Article: "The Very Best of Morrissey" with Bonus DVD; "Glamorous Glue" single with previously unrele

From true-to-you:

The Very Best Of Morrissey with bonus DVD to be released 25th April; Glamorous Glue single with previously unreleased songs

22 February 2011

EMI presents:

The Very Best Of Morrissey

With Bonus DVD

Release date: 25th April

And

'Glamorous Glue' Single

- All Formats Featuring Previously Unreleased Songs -

Following the 20th anniversary release last year of Bona Drag, EMI are pleased to announce, with Morrissey's full co-operation, the release through the Major Minor label of The Very Best Of, and limited edition 'Glamorous Glue' seven inches and an ECD featuring two never-heard-before B-sides.

The Very Best Of Morrissey is an 18-song compilation, encompassing a diverse selection of material from Morrissey's HMV and Parlophone albums, ranging from his early run of successful singles, through selected album tracks – 'Glamorous Glue', 'Break Up The Family' – to B-sides, such as November Spawned A Monster's 'Girl Least Likely To'. Additionally, it also includes the US mix of 'Tomorrow' and US single version of 'My Love Life', his sublime, extended (9:39 minutes) interpretation of Johnny Mercer and Henry Mancini's 'Moonriver', and a never-heard-before solo version of 'Interlude' (originally released as a duet with Siouxsie Sioux).

The bonus DVD will feature 11 promo videos, three of which – 'Boxers', 'The More You Ignore Me...', and 'Sunny' - are previously unavailable on DVD outside of the US, and the rarely seen, mesmerising live performance of 'I've Changed My Plea To Guilty' from the Jonathan Ross Show.

The week before the album's release, a limited edition 7" in a picture sleeve, a limited edition 7" picture disc, and an ECD single of 'Glamorous Glue' will be released, both b/w two never-heard-before Morrissey songs – 'Safe, Warm Lancashire Home' (7 inches) and 'Treat Me Like A Human Being' (ECD) – taken from the Viva Hate album sessions.

Directing the artwork for the album and single, Morrissey has chosen a selection of very rare – in some instances, previously unseen – stunning photos from Jake Walters, Kevin Cummins, Linder Sterling, Perou and Renaud Monfourny to adorn the sleeves, booklet and poster bag.

The album will be available on CD and vinyl. The LP version will be a double, heavyweight 180g vinyl, housed in a wide-spine sleeve with a pull-out poster. The CD will be housed in a gatefold, card sleeve.

The first seven inch single will come in a double-sided picture sleeve with the orange Major Minor labels on the disc. The picture disc will be clear plastic with a photo each side.

The Very Best Of Morrissey tracklisting:

1. The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
2. You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side
3. The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
4. Glamorous Glue
5. Girl Least Likely To
6. Suedehead
7. Tomorrow (US remix radio edit)
8. Boxers
9. My Love Life (US mix)
10. Break Up The Family
11. I've Changed My Plea To Guilty
12. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
13. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
14. Interesting Drug
15. November Spawned A Monster
16. Everyday Is Like Sunday
17. Interlude (Morrissey solo version)*
18. Moonriver (extended 9:39 version)

*Previously unreleased

Bonus DVD:
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get
Glamorous Glue
Suedehead
Tomorrow
Boxers
My Love Life
I've Changed My Plea To Guilty (live, Jonathan Ross Show)*
Interesting Drug
November Spawned A Monster
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Sunny

*Previously unavailable on DVD

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of unreleased tracks, never-before-seen pictures, and a DVD...I'll take one, maybe even two, please. Thanks. :guitar: :)

Wait... isn't this just My Early Burglary Years with Bona Drag mixed in?

I am cruelty without beauty and I cant get it up so im into "The love that dare not speak its name." im also "lost" and an "idiot" and a "moron"

Re: Article: "The Very Best of Morrissey" with Bonus DVD; "Glamorous Glue" single wit

I wonder what a poster bag is?

A "poster bag" is an inner picture sleeve that the record itself is housed in.

Re: Article: "The Very Best of Morrissey" with Bonus DVD; "Glamorous Glue" single wit

Morrissey: hypocritical c***.

No. 27

I wonder what a poster bag is?

Not sure, but my guess is a printed dust-sleeve.

I would be more excited if that tracklist was a setlist...but we take what we can get, I suppose. Always fun to hear some unreleased tracks.

Interlude-Morrissey solo version?

What, is he answering himself back?...are there just gaps left for Siouxsie to 'slip into'?..or perhaps we can fill in the gaps, karaoke style..?

Intriguing...

What happened to this stand? He must be getting his royalties now.

From http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_090808_01

Morrissey would like it to be known that he has not been consulted by EMI/HMV/Parlophone with regards to two forthcoming boxed sets of Morrissey singles. Morrissey does not approve such releases and would ask people not to bother buying them. Morrissey receives no royalty payments from EMI for any back catalogue, and has not received a royalty from EMI since 1992. Morrissey also does not approve of, and was not consulted on, the Rhino box of Smiths CDs, or the Warner releases of Smiths LPs on 180 gramme vinyl. Morrissey last received a royalty payment from Warners ten years ago, and, once again, he would ask people not to bother buying the reissued LPs or CDs.

what is this suposed ' new' deal with EMI, it must be UK, EMI USA is taken
over by citybank

They gave him a own lablen inside EMI,Minor Major, and dioesn't recieve royalties
since 1992

Courtcase was after his EMI contract, so Joyce coun't not be the reason

odd

or all this new signing was just a scam, done by EMI, nah, that would be fraude

I'n speechless, why Morrissey didn't get payed Beethove and Vauxhall&I [Parlophone, europe, well my dutch bought]

give us more info Morrissey, the money didn't hurt you that much, how you lived, and
lives , a millionair, so what the real deal?

Havn't let you know that I love you for years. I do. Find me.

Interlude-Morrissey solo version?

What, is he answering himself back?...are there just gaps left for Siouxsie to 'slip into'?..or perhaps we can fill in the gaps, karaoke style..?

Intriguing...

There is a version of the Interlude Morrissey Solo version circulating. He sings the whole song, meaning both Siouxsie and his own sections of the song. Its pretty sweet...it surfaced together with a bunch of "Vauxhall and I" demos I think.

Wait... isn't this just My Early Burglary Years with Bona Drag mixed in?

Hahahahahaha :lbf:
Pretty much....what more can I say?
Glad nothing from 2003 onwards isn't there...If a song from "Years of Refusal" turned up on it then I would be laughing till the end of days :D

What garbage! Can we get that Hollywood Bowl DVD from 2007??? SHEEEEESH!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom