thank you, I hope so too.
Some days I wake up and.. wish I hadn't.

I hope you get better.
The mold still lingers?

Thank you, I hope so too.
Some days I wake up and.. wish I hadn't.

I hope you get better.
The mold still lingers?
Yes I haven’t been able to rid myself of the mold infection since I got it about a year ago from inhaling a cloud of mold spores. It’s gone dormant at times, but it has always eventually resurfaced.

View attachment 100382
Hi! I'm Ashley! I just wanted to post my cute drawing of Morrissey I did two days ago while I was bored at work. Lately I've been obsessed with drawing him.

A small self introduction, my name is Ashley, I am in my 30s living in the Midwest of the USA. I am a new-ish Morrissey & The Smiths fan. I've only discovered him & them around August 2023 when I heard "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" on someone's Instagram story. I fell in love with his voice and the subject matter of the song immediately because I felt the same way that the lyrics portrayed at that point in my life. It was my anthem for a little while. (Still have a job, still miserable, just a little less.) Then I dived head first into the music. I'm still working on Morrissey's discography, right now I'm on Kill Uncle. (King Leer is my favorite Morrissey song at the moment.) The Smiths I am very familiar with at this point. I was in the top 0.05% listeners for The Smiths this year on Spotify, (and have only been listening to them since August lol!)

Anyway.. other than that, I've been so very interested in Morrissey. I bought, read, and finished his Autobiography in the span of a couple weeks, which I enjoyed a lot. I'm working on List of the Lost, nearly finished with it. His way of writing is so very interesting and different than what I'm used to. (I like it.) I watch a ton of his live videos on YouTube and as many interviews as I can find.

What a fascinating creature, he is. ❤️

It's nice having a place I can finally talk to other humans about my current fascination, because I know nobody else in person who knows about him. Then again, I don't have a lot of people I talk to or friends in general, which I like to keep that way.

If you have any suggestions and/or questions, please let me know! :)

Thanks for reading!
I've been listening to Morrissey for a similar amount of time and for similar reasons. I'm Dan. I wish I could draw like that.

Yes I haven’t been able to rid myself of the mold infection since I got it about a year ago from inhaling a cloud of mold spores. It’s gone dormant at times, but it has always eventually resurfaced.
That sounds so scary. I've always thought of our brains as one big mushroom. We are just fleshy, bloody bodies ran by this mushroom. A new mushroom is trying to grow in its place, in your case.. in your lungs though? This mold has mysterious ways. 🤔

I recently bought Swords because it isn't on streaming services. Love it. Love playing it on my CD player. Too many good songs to mention. How about you?
Oh my, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I just found it on YouTube. Never heard of it! So many songs... He's wrote loads of songs, so many songs, more songs than we can stand!

I'm currently on Your Arsenal. I love fully absorbing the records, in order, when I listen to a new artist. My favorite record by him right now is probably Kill Uncle. Bona Drag has a special place in my heart.
I have so many left to go.

Oh my, thanks for bringing that to my attention, I just found it on YouTube. Never heard of it! So many songs... He's wrote loads of songs, so many songs, more songs than we can stand!

I'm currently on Your Arsenal. I love fully absorbing the records, in order, when I listen to a new artist. My favorite record by him right now is probably Kill Uncle. Bona Drag has a special place in my heart.
I have so many left to go.
I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for stuff I hadn't heard when I found it, so it is a gift to me that I must pass on to those in need! World Peace Is None of Your Business is the other one that isn't on streaming besides YouTube videos. Oh yes! My favourite track on Your Arsenal is We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful. So fun!

I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for stuff I hadn't heard when I found it, so it is a gift to me that I must pass on to those in need! World Peace Is None of Your Business is the other one that isn't on streaming besides YouTube videos. Oh yes! My favourite track on Your Arsenal is We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful. So fun!
I must listen to that record, too!! I love having so much to listen to by him, and I have so many other artists to delve into once I've gotten through Morrissey's discography, thanks to Morrissey's influence.
I love that song off the album too! I love singing it loud in the car, so much fun. The laughing chorus is genius to me.

I must listen to that record, too!! I love having so much to listen to by him, and I have so many other artists to delve into once I've gotten through Morrissey's discography, thanks to Morrissey's influence.
I love that song off the album too! I love singing it loud in the car, so much fun. The laughing chorus is genius to me.
Funnily enough I actually find it really hard to sing the chorus! A lot of air comes out with a "ha", so I'm soon out of breath 😅 the Libertines are definitely influenced by Morrissey in terms of lyrics, if you haven't heard them. I just got a 45 second clip of a song from their new album that comes out tomorrow, sent to my inbox! Merry Old England is the track. It sounds great. Can't wait to hear it in full.

Funnily enough I actually find it really hard to sing the chorus! A lot of air comes out with a "ha", so I'm soon out of breath 😅 the Libertines are definitely influenced by Morrissey in terms of lyrics, if you haven't heard them. I just got a 45 second clip of a song from their new album that comes out tomorrow, sent to my inbox! Merry Old England is the track. It sounds great. Can't wait to hear it in full.
Here! Have an embarrassing video of me singing it!.….........

Nevermind it doesn't work, and I don't think I'm going to put it on YouTube. 😵 Bahaha. Maybe I will. (I'm very shy so it's a good release to post silly things of myself on the internet.)

Oh, I've heard of them! I think I heard of them here on Solo! I'm going to check the new record out when it releases. :)

I didn't post me singing We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful, but I did have fun singing a tiny clip of some King Leer without any music accompaniment. I'm not much of a singer, it's just fun to me! I didn't think I'd ever post myself singing on the internet, but LHW and Morrissey has inspired me. 💖🎶 It's slightly therapeutic.

Anyway, here's some cringe for all of you to hopefully enjoy. Either way, it makes no difference 😁:

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

(I don't know why I always seem to make these when I need to wash my hair, hahahaha. I took the day off work today so I'm enjoying every moment!)

I didn't post me singing We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful, but I did have fun singing a tiny clip of some King Leer without any music accompaniment. I'm not much of a singer, it's just fun to me! I didn't think I'd ever post myself singing on the internet, but LHW and Morrissey has inspired me. 💖🎶 It's slightly therapeutic.

Anyway, here's some cringe for all of you to hopefully enjoy. Either way, it makes no difference 😁:

🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶🎶

(I don't know why I always seem to make these when I need to wash my hair, hahahaha. I took the day off work today so I'm enjoying every moment!)

Aw, you made my day!

I was born in the 80's, so I must have missed that show.
If you were born in the 80's, how could you be so passionate about a guy who you never got to see at peak form. It reminds me of hipster Sinatra "fans" who never knew a world when he was young. I think you had to be a teen in the 80's to truly understand Morrissey.

If you were born in the 80's, how could you be so passionate about a guy who you never got to see at peak form. It reminds me of hipster Sinatra "fans" who never knew a world when he was young. I think you had to be a teen in the 80's to truly understand Morrissey.

what’s this true understanding of Morrissey?

Back
Top Bottom