Boston, MA - Wang Theatre (Oct. 5, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / You're The One For Me, Fatty / A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Spring-Heeled Jim / Maladjusted / Let Me Kiss You / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Speedway / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / Fantastic Bird / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over / I'm OK By Myself // How Soon Is Now?

set list provided by FROSTY

Last edited:
Sorry to said this but the show from morrrissey suckss in boston

Sorry to said this but the show from morrrissey suckss in boston,
the smiths need to came back

Outstanding show, I agree that the crowd was subdued at times but I think that was a combination of new fans not knowing some of the Smiths songs and older fans being olds. It was very frustrating looking around seeing blank stares when he started singing "A Rush and a Push"!!!! That and "Spring Heeled Jim" were the biggest surprises. I was hoping for a second encore. Band sounded great and his voice is in great form. He did talk to the audience a bit here and there and mocked the ostentatious decor of the Wang Theater. My first show ever after being a fan for 27 years.

Outstanding show, I agree that the crowd was subdued at times but I think that was a combination of new fans not knowing some of the Smiths songs and older fans being olds. It was very frustrating looking around seeing blank stares when he started singing "A Rush and a Push"!!!! That and "Spring Heeled Jim" were the biggest surprises. I was hoping for a second encore. Band sounded great and his voice is in great form. He did talk to the audience a bit here and there and mocked the ostentatious decor of the Wang Theater. My first show ever after being a fan for 27 years.

Yes, he was very funny describing "Winnie Wang" having painted this wall, then that wall, then the roof and that's it. He also handed the microphone to three people during one break (first was Julia?). I don't recall what she or the next person said (second one started with "I have nothing to declare.." but it didn't finish with "jeans"), but the third person gave the Wilde quote "A good friend will always stab you in the front."

Bands shirts had "Ringling Beats Animals" emblazened on them and Meet Your Meat is still the vid played during Meat Is Murder.

WOW! Rocking, band sounded great, his voice was great! Went with my wife and we agreed that was one of the best shows we have seen in a long time...Way to go MOZ!!! And BOZ!!!!

Wonderful show. Jaw hit floor on Fantastic Bird as I love that one. New lighting rig make for some cool displays. As for the crowd being mellow, welcome to Boston. Plus it was a seated venue. But everyone was standing, singing and enjoying themselves from my vantage point.

Will never tire of Fatty, Maladjusted.

Glad you guys had an awesome time. What was the story he told before Ouija Board? Something about painting a roof or something?

Glad you guys had an awesome time. What was the story he told before Ouija Board? Something about painting a roof or something?
He was making fun of the theatre, saying Winnie Wang painted the walls and ceiling and must have run out of paint or something like that.

That set list is amazing! Hope he keeps it! Who was the backdrop? Was James Dean's picture still on the drums? I can't watch the videos until late this evening - that's why I ask. What do the t-shirts and other merchandise look like?

that would have so been worth the price of admission if he said that.

Morrissey, if you are reading this, please pick another song to take your shirt off to. Let me kiss you has been in every tour since it was released.

Erm, ah... he did! I forgot exactly when he took his shirt off, but it wasn't at the point in Let Me Kiss You that it usually is.

It was a great show. The Tour of Refusal show in Boston was great, too, although the crowd definitely didn't deserve it either time.

What are the tour t-shirts on sale?

cheers!

I'm new to this forum but plain and simple I was at the show last night and yes the crowd sucked.I was in the balconey and me and my friend were the only 2 people who stood up and moved around and sang along.I could not belive what I witnessed.seeing all those people on the floor standing still and I'm up in the nosebleeds sorta ticked me off.

The audience away from the front dozen rows were great, cheering and dancing, lots of noise etc. Those directly in front of the stage - well I've seen more movement in a morgue......
I know it's a seated venue, but that's still no excuse.....

I'm new to this forum but plain and simple I was at the show last night and yes the crowd sucked.I was in the balconey and me and my friend were the only 2 people who stood up and moved around and sang along.I could not belive what I witnessed.seeing all those people on the floor standing still and I'm up in the nosebleeds sorta ticked me off.

He was in top form. Very impressive for the first night of the tour. I was lucky enough to be super close, and it was such a pleasure to see how emotionally "inside" of every song he gets. Standouts for me were Ouija Board, Maladjusted, Speedway, and I Know It's Over. I was skeptical about OBOB, but it was one of the night's best - they really played up the dynamics. Speedway was almost free-form with the lyrics. Just before the "chainsaw" he sang a few lines from another song. (I forget - was it Will Never Marry? Someone help me out here.) The setlist had upbeat numbers for sure, but the stress was really on the ballads and dirges - EDILS, Maladjusted, TGTRIL, LNIDTSLM, MIM, Scandinavia, IKIO. These tunes really give him the opportunity to amp up the theatricality, which is fun to watch.

I thought he looked quite good - fit and healthy. Some details: his nails were immaculately manicured and he had chunky rings on both ring fingers. His first shirt was a hound's tooth zip-up with the same cut and design as the one he wore on Fallon. On the center of his bare chest he had what I thought was a band aid, but might just have been a piece of tape(?) with a matching hound's tooth design on it. Somehow it stayed attached to his chest the whole show.

And there were more than 4-6 stage invaders. It was more like 10, and many more attempted to no avail. The security was the most human of any Moz show I've been to. The tall security guard in the middle helped cut up parts of Moz's shirt to give away to fans at the end - pretty awesome.

And the new drummer did great - his lighter touch is a welcome change. (No offense to Matt, who was awesome.)

Thanks Moz and gang - great show. Totally worth it. Great show, fellow Bostonians.

Sadly, the roadies threw away most of the set lists. It was heartbreaking. The tall security guard indeed helped the fans slowly cut apart Moz' shirt and I got a piece! Woot! Finally! After going to shows throughout the U.S. for over 20 years!

Little question I figured I'd ask.

Went to the show last night and had a great time. Knew a fair amount of his solo stuff but am mostly just a Smiths fan, however there was one song I didn't recognize. Looking through the setlist I can't find it, but what was that very heavy song they played that was also quite long. I think it was the one where the guitarist on the right started off playing solo.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom