Alain Whyte and band mini Ireland tour (August 21, 2023)

The BIG news is here and we're so excited to finally share it with you. We will be playing some very select live shows later this year in the following cities/venues:

29 November - Belfast, Northern Ireland (Ulster Sports Club)
1 December - Cork, Ireland (The Pavilion)
2 December - Dublin, Ireland (Whelans)

The gigs will feature my band of all-stars most of you already know and love:

Craig Gannon - guitars
Gary Day - bass
Spencer Cobrin - drums
Gustavo Manzur, Jr. - keyboards

We'll be playing sets filled will songs we've all been involved in (either written, co-written and/or played on) as well as a surprise or two each night which you won't want to miss.

Tickets go on sale this Friday (25 August at 10am GMT) via AlainWhyteMusic.com/tour & Eventbrite.ie

More info will follow, so please stay tuned. We really can't wait to play for you all!

Screenshot_20240301-023905.png

View attachment 102601

Something Alain Whyte has just posted on FB... Am I engaging in wishful thinking or might this be hinting at some good news...?

Is it in reply to someone? Maybe Morrissey’s new management gave Alain a contract that he agrees with, in spite of previous problems?

I mean, there’s only one real thing.

It's just a post on its own, not replying to anything directly

well, it’s quite a naughty wind up from Alain, if not true. Unless there’s more to the comment that I’m not aware of, since I don’t follow his instagram.

Posted x3 across his FB's.
Bucket of salt may be required.
I'm sure I saw the coke/pepsi thing mentioned by another person elsewhere on socials - sometime in the last 48hrs.
Can't place it.
FWD.

View attachment 102601

Something Alain Whyte has just posted on FB... Am I engaging in wishful thinking or might this be hinting at some good news...?
Er I don't think that's a good analogy, I don't like coke!

It's only good for people who enjoy sniffing plastic. You one of them Alain?

That's a good group. Perhaps it's Morrissey's new backing band. No disrespect to Jesse and 'the kids', but with Gustavo in tow, and his and Alain's backing vocals, you've got Morrissey magic.

Seems like it would be a band of friends again.

That's a good group. Perhaps it's Morrissey's new backing band. No disrespect to Jesse and 'the kids', but with Gustavo in tow, and his and Alain's backing vocals, you've got Morrissey magic.

Seems like it would be a band of friends again.
I don't think any of Morrissey's bandmates were (or are) friends with Morrissey - with exception of maybe Jesse now

I don't think any of Morrissey's bandmates were (or are) friends with Morrissey - with exception of maybe Jesse now

Well, according to Morrissey during the Larry King interview (a performance of Kiss Me A Lot followed, World Peace-era band) - Morrissey said something like 'they are not studio musicians, we love each other', and that specific band (Matt Walker, Boz, Gus, Jesse) wrote and played some vibrant, wonderful music together (over 2 LPs) and you could hear the love in it. Just like the classic Morrissey sound (Vauxhall/Boxers era), I'd say that for the most part - these people were happy to be playing with Morrissey (and w/each other), and brought the best out of his music and songs.

Also, from even more of a classic Morrissey era, the Kill Uncle tour/Your Arsenal band was photographed extensively in Morrissey Shot, where Morrissey appears very fond of them. The band of course (minus Boz) were already pals before signing up, but in that photo book you can see the closeness in that specific band, with Morrissey included. There are similar photos, from different times, of Morrissey drinking at bars/out and about with his World Peace/LIHS (different bass) bandmates and there seemed to be a friendship between them as well.

I'd think that the eras with the best musical output would be the happiest, for an artist like Morrissey this would certainly be the case.

Last edited:
Well, according to Morrissey during the Larry King interview (a performance of Kiss Me A Lot followed, World Peace-era band) - Morrissey said something like 'they are not studio musicians, we love each other', and that specific band (Matt Walker, Boz, Gus, Jesse) wrote and played some vibrant, wonderful music together (over 2 LPs) and you could hear the love in it. Just like the classic Morrissey sound (Vauxhall/Boxers era), I'd say that for the most part - these people were happy to be playing with Morrissey (and w/each other), and brought the best out of his music and songs.

Also, from even more of a classic Morrissey era, the Kill Uncle tour/Your Arsenal band was photographed extensively in Morrissey Shot, where Morrissey appears very fond of them. The band of course (minus Boz) were already pals before signing up, but in that photo book you can see the closeness in that specific band, with Morrissey included. There are similar photos, from different times, of Morrissey drinking at bars/out and about with his World Peace/LIHS (different bass) bandmates and there seemed to be a friendship between them as well.

I'd think that the eras with the best musical output would be the happiest, for an artist like Morrissey this would certainly be the case.
I think the assertions are not studio musicians, and that we love each other a lot, could be sure could be some spin on the part of Morrissey. Or to put it another way: I think there are probably very intense periods of camaraderie and friendship in every iteration of the band,, but they never seems to last.

I don't get the sense that it's lasting now – certainly not in the sense of return or reintegration with Alian he others – which you seem to be suggesting. There was a reason all of them left and while we can point the finger at management all day, the man in charge is also in charge of choosing and retaining his tour mangement, so that's something to consider.

It is notable for me that even Boz is recording new music with the polecats – and touring on it. So, much like with Alain and company, the problem doesn't seem to be touring per se, recording per se or any of the other rigors involved with being a professional musician in a band – it has to do with the context of touring with Morrissey – and perhaps even recording – when the future of the release of those recorded tracks and albums are completely hypothetical at this point.

Morrissey has, since the days of the Smiths, always asserted an affection and kinship and respect for his band members, and yet all of them eventually end up leaving- amd none of them, publicy profess ednuring friendship- outside of being on generally good terms.

That's not entirely his fault, but neither is he blameless in the recurrence of the same pattern

Last edited:
Juan, Camila, Carmen & Brendan have all been doing their own thing recently according to IG & IG stories.
Regards,
FWD.

Much that I love the current band the news that Alain & Gustavo are back in, with any or all of the others Alain's been connecting with would be just fantastic.
Thinking about how M may be after resting up maybe this would be a great way of kicking things off again?

Juan, Camila, Carmen & Brendan have all been doing their own thing recently according to IG & IG stories.
Regards,
FWD.
But do they have anything, or much, planned for the rest of this year too?

We can safely assume now that Morrissey is taking the first part of this year off, but from September onwards something could possible start happening again.

Back
Top Bottom