Boz Boorer @ Kaos Records, Covina, CA (November 5, 2023)

Screenshot_20230922-131412.png

img_1_1695384866991~2.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Photo: Jay Judge.

FB_IMG_1699258416122.jpg

the_wannabeatle-06112023-0002.jpg

Video snippets:
oc_mozboss-06112023-0005.jpg

Cool dude, nice to see him with Alain, wish they were still with M, Boz is a thoroughly decent fella whos written some bloody great tunes.

Terrific! Boz is a huge talent and he's widely known. I'm glad he's getting around as much as he is. Great to see Alain there as well!

Seeing Boz and Alain together is wonderful and makes me miss them both so much. Lovely guys, all class. Boz looks like he's having a ball.

Two massive talents right there. Getting along fine with no sparks or drama. It is possible.

Last edited:
Great to see Boz in action again, and to see Alain there as well.
What makes me feel sad though, is the thought that they will probably never write music for and record with Morrissey again.

The men who brought you the music for the likes of The More You Ignore Me and First of the Gang to Die. Two of the largest gems in Morrissey's back catalogue.

Two massive talents right there. Getting along fine with no sparks or drama. It is possible.
I always find it slightly odd how Morrissey seemed to suggest there was some unhealthy competition between them when in the band, as I've never seen any evidence of Boz and Alain not getting along in public. Obviously the people who were around at the time will know more, but if it was just competitive spirit in who could write the best tunes for Moz, or get them on the album etc, then that doesn't sound like a bad sort of rivalry to have, and may have pushed them both on to do better stuff than if they were the sole songwriter.

Without question, the best 1-2 punch in M co-writing history.

Great pair they were! Both had a distinct style,
and complimentary. M definitely had his choice of flavors. Though short lived, let’s not forget Street.

Great to see Boz in action again, and to see Alain there as well.
What makes me feel sad though, is the thought that they will probably never write music for and record with Morrissey again.

But Alain just did. And I wouldn’t be surprised if another Boz co-write pops up in the future.

Or Vini Reilly

I did think of him, but unfortunately Vini didn’t co-write with M.

But of course Viva Hate wouldn’t have been the beautiful classic that it is without Vini Reilly’s unique touch, a touch that transports the listener into Morrissey’s world.

Terrific! Boz is a huge talent and he's widely known. I'm glad he's getting around as much as he is. Great to see Alain there as well!
Boz is a HUGE talent alright and yes he is also WIDEly known, but he just looks ridiculous now. Just when I thought he couldn't get any fatter. I am so over this being considered normal.

I did think of him, but unfortunately Vini didn’t co-write with M.

But of course Viva Hate wouldn’t have been the beautiful classic that it is without Vini Reilly’s unique touch, a touch that transports the listener into Morrissey’s world.
"...it was basically my album.. and the album was really written by myself and Morrissey" and later in the interview Vini said that he wasn't credited with anything only Guitars. Good Vini interview

Back
Top Bottom