Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce interviews in The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dislike Andy Rourke not just because Morrissey doesn't like him, but that is part of it of course. I also dislike Rourke because I met him and he was stuck-up and very rude. I think Andy Rourke is trying to look and act Liam Gallagher in the 1990s, which is a mistake. I've always found false people hard to deal with. This is a Morrissey site not an Andy Rourke site.
You are right about Andy Rourke looking and acting like Liam Gallagher in the 1990's. Andy Rourke has the same hairstyle as Liam Gallagher! Andy Rourke seems stuck in the 1990's, it's sad really.
Andy Rourke also looks a bit like John Lennon (in his New York years), also Bill Wyman (as he looks today) and 'Mani'.
Andy Rourke is into the whole Paul Weller, 'Mod' scene (Andy Rourke's a 'third generation Mod', so is Johnny Marr and Oasis). Sometimes Andy Rourke reminds me of Neil Young.
When Andy Rourke was young he was into the band 'Japan', David Bowie and Neil Young so he copied their looks. Andy Rourke said he was a bit of a hippie back then.

You are right about Andy Rourke looking and acting like Liam Gallagher in the 1990's. Andy Rourke has the same hairstyle as Liam Gallagher! Andy Rourke seems stuck in the 1990's, it's sad really.
Andy Rourke also looks a bit like John Lennon (in his New York years), also Bill Wyman (as he looks today) and 'Mani'.
Andy Rourke is into the whole Paul Weller, 'Mod' scene (Andy Rourke's a 'third generation Mod', so is Johnny Marr and Oasis). Sometimes Andy Rourke reminds me of Neil Young.
When Andy Rourke was young he was into the band 'Japan', David Bowie and Neil Young so he copied their looks. Andy Rourke said he was a bit of a hippie back then.
Andy Rourke is very unoriginal when it comes to style and fashion. Some say Andy Rourke also looks like some bloke called Mike Read (not really sure who he is).

Andy Rourke is also into the 1990's Grunge scene, Nirvana and all that stuff. As well as the Britpop, Oasis stuff. So yes sadly Andy Rourke is in a 1990's time warp!
Andy Rourke is also into Bob Dylan (folk rock), indie rock, jazz, funk and some other styles of music.

Andy Rourke is also into the 1990's Grunge scene, Nirvana and all that stuff. As well as the Britpop, Oasis stuff. So yes sadly Andy Rourke is in a 1990's time warp!
Andy Rourke is also into Bob Dylan (folk rock), indie rock, jazz, funk and some other styles of music.

If only Steven could be as up-to-date.

Andy Rourke is very unoriginal when it comes to style and fashion. Some say Andy Rourke also looks like some bloke called Mike Read (not really sure who he is).
Some of course think Andy Rourke looks like 'Nelly' the American rapper.

When Andy Rourke was young to me he looked like one of "The Proclaimers" or Jon Connell from 'Big Brother's Big Mouth'.

Here is a link to Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke's truly appalling attempt at comedy. Here they are with the late Frank Sidebottom. Joyce & Rourke are NO Laurel & Hardy or Morecambe & Wise! This is terrible and a new low in comedy and the legacy of The Smiths:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeUvXJFHw4o

Some of course think Andy Rourke looks like 'Nelly' the American rapper.

When Andy Rourke was young to me he looked like one of "The Proclaimers" or Jon Connell from 'Big Brother's Big Mouth'.
Oh yes Liverpool's very own Jon Connell a nice, young lad.

I think Andy Rourke would of been more suited to being in a band like The Proclaimers. I never felt Andy Rourke had the right look or the right vibe to be part of The Smiths anyway. I used to think Andy Rourke was probably bisexual, but I found out he was straight and is a notorious womanizer!
When Craig Gannon was brought in as a Smith. I felt they should of sacked Andy Rourke for good. Craig Gannon had the right look and if Moz & Marr needed another bass player they could of found someone else easily enough.

I expect the money Andy Rourke made from this interview in The Guardian he no doubt used to find his drug habit or spent it on alcohol.

Oh yes Liverpool's very own Jon Connell a nice, young lad.

I think Andy Rourke would of been more suited to being in a band like The Proclaimers. I never felt Andy Rourke had the right look or the right vibe to be part of The Smiths anyway. I used to think Andy Rourke was probably bisexual, but I found out he was straight and is a notorious womanizer!
When Craig Gannon was brought in as a Smith. I felt they should of sacked Andy Rourke for good. Craig Gannon had the right look and if Moz & Marr needed another bass player they could of found someone else easily enough.

I expect the money Andy Rourke made from this interview in The Guardian he no doubt used to find his drug habit or spent it on alcohol.

To "find his drug habit"?

(Incidentally, "should have" and "could have".)

I think Andy Rourke might have Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) because he has a 'split personality'. Andy Rourke can be sort of nice to people sometimes, then he turns and is incredibly nasty to people.
This is only made worse by the drink and drugs, which are probably his way of 'self medicating'.
If it is true Andy Rourke suffers from depression, again the drink and drugs will not help him with that, although he might think they do. Also addiction is an illness.

I think Andy Rourke might have Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) because he has a 'split personality'. Andy Rourke can be sort of nice to people sometimes, then he turns and is incredibly nasty to people.
This is only made worse by the drink and drugs, which are probably his way of 'self medicating'.
If it is true Andy Rourke suffers from depression, again the drink and drugs will not help him with that, although he might think they do. Also addiction is an illness.

Great bass guitarist, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom