Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
We are on page 26 and there are exactly 2 kinds of people commenting here:

- 99% of the people in this thread did not buy tickets and were never going to these concerts and are therefore unaffected in any way by these two cancellations, however they are here to complain because they already resent Morrissey and just want to be able to complain about him

- <1% have bought tickets to travel knowing any concert can be cancelled, and they want to be able to blame Morrissey for their own decisions which they now regret
If that 1% is myself. I said I was deflated, I never really blamed anyone for my decision. I love Morrissey to bits that why I flew over for what I thought was going to be a special trip. After a long kip I’m going to meet a friend I’ve not seen in a decade and hope to have a good weekend. I was just expressing my disappointment on here with people that I thought may understand. I also called myself an idiot so am owning my decision. I’ve had the worst year of my life so far so thought sod it, treat yourself to something and it didn’t work out as planned, disappointing but not the end of the world!

It doesn’t mean anything now and we may never know but was there anything that officially said (outside of media coverage) that he was going to do Quarry track by track? I don’t think the posters for the event stated that and I think we may all have assumed as they were anniversary shows, that would happen.

if @gashonthenail is just filling time? Why choose solo? There’s got to be a reason for choosing solo, so it’s more than just ‘filling time’.
That's an easy one. Because we fill our time doing things that entertain or amuse us. And it's only entertaining talking about an artist that we care about. I care about Moz. I think most of us do. Even Skinny. He posted something earlier with several paragraphs. I wouldn't be entertained posting my views or opinions on a site dedicated to U2 or The 1975, because I don't care about them. It's as simple as that. We are here because we care. That's what I meant by filling time. We fill our time doing things we care about. Or if we have any sense we do.

It doesn’t mean anything now and we may never know but was there anything that officially said (outside of media coverage) that he was going to do Quarry track by track? I don’t think the posters for the event stated that and I think we may all have assumed as they were anniversary shows, that would happen.
No, it was anyone's guess how he would do these shows.
I don't think it was his idea to do these shows to begin with.

No, it was anyone's guess how he would do these shows.
I don't think it was his idea to do these shows to begin with.
It’s like ‘40 Years of Morrissey’. Which was turned out to be ‘a Few Months of More of the Same’. I think these shows would have been the same set with ‘Lazy Dykes’

That's an easy one. Because we fill our time doing things that entertain or amuse us. And it's only entertaining talking about an artist that we care about. I care about Moz. I think most of us do. Even Skinny. He posted something earlier with several paragraphs. I wouldn't be entertained posting my views or opinions on a site dedicated to U2 or The 1975, because I don't care about them. It's as simple as that. We are here because we care. That's what I meant by filling time. We fill our time doing things we care about. Or if we have any sense we do.
“Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show”

The write-up that was posted under the poster says "MORRISSEY will perform YOU ARE THE QUARRY in its entirety." I'm not sure where that text originated.

We are on page 26 and there are exactly 2 kinds of people commenting here:

- <1% have bought tickets to travel knowing any concert can be cancelled, and they want to be able to blame Morrissey for their own decisions which they now regret

Just curious: Is anything ever Morrissey's fault? He's somehow not responsible for any of the catastrophes that seem to constantly befall him? How is that possible?

The mental gymnastics required to shift the blame to the fans for daring to think that a concert they purchased tickets for would actually happen could win you a gold medal. "You got punched in the face because you got in the way of his fists. It's your fault."

breached the 500 thread count,sounds like a luxurious duvet cover,off to contact roy castle or norris mc whirter.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom