YouTube Discoveries Thread

I believe Bernard was approached to take over from Alain but said no.

Interesting. I can't imagine Moz carrying the invitation through to fruition though - he's proud and he wouldn't like people thinking he'd recruited a weak imitation of Marr.

Interesting. I can't imagine Moz carrying the invitation through to fruition though - he's proud and he wouldn't like people thinking he'd recruited a weak imitation of Marr.

Hey now. Sure, Marr was a hero of Bernard's, but I definitely think Bernard has proved his uniqueness as a guitarist in his own right, especially in his work with David McAlmont and in The Tears. I'm not saying he's as innovative or legendary as Johnny, but I certainly think he's one of England's great guitarists.

Hey now. Sure, Marr was a hero of Bernard's, but I definitely think Bernard has proved his uniqueness as a guitarist in his own right, especially in his work with David McAlmont and in The Tears. I'm not saying he's as innovative or legendary as Johnny, but I certainly think he's one of England's great guitarists.

Oh no, I agree with you. I'm just saying, Moz is more considerate of critical opinion than he makes out, and you know how much he's strived to escape the Smiths shadow. I don't think he'd willingly invite the comparison of a "current" guitarist with Marr, but the Press would still make it.

Oh no, I agree with you. I'm just saying, Moz is more considerate of critical opinion than he makes out, and you know how much he's strived to escape the Smiths shadow. I don't think he'd willingly invite the comparison of a "current" guitarist with Marr, but the Press would still make it.

Ahh, gotcha. I misunderstood the point you were going for.

Paint A Vulgar Picture sung as tribute to Kurt Cobain on 18th anniversary. THIS LINK explains the video

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wanted Moz to have a go with Bernard - it would definitely be interesting, especially with Bernard producing.

Ooh I say!

Wouldn't Brett get jealous?
And what would Bernard produce? Very interesting.

;)

Were you a Baby Punk? I've heard rumours that you wore a safety-pin in your nappy that year

I cosmically coo'd the blue print for punk into Joey Ramone's ear as he slept at night. :D

Billy Bragg sings Jeane on Record Store Day, at Sister Ray records, London

Good effort, Billy

Nice lengthy videos from Japan. The second one has 'To Give' near the beginning, but is edited

Back
Top Bottom