Morrissey Central “Boom !" & "Hotel in Jakarta" (December 27, 2022)

unnamed-2.jpg

c0fcfb43-6135-4b02-a3b7-a7354cc08004.jpg

It's sad to think about this, but if BoT and the yet to be recorded album are not released, I expect that upon his death there will be a whole swathe of previously unreleased material released by the record companies. Paint A Vulgar Picture will truly become a real life telling of Morrissey's life and death.

I truly hope I'm wrong, as it's sad to see his career turning out like this, and I'd much rather he continue to release music, even if it's not that good. But, at the rate he is burning his bridges, at a seemingly accelerating pace, the material will never be released, unless he self-releases, which still seems unlikely despite everything that has happened in the last couple of years.
Morrissey has become quite vulgar all on his own, he is not the intellectual, refined person he used to be

Morrissey has become quite vulgar all on his own, he is not the intellectual, refined person he used to be
So you said this, and now I'm thinking: if Morrissey was now "soft and fluffy", would he interest people more than with his current "prickly" character? It seems to be part of the game he has to play. So to speak, a good face in a bad game. Doesn't he enjoy the fact that generations much younger than him are hitting the charts, preventing Morrissey from breaking into the top of the charts with the same ease as, say, in 1988?

So you said this, and now I'm thinking: if Morrissey was now "soft and fluffy", would he interest people more than with his current "prickly" character? It seems to be part of the game he has to play. So to speak, a good face in a bad game. Doesn't he enjoy the fact that generations much younger than him are hitting the charts, preventing Morrissey from breaking into the top of the charts with the same ease as, say, in 1988?
I don't think he was ever soft and fluffy and wouldn't want him to be. He's always been prickly, but he did it with more panache and intelligence. Now he is just whiny and the not the witty wordsmith he once was.
A lot of older songs seem to be hitting the charts, like what happened recently with Kate Bush. I think there is a market for people looking for what music used to be, and I also think Morrissey is turning into that kind of artist he has always criticized. I wonder if he spent time promoting and performing his early solo songs and even Smiths songs more often, he would have some chart success.

I think M supplies the content and has S take responsibility for posting it, but it is called Messages from Morrissey, so I doubt he is not in charge
Absolutely. Far too often on here you basically see the following play out:

"Good" Morrissey Central posts = "Morrissey posted this! Woo, great! Isn't he the best??"

"Bad" Morrissey Central posts = "Sam posted this🤬🤬🤬!!! He's terrible!! Morrissey needs to sack his own nephew!!!"

People denying Morrissey's agency when it suits them and slagging off Sam for no good reason. Sure, call Sam out for his awful work, but the blame always lies with Morrissey (e.g. Kiss Me A Lot video was absolutely awful, but Morrissey could have easily said "no").

I can see what you're saying, but I'm not sure he ever was soft or fluffy, and that's what made The Smiths and Morrissey so, so good.

However, despite him being an arsehole over the years, there was kindness there still, particularly in The Smiths lyrics, which is why so many young, working class, sad misanthropic boys (myself included) enjoyed his music and words so much.

That kindness is increasingly lacking. Morrissey has given in to his more bitter nature, unfortunately.

Absolutely. Far too often on here you basically see the following play out:

"Good" Morrissey Central posts = "Morrissey posted this! Woo, great! Isn't he the best??"

"Bad" Morrissey Central posts = "Sam posted this🤬🤬🤬!!! He's terrible!! Morrissey needs to sack his own nephew!!!"

People denying Morrissey's agency when it suits them and slagging off Sam for no good reason. Sure, call Sam out for his awful work, but the blame always lies with Morrissey (e.g. Kiss Me A Lot video was absolutely awful, but Morrissey could have easily said "no").
Yeah, I have said here that no matter who posts it, it's Morrissey's responsibility since his name is one it, but it is hilarious how the 'good' posts must be him and the 'bad' posts must be Sam and Morrissey is tied up in a closet unable to read the internet while Sam twirls his obligatory villain moustache and is consumed with evil laughter

That Kiss Me A lot video is total cringe and so is the song, if Morrissey thinks it's all really sexy then I completely believe he is celibate

With many Central posts I thought that it's M himself somehow. Because at times it totally looks like posts people in his agegroup would deliver (no offense to people in their 60ies though ^^ ). Sam is too digital native age wise. You just wouldn't believe that he'd do it himself because famous people have teams for that but he clearly doesn't. And we know he likes to write stuff...it would be quite funny if that's true.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom