Did you see Morrissey 25 at the cinema?

Still here? Still ill? Why do you keep coming back after posting those interminable farewells?

Yes, still here. Always here, always have been. Now it's back to lurking, but no problem answering your query. Hope that helps/clarifies the position for you. best. BB

Your pet beaver will be happy to hear that he'll have an uninterrupted night's sleep for once! LOL!

I'm protecting badgers, not beavers. And they're nocturnal so don't sleep at night. Try again. No, don't bother....best. bb

Still talking to yourself? Still ignoring me? I'm still waiting to destroy you...

- - - Updated - - -

Your pet beaver will be happy to hear that he'll have an uninterrupted night's sleep for once! LOL!

I'm protecting badgers, not beavers. And they're nocturnal so don't sleep at night. Try again. No, don't bother....best. bb

Come on then!

Back onto topic,
Last night the film had its 'premiere' (first showing i suppose) in Canada here in Toronto. I honestly thought it wouldn't be screening here for the same reasons moz chooses to play just a few km across the boarder, but alas, it eventually came with almost zero advertising. (just a caption on the cinema website, no photo of the poster next to it). The film cost $6 (Which is roughly less than half of what a regular movie costs) and screened at 9:40, there were including myself, 8 people in the theatre. two more came in , but left abruptly after realising that this was in fact, not the new chronicles of Riddick movie. I believe there are three more screenings over the weekend and then it's done. The take in from the movie on opening night in what i'm sure at one time could have been one of morrissey's better touring markets (toronto,mtl,hamilton,vancouver out west) $42.

numbers aside, i like the film and i'll buying it on blu-ray, not only because i thought it was enjoyable, but because i am a schmuck who doesn't know any better and buys everything he puts out anyway.

I had missed 25:Live screening in Prague and I rode all the way (80 miles) to Hradec Králové (CZ). BioCentral turned out to be a nice cosy place in rainy Friday evening. Only 8 EUR ticket was more then average price for a movie. Nine people in theatre - a bit disappointed discovery for a die-hard.
The movie account : the audience reactions in HHS was far from my personal live experience - but in fact I used to be in front row and didn'd care much about the crowd behind. I realized the shot from the stage mirroring audience (here often unusually light) is more close to the bone then I acknowledged before. Now and then it made me a little sad seeing peeple not singing every song all along. Is it called "the most intimate gig" as announced ?
Highlights : Maladjusted, The Joke, Sing Me to Sleep (in the break of Speedway), encore (the crowd was finally more vivid and some stage inviders successful - maybe thanks to the benevolence of security at the end).

In fact I enjoyed the movie. Great sound, Moz and the band on fine form, well directed and edited.

Well, I am going to do dishes now. Only later I fool will preorder the DVD.

PF

Back
Top Bottom