Dave Haslam - Before The Smiths were The Smiths

Nice article from Dave on Manchester architecture, Crazy Face, X-Clothes and Joe Moss

full

Last edited by a moderator:
A quick Google says he produced their second album in 1997 and had been friends with Philip Cunningham via Electronic so.. maybe? Found this photo... my God, that hair!
View attachment 97332
The only time JM had ok hairstyle was on The South Bank Show documentary and on THE THE 'Beaten Generation' video. His hair is worse now than Paul Weller's frightwig.

The only time JM had ok hairstyle was on The South Bank Show documentary and on THE THE 'Beaten Generation' video. His hair is worse now than Paul Weller's frightwig.
Hahaha, it's not that bad! Not keen on the Beaten Gen... hair or long, floppy 90s hair curtains. Big soft spot for the old Keith Richards do and the Ronettes beehive though. :hearteyes:

johnny hair.jpg

They were on good terms then (mid-90s) - until the court case exploded everything again, of course.
Indeed. Yes. As I recall, Marr settled and Morrissey immediately claimed to live on Mars.

Dave Haslam using Morrissey / The Smiths again to remain relevant.
Yes, the man who's just had a run of best selling books, still Djs, and has numerous speaking engagements still needs to do this, but only in your blinkered, cloistered world, because what other explanation could there be?

Yes, the man who's just had a run of best selling books, still Djs, and has numerous speaking engagements still needs to do this, but only in your blinkered, cloistered world, because what other explanation could there be?
Nothing blinkered about my world. The only time I ever hear anything about him is when he mentions Morrissey.

Last edited:
Nothing blinkered about my world. The only time I ever hear anything about him is when he mentions Morrissey.

Mmm, is that possibly because this is a Morrissey related site so when Haslam mentions Morrissey it gets posted here. He talks about New Order a lot as well but that won’t appear on here.

Mmm, is that possibly because this is a Morrissey related site so when Haslam mentions Morrissey it gets posted here. He talks about New Order a lot as well but that won’t appear on here.
That's right. I simply live on this site only and don't access any information from anywhere else.
You could be telling me it's all kicking off in the middle east and I wouldn't have a clue unless it's on the main page of this website.....

I'd be surprised if he too doesn't hang around Msolo (which is more like Morrissey-solo-&-co-&-co-&...). What would his username be?

I'd be surprised if he too doesn't hang around Msolo (which is more like Morrissey-solo-&-co-&-co-&...). What would his username be?
If he’s here in full disguise, nationality and everything, it’ll be Redacted! Otherwise if he’s only in a kind of partial disguise, it’ll be luxo!!! Lolol

Damn - people are still salty because Dave Haslam single-handedly ended Morrissey's career in 2018? :unsure:

Let’s remember the rant Joe Moss’ son wrote. It seems Moss did have something against Moz so Moz’ paranoia wasn’t completely unfounded.

Let’s remember the rant Joe Moss’ son wrote. It seems Moss did have something against Moz so Moz’ paranoia wasn’t completely unfounded.

Yeah, that something was actually the Mozzer’s paranoia and jealousy of Joe, so that’s just circular reasoning.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom