What exactly did Morrissey say about Michael Jackson?

Just in case anyone is interested, the following is from Marc Almond's website...

"Not wanting to add too much to the acres of tree wasting print and air time choking drivel from the people who knew him least, and truly cared even less, concerning the tragic, though not entirely unexpected, death of Michael Jackson, my thoughts are probably expressed best in two songs in the Video section of this site. Child Star and The Idol. I'd like to say Michael RIP, but you and I know that will never happen, not when there's a bandwagon to ride, muck to be raked and a buck to be made.
Love
Marc"

I was also walking round Piccadilly over the weekend and saw a few sad looking stalls selling "The King of Pop is Dead" T-shirts. All non-licensed products of course. It was a sad & sickening sight. Those stalls are the sort of vermin I associate with the illegal hot dog trollies around the West End.

MJ's death is a perfect example of media's hypocrisy: One minute the man is an evil child molester on the loose and the biggest freak going - the next minute he is a "King of Pop" and the greatest talent. Also, are people mourning the early child star Jackson or the black-man-who-became-white latter day Jackson?

I don't get it.....:crazy:

So what I am trying to say is that not every singer/artist feel the need to say their condolences or in fact say anything at all on the matter. It's obvious that MJ probably wasn't high up on Morrissey's list of heroes so to him MJ was another crashing bore in the "pop" world.

No offence.

BTW...

So far I have spotted at least 6 commemorative "special issue" magazines in Sainsbury's and a new box set of MJ albums was in the shops today for a handy price of £29.99.

Dreadful.

No, Iv'e not been looking for them but I've been looking at them just out of interest. I spend a lot of time in shops :lbf:
I need to know what is going on!

And yeah, he is. Call yourself the King of Pop and you're overrated by definition. (By the way, does anyone remember that Jackson himself came up with that name?)

:tears:OMG does this mean that Prince isn't really a prince? WHY DO YOU RUIN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Ladies and gentlemen I present 'Heal the World', 'We Are The World' and the killing blow 'Earth Song' :sick:

Would that be the same Earth Song that spent about 5 weeks at number one?

Must make Steven "I Deserve A Number 1 Because I'm So Important Even Though Most Of My Recent Work Is Mediocre" Morrissey sick to his stomach.

Must make Steven "I Deserve A Number 1 Because I'm So Important Even Though Most Of My Recent Work Is Mediocre" Morrissey sick to his stomach.

I couldn't care less about Morrissey getting to number one. In fact, I'd be astonished if he ever did.

However, anyone who can defend 'Earth Song' in any way needs a severe talking to. Or just having every piece of equipment that can play music taken off of them.

yeah, Moz would absolutely kill for a number one single. even now. we know how much it means from that horrible email he sent after The Youngest missed the top 10 in 2006.
I did sense a bit of jealousy on Moz behalf when all those M Jackson songs flooded the chart...

Greetings, Pop-Pickers!!!

Joe Dolce even managed a No# 1.....
and the almost God-like Rene and Renata......
At least MJ had some DECENT tunes to get there....
Moz should WELL have tucked at least ONE under his belt by now.....Shame....he deserves it........he's earned it......best songwriter that EVER lived, in my opinion....

However,
Anyone going to the "Mr. Blobby" anniversary gigs???
( I believe the "Power Rangers", and "Zig and Zag" are the possible supporting acts.....).
The Charts are shite........JLS (?). are currently at the top....as if anyone cares anymore....
Mozzer could Fart through a flute in a bath, and I would buy it....( at least I would recognise the effort that went into producing it...) or maybe he could just do a cover of "Agadoo" instead......

I have been a Morrissey fan for a good four years now. I'm 18 years old and Morrissey came into my life at a time when I needed him most - this isn't a new story, I am certain that Morrissey, like all good artists, came into my life at a certain time when he spoke to me - like all good artists should and have done with me.

Michael Jackson represents something to me that, although I have grown away from as I have grown up, I refuse to let go. My earliest memories were of being four years old, sat infront of the television screen analysing and taking inspiration from every single component in Michael Jackson's live performance and vocal technique.

I have tried to explain my admiration and previous obsession with MJ to many people throughout my life - so I will try again now. I'm sure it'll meet criticism (this is Morrissey-Solo, after all!), but I hope it will make a few open minded scpetics understand his influence on at least one human being. This is, also, not a sop story - it is a recollection of fact and events that shaped who I am today - if i wanted sympathy I wouldn't broadcast my childhood to a website of strangers, I am solely interested in trying to convey my relationship with Michael Jackson's music.

I was sexually abused as a young child, from the ages of around four-six. This may seem highly ironic, but it was inevitably this abuse that led me to love Michael Jackson.

The abuse I went through left me, as it does many children, feeling completely powerless, insignificant, and disposable. However, the magic that Michael created through his movements and his undeniably amazing vocal skills inspired me immeasurably. The power that he commanded on stage and the confidence he had in his moves and his music inspired me to conjure up a confidence and power within myself.

It also, along with the divine Motown catalogue, formed the basis of music that I chose to grow up with.

I am now a musician myself, and I will be the first to say that the morals and ethics I as an artist strive to convey within myself, my life and my music, are as far removed from Michael Jackson's as possible - in heinsight I'd struggle to find any morals or ethics within Michael's music.

However, my adoration for the man as a weak and vulnerable child is something I will always be in debt to, and the gifts that the man as a performer ,and not a human being, gave to me have left me eternally in debt to Michael Jackson.

It is possible, in fact certain, that the controversies and speculation that hounded Michael Jackson were due to nothing but his own errors and mistakes. It is also certain that these will follow him well into his death.

But there was a time, around twenty years ago, when Michael Jackson was nothing but a fantastic, electrifying performer. I strongly feel that this gift should be taken gratuitously, yet with a pinch of salt.

Well, let's not avoid the issue. He is implying that Michael Jackson, his death and all the media coverage of it is boring.

So, by default, if you're a Michael Jackson fan he's slagging you off too.

But does Morrissey's opinion about anything really matter anymore. He's a moaning, bitchy, arrogant caricature of himself these days. Still... some of the songs are still good, eh.
A devastatingly bloated caricature of himself I'd say. Even Morrissey admitted to Madonna's influence, he could do the same for Michael Jackson.

Back
Top Bottom