Action Is My Middle Name: What does it mean?

Re: Action Is My Middle Name: What does it mean???

RB, as I indicated above, French kissing on a first date is now compulsory in Europe thanks to an EU regulation which came into force a few years ago. If you can accept that as a simple matter of fact, surely everything else makes perfect sense?

Realitybites how have you made it thus far without even having a basic grasp of sarcasm?

You are a Morrissey fan for f*** sake!

Yeah we all really think that the song is really about puppies or eating a cow, really we do. I'm serious, we totally do. It's not totally about a relationship at all, it's really about a puppy or eating a cow. I swear it is, puppy or eating a cow, don't fight it. It's true. Puppy/cow, not longing for a relationship which Moz has written about since 1983. Seriously puppy/cow. Cowpup. Pupco. Copu? Copu-late? Copulate! Copulation! Holy f***, you were right Realitybites! Bravo!

Wow you must be patting yourself on the back. How long did that take you to come up with that?

Look, after the shit Geezer posts, nothing I read from the posters here surprises me. Cornflakes' post read as sarcastic as did the cow post. But puppies comes across as quite serious. But, maybe I am wrong.

RB, as I indicated above, French kissing on a first date is now compulsory in Europe thanks to an EU regulation which came into force a few years ago. If you can accept that as a simple matter of fact, surely everything else makes perfect sense?

:lbf: Ya, OK.

I read on the internet that the lyrics was actually code for 'I like blue roses'.

It's not surprising that so many people have misheard the title of the song but, in actual fact, it's a coded reassurance to his followers that his recent comments about UKIP are part of some wider plan, and he remains as committed as ever to the principle of continued European integration. Ashton is his middle name, as in Catherine Ashton, the EU vice president.

The lyrics are mainly a list of what Morrissey sees as the benefits that British people have derived from the various European institutions: the right to consensual sado-masochistic practices (such as biting letters of the alphabet into your partner's flesh); protection for undertakers from the blight of late cancellations; the ability to buy people without them knowing (although I don't think Morrissey has this one quite right); compulsory French kissing on a first date. The introduction of the Working Time Directive means literally that people can no longer waste time - you have to do your job efficiently because, once you get to 48 hours, that's it. Morrissey appears to acknowledge, though, that his unbridled enthusiasm for the European project, coupled with his near-encyclopaedic knowledge of treaties, Directives and so on (gained through "hours of fun" at the europa.eu portal site), can lead to him gabbling on without pausing for breath and completely confusing his interlocutors whenever conversation turns to the latest rulings out of Strasbourg.

It's obvious when you think about it, although I can see how the puppy theory would seem plausible to anyone not aware of the context.
so I am up here hanging out with my brother in Washington state, taking advantage of the recent change in the law
5437.gif

and when I read Cornflakes above post, it made me laugh so hard :rofl:
I nearly choked to death :cool: thanks dude :p

An interesting theory, but I'm sure there's a regulation somewhere that makes it illegal to tour with puppies.

Let's say he means it literally... (human)tongue against (human)tongue. Why do you find that to be gross?

THE ANSWER IS IN THE QUESTION. Do people actually do that????? :eek:

At least Mozza220559 thinks I'm onto something. I am a lyrics interpretation GENIUS. I also take credit for figuring out that "November Spawned A Monster" is about Sesame Street and that "I'm OK By Myself" is a tribute to the great state of Oklahoma.

Glamorous Glue is about Morrissey's outrage at the moral bankruptcy of the British celebrity TV panel game Call My Bluff.

Last edited:

Still Ill is a warning to others about the fact that mononucleosis persists in one's system forever after the first infection, causing flare-ups from time to time during periods of stress or low immune capacity.

Glamorous Glue is about Morrissey's outrage at the moral bankruptcy of the British celebrity TV panel game Call My Bluff.

I thought Glamorous Glue was a gay term for ejaculate, and I'm sort of being serious.

And the lyrics of Hand In Glove are uber gay and I'm sort of being serious with them as well. "hand in glove, the sun shines out of our behinds" This means anal sex, the penis fits into the rectum as perfectly as a hand in a glove. The sun shines out of our behinds, comes from the phrase, "Stick it where the sun don't shine!" Which is a homophobic way of saying "f*** you", because the only place the sun doesn't shine is a rectum because that is a bad, dirty place, and saying stick something up there is implying you are gay, which is a major sin in the biblical sense. By saying "the sun shines out of our behinds", Moz turns this phrase against the homophobes, he is proud of a sunlit butthole , in fact the sunlight doesn't just shine on his butthole, it shines OUT of his butthole.

I really hope the mods post this as I am seriously not trolling, I think my theories have some sort of value, even with the bawdy language.

I've said it many times before, I'll say it again - "You Have Killed Me" is about Morrissey getting AIDS. Think about it....THINK about it.

I think this song is about how someone, a lover, spouse, or perhaps someone more powerful in one's life-like a parent can crush someone's spirit. Leave them void of the normal human condition (if there is a thing) and alienated from from the ability to interact with life and people functionally. Doomed to live in loneliness and pain. Perhaps AIDS would be a better fate...

To me, it is about not leaving anything to regret. Owning your love, in a primal way, that is tender and primal. And he will take action-don't doubt it, anymore-and make his love interest his, in many levels...

Back
Top Bottom