Article: TTY: "There is no such thing as a Morrissey Official Facebook page. Morrissey has no connec

Personally he may have nothing to do with it, but it's silly deny how strong are social media. Is like an interview in the 80's when asked why Smiths would not do a video, he replied telling that videos would very soon be dead. Well, you can't always be right!!! Benefit from social media, be honest and promote your music there would be wiser than try to deny the use and the connection with Facebook, Twitter and others. You don't want to be crowdfunded altough I would happily do my part to fund in order to record an album, now and always!
If you want TTY to be your official channel, right, but, at least, give us the minimum info a fan would expect like concert list, announcement in first hand... Because Morrissey NON Official page made what TTY should have done this time... Love You.

This is his official home everyone knows that. He just spat his dummy out because he can't control it.
He just uses Julia and her shit zine to post his statements by proxy on here. Many years ago (before Mr Chuckles time) he used to give pre-sale info for performances but hey-ho never mind that was when he had something to offer.
Did himself no favours ejecting David T, f***-solo shirts and describing it as the online hateful creché and then being exposed as a CrankFraud.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

2nd fakebook denial, he hasn't denied the twitter accounts though....

Has anyone here been stupid enough to think there was? Please put your hands up if so :)

I always take things with a pinch of salt, but I'm sure the Facebook site was touted as real then went quiet and has just become busy again as tour news started.
They initially offered interesting things that seemed like Moz had something to do with them.
Anyone win any?
Regards,
FWD
Here, 2010 acetate with personalised Moz message:
Screenshot_2015-05-07-01-00-26.png

Last edited:
I think it is his official page, Morrissey just likes to keep himself in the news any way he can outside of the new tour. While I thought it was odd that the page went silent after last tour got cancelled, then a discount code being posted for Mporium out of the blue, but now with him going back on tour and everything else seemingly pointing in a beneficial direction for him, I won't question it.

The page, is propably not run by Morrissey, but insted its run by someone in his camp.
I think Morrissey hates to admit that he likes anything thats a bit mainstream or "common".
I myself do not have either Facebook or Twitter, but i don't understand why anyone should be ashamed if they do have it

Live and let live

Could try and coax a TTY reply once a week by reporting that "the official Morrissey tumblr/Pinterest/LinkedIn/fetlife account reports that..."

this is not facebook but a website, further, there is an offical the Smiths and Morrissey facebook, it relates to the forums here, such sort of subjects
though no mods who moving threads , etc. [dunno haven't been on the forums here in a year or so]

'and the say he's mentall' ..David is a Hero, our webhoster/owner...

Last edited:
I always take things with a pinch of salt, but I'm sure the Facebook site was touted as real then went quiet and has just become busy again as tour news started.
They initially offered interesting things that seemed like Moz had something to do with them.
Anyone win any?
Regards,
FWD
Here, 2010 acetate with personalised Moz message:
View attachment 34167

That's so cool! I wasn't on FB back then so I missed that one.
I wonder who eventually won the personalized acetate...and what was message the winner chose?

Actually, I can...and you look terrible.

Well Jaime honey, let's see YOU in Spandex.
I never said I looked good. But I dance as well as cousin Bez. Not to boast, or anything.

What can I say. My Life Is Ballet. Don't be Jaime, jelly.

I speak to Boz on a regular basis. He says that he loves reading about Benny and his merry anons all the time. He even uses the reviews of individual morrissey songs as quotes for his music shop.

He doesnt however appreciate the anon calling himself Solomon Walker

Any social media that doesnt allow people to post as anon just isnt official social media in my book.

This is run by EMI. I guess he must have recently had a meeting with them that didn't go as he had hoped, but he must have been co-operating with it up to now, or else where have they been getting the tour info from?

I like that show. jake in the suede forum introduced it to me a few years ago and I was grateful.

While this may be met with the usual "You don't know anything" replies...

Sorry to say that some of this could have been brought on accidentally. Morrissey and I have a mutual friend. Now, if you believe that keep reading. When news about the Red Rocks opener was announced I wrote my friend and asked him to find out early who it'd be. I've been burned on Morrissey cancellations before so I rarely travel for shows outside my city. If it was going to be Suede or someone I'd have made plans to attend. I told him about the tease on Wednesday coming from the Moz Facebook. He went into a "you have to remember that True To You is the only reliable source for news coming from him. No Twitter, no Facebook." I brought up that the Facebook page is a "verified" account but he once again said "He has nothing to do with that page."

I wish Morrissey had an official something. It'd be nice to send letters somewhere where you had half an inkling he'd get them. I've said enough "julia=:crazy:" comments here I wouldn't trust he'd receive ANYTHING at tty.

This is his official home everyone knows that. He just spat his dummy out because he can't control it.
He just uses Julia and her shit zine to post his statements by proxy on here. Many years ago (before Mr Chuckles time) he used to give pre-sale info for performances but hey-ho never mind that was when he had something to offer.
Did himself no favours ejecting David T, f***-solo shirts and describing it as the online hateful creché and then being exposed as a CrankFraud.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Morrissey-Solo is far and away the most important Morrissey site on the Internet. He must find it absolutely galling.

Back
Top Bottom