Benazir Bhutto Killed

OMG that is just terrible and so sad.What a terrible thing for a nation to have to live with.:(

That's too bad.... I feel very sorry for her family and for all the people who had high hopes in her... :(

It seems the suicide bomber first shot her, then blew himself up...
14 others killed as well.
Another political murder... :mad:

I bet the bomber feels pretty stupid in Hell..

Over/under on civil war breaking out in Pakistan?

Under. Martial law OVER, WAY OVER!

Hey Pakistan,

You used to be a fairly normative nation. What the hell happened?! Start funding some public schools so parents don't have to send their kids to Madrassa's just to get an education.

Signed,

The World

"The surgeons confirmed that she has been martyred," Bhutto's lawyer said.

WTF does that mean? Is that just a fancy way of saying "Sorry we couldn't save her she is dead?"

"The surgeons confirmed that she has been martyred," Bhutto's lawyer said.

WTF does that mean? Is that just a fancy way of saying "Sorry we couldn't save her she is dead?"

tr.v. mar·tyred, mar·tyr·ing, mar·tyrs

To make a martyr of, especially to put to death for devotion to religious beliefs.
To inflict great pain on; torment.

i know what martyr means. just the context to me is strange. the surgeons said that? What? THe surgeons confirmed that she has been martyred. a bit poetic for passed on.

besides that fact in the islamic word the word martyr is used with far greater frequency then in Christendom. So it really isnt that shocking to hear the term used especially in this context

Back
Top Bottom