Whats your top 3 from ROTT so far

Life Is A Pigsty
At Last I Am Born (From difficult child to spectral hand to Claude Brasseur. Blah blah blah blah.... I LOVE IT!!!!)
The Youngest Was The Most Loved/ To Me You Are A Work OF Art

I think that Dear God Please Help Me will make the list at some point, but as I'd heard it prior to the rest of the LP I tend to skip the first 3 tracks at the moment! Sacrilege.

Best LP since Vauxhall. Definitely. Bring on the tour.

1. I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now

2. The Youngest Was The Most Loved

3. Life Is A Pigsty

> 1. I'll Never Be Anybody's Hero Now

> 2. The Youngest Was The Most Loved

> 3. Life Is A Pigsty

1. To me you are a work of art.

2. In the future when all's well.

3. Life is a pigsty.

I'm not keen on Father who must be killed, although it seems popular amongst Solo reader.

1) At Last I Am Born - lots of interesting bits...the voice effect on the "look at me now..." passage (or is that just the Amazon stream)...the spy guitar..the castanets...Morrissey's voice sounds very strong here..

2) The Youngest Was The Most Loved - an obvious single...upbeat, love the choir bits and the sprinklings of piano.

3) In The Future When All's Well - a close call, but I think it's just a bit more enjoyable that The Father Who Must Be Killed.

Overall, I love this record. Apparently liking "Vauxhall" means that you are a trendy...well if that's so then I'll wear the cap. I think ROTT is Morrissey's strongest album from a muscical perspective, but "Vauxhall" is stronger lyrically. ROTT is strong, and there are only two songs I'm not sure about - namely I Just Want To See the Boy Happy and Dear God... But then, I felt the same about Used to Be A Sweet Boy and Hold Onto Your Friends.

But it really annoys me to see Morrissey getting 3s out of 5s in most of the UK press, especially when they seem to hold up mediocre "chav-rock" albums up as the benchmark of quality...And yes, I include The Streets and The Libertines in that grouping.

> 1. Life is a pigsty - first 3 listens thought it was rubbish, put it on
> the big stereo and what a difference

> 2. Dear god please help me - fantastic, don't think a song like this has
> been made since the 1950's/60's like what visconti has done here

> 3. The father who must be killed - very poppy, i like it alot
> whats your top 3?

1. At Last I Am Born 2. The Youngest Was The Most Loved 3. The Father Who Must Be Killed

... but don't undesrtand why peole like "In The Future When All's Well" so much... maybe takes another five sessions to grab me. But the album as a whole: wonderful. And I expected the worst really.

> whats your top 3?

1. LIFE IS A PIGSTY
2. DEAR GOD PLEASE HELP ME
3. THE YOUNGEST WAS THE MOST LOVED

1. To me you are a work of art
2. Life is a pigsty
3. In the future when all’s well

Also, does anyone else think that the part with the children’s choir in ‘at last I am born’ sounds similar to the ‘aaah’ bit near the end of November spawned a monster?

1.The Father Who Must Be Killed 2. In The Future When All's Well 3. The Youngest Was The Most Loved

at the moment it's...

1 pigsty
2 the father who must
3 dear god

> whats your top 3?

Re: at the moment it's...

1 The Youngest Was The Most Loved

2 Life Is A Pigsty

3 Dear god please help me

Right now...

1. In The Future When All's Well

2. To Me You Are A Work of Art

3. You Have Killed Me

Exactly the same 3 as you, actually - and that doesn't seem to be changing at all with continued listening. . .

Back
Top Bottom