Can men and women be friends?

Your Mom is fortunate to have done that.
Is everyone too "busy" to have close friends nowadays?
I never make resolutions, but maybe I will be more conscious this year about trying to develop a closer group of girlfriends...

Maybe I will make that my resolution as well. My mom does put a great effort into her friendships. They travel together, go to quilt shows, out to dinner, and she hosts dinner parties at her home once a month. She is very fortunate and she knows it. Her husband (my stepfather) has no friends except her. He has/had business associates but no one to do recreational things with for fun. It helps to have a hobby---like my mom, with her quilting.

Maybe I will make that my resolution as well. My mom does put a great effort into her friendships. They travel together, go to quilt shows, out to dinner, and she hosts dinner parties at her home once a month. She is very fortunate and she knows it. Her husband (my stepfather) has no friends except her. He has/had business associates but no one to do recreational things with for fun. It helps to have a hobby---like my mom, with her quilting.

And that's another problem I have. My hobbies typically things men like to do....cycling, backpacking, and brewing beer.
I'm doomed.
Hey....we could meet for coffee somewhere between Arizona and Indiana! :thumb:

And that's another problem I have. My hobbies typically things men like to do....cycling, backpacking, and brewing beer.
I'm doomed.
Hey....we could meet for coffee somewhere between Arizona and Indiana! :thumb:

Sounds great to me. How about... looks at map... the Ruby Red Slippers Cafe in Buckwheat Kansas, next Saturday? Haha. :lbf:

Right?
Andre and Wally met in NYC...and they were longtime friends and both lived in the city.
Our film has so many more possibilities. We should work on this. :)

I think we should. We have the local (Buckwheat Kansas, haha) color to work with. :D That opens up a world of possibilities. Ours will be funny as hell.

The thoughts are always there, no matter what people even say. Even when people are married, the thoughts and attractions don't magically disappear. So yes, I guess a large percentage of men may have attractions at the back of the mind, but is that necessary a bad thing if they don't act upon it? I suppose it's just like how certain young men are automatically mothered by some women. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion :)

The thoughts are always there, no matter what people even say. Even when people are married, the thoughts and attractions don't magically disappear. So yes, I guess a large percentage of men may have attractions at the back of the mind, but is that necessary a bad thing if they don't act upon it? I suppose it's just like how certain young men are automatically mothered by some women. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion :)

Do you attract maternal types? Like to be mothered by your girlfriend? I have never had a boyfriend or husband that desired this, that I know of. So I am interested.

Do you attract maternal types? Like to be mothered by your girlfriend? I have never had a boyfriend or husband that desired this, that I know of. So I am interested.

Yes I do and I do sometimes like to be mothered! I don't think my girlfriend mothers me too much really and she's just as shy and gentle hearted as me and likes to cosy up to me and visa versa. I think it's great to be both roles in the relationship :)

Yes I do and I do sometimes like to be mothered! I don't think my girlfriend mothers me too much really and she's just as shy and gentle hearted as me and likes to cosy up to me and visa versa. I think it's great to be both roles in the relationship :)

You sound like a catch, Davie.

I think you have found your match Davie. That is all that matters.

I am not the mothering type at all. Can you tell? Haha. So for me, I guess, I probably never attracted, or have been attracted to, guys who desire mothering.

I think you have found your match Davie. That is all that matters.

I am not the mothering type at all. Can you tell? Haha. So for me, I guess, I probably never attracted, or have been attracted to, guys who desire mothering.

Makes perfect sense to me, very traditional views. I can't believe for one second though that a man wouldn't reject snuggling up into their partner's arms in bed. Nothing wrong with being both masculine and feminine :)

Makes perfect sense to me, very traditional views. I can't believe for one second though that a man wouldn't reject snuggling up into their partner's arms in bed. Nothing wrong with being both masculine and feminine :)

That is not what I call mothering. Maybe we have a different definition here. Mothering is what a mother does when she is raising her offspring. My partner is not my offspring but a fully grown man. Snuggling is wonderful. Hugs are lovely. Mollycoddling is off the table.

That is not what I call mothering. Maybe we have a different definition here. Mothering is what a mother does when she is raising her offspring. My partner is not my offspring but a fully grown man. Snuggling is wonderful. Hugs are lovely. Mollycoddling is off the table.

Oh. I'm not sure what mothering behaviour would be then...Confused!!

I definitely cook meals as well as my girlfriend. I guess men who are mothered never cook their own meals and clean after them. I'm quite the opposite. Very happy cooking and cleaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. I'm not sure what mothering behaviour would be then...Confused!!

Yeah, I think we have two different working definitions here. I think you being nurtured and hugged and snuggled and praised and encouraged is wonderful. And not mothering, but rather, you receiving love from a loving partner. I want those things as well in my relationships.

h06A7CB6D

Jonathon aka Morrithey?

What?

If you are suggesting Jonathan is the poster Morrithey you need to get your shit together and get on some schizophrenic meds. People in my real life generally have NOTHING to do with websites unless they are BUILDING AND DESIGNING them. John is getting his masters degree in Education and headed to UCLA for his doctoral degree after. He teaches all day. FFS! :squiffy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom