what did Morrissey's gesture mean?

Re: hmmm

:confused:

It doesn't mean anything.
You're trying too hard.

He's stabbing his clavicle with a rose. SO you know how the boy has a thorn in his side? Well Morrissey uses a rose instead of a sword to stab his clavicle or piano in effect saying that he's ready to move on, hence getting on the bus while he makes the gesture. The moral of this? Morrissey is commenting that while roses on his piano are nice, tulips on his organ would be WAAAAY better.

But they should be my lips only. kthx.

It looks like he's stabbing himself in the jugular with a syringe, twisting it and then throwing it away.

A reference to his recent medical treatments?

Suicidal posturing?

Mainlining heroin?

I need to step away from the computer...

Ending his life because that one woman's voice is unbearable (sorry if you're reading this -- at least you're a devoted fan!)

^^ :eek:

Why, I do believe that is the first unkind post I've ever read coming from you - normally such a gentleman. ;)

Actually, I watched the clip with the sound off the first two times. When I turned the sound on and heard the screeching, it took on a whole new meaning. :squiffy:

Hah -- thanks for keeping track. I'm really not that nice, but I've been coming here for 12 years to read and talk Morrissey -- never could be bothered with anything negative!

^^ :eek:

Why, I do believe that is the first unkind post I've ever read coming from you - normally such a gentleman. ;)

Actually, I watched the clip with the sound off the first two times. When I turned the sound on and heard the screeching, it took on a whole new meaning. :squiffy:

Re: hmmm

:rolleyes:
I know it's gonna happen someday, to youuuu :thumb:

I'm getting sick of waiting. :straightface: If I could shapeshift or whatever I'd probably be that guy cussing obsenities during Seasick last night I'm so sick of waiting, and yet I get tossed out with the garbage. Oh well.

I'm getting sick of waiting. :straightface: If I could shapeshift or whatever I'd probably be that guy cussing obsenities during Seasick last night I'm so sick of waiting, and yet I get tossed out with the garbage. Oh well.

:tears: Was it a Tourette's sufferer?

Morrissey leaving after the Bremen show on Sunday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVMrhBAIe6Q

Any ideas as to what the gesture meant?

hes certainly stabbing himself in the neck and twisting the blade.mabey had a bad night.the twisting of the knife,could have been a signal to the gobshite screaming at him,like she was agony,mabey its a european thing?like that gesture on the film "eastern promises"about the russian mafia in london,check it out.:straightface:

Back
Top Bottom