What do you all reckon to a Morrissey 'Bond' theme? Wouldn't that be just fab?

Shame

Okay, first things first: I realise that James Bond isn't exactly a great film institution - I myself only enjoy one or two from the entire series, and that's on an entirely superficial level (my something-cousin was one of Roger Moore's Bond girls for about seven minutes). I also realise that a lot of people here might hate James Bond and would happily express such a view through heavily charged vitriol and passionate aggression. Maybe you hate the books. Maybe you like them. Maybe you hate the films. Maybe you like them.

Whatever the case, does anybody agree that Morrissey's voice, with the backing of a thunderous orchestra and a set of cunning lyrics, would make for a great Bond theme?

No? Just me? Alright, I'll see myself out. Silly idea anyway.

But at least the notion of backing by a thunderous orchestra is a good one, right? (By which I mean actually thunderous. Not like the almost calm efforts on Ringleader of the Tormentors).

No? Okay, I'll see myself out again.

Last edited:
An interesting observation. I wouldn't think it to work simply because of Morrissey's delicate nature. I can't picture him leading an armada of booming strings, but that's just me.

An interesting observation. I wouldn't think it to work simply because of Morrissey's delicate nature. I can't picture him leading an armada of booming strings, but that's just me.

I know what you mean. Perhaps something in the vein of Ganglord, then? It'll never happen, of course, but hypothetical speculation is what makes the world go round.

More fitting. But it overall just doesn't gel with me. I guess it's because I'm conditioned to the more sensitive, backing strings on tracks like Every Day is Like Sunday and Lost. I think the closest any of Moz's songs with strings ever got to "booming" would be in Angel, Angel Down We Go Together. So to step it up to a legitimately powerful song befitting a James Bond movie doesn't compute in my head, I suppose hahaha.

I always thought that 'Death Of A Disco Dancer' sounded a lot like a Bond theme...and more recently, 'You Were Good In Your Time'.

Good call. You Were Good In Your Time has that romantic quality to it that fits the earlier Bond films quite well.

My head is only occasionally up my bottom and when it is I am only too aware of the ordure. So, that's you told.

You're not a very good troll...you are aware of that, right?

I'm not a troll! Why would you think that? We've exchanged enough messages via posts for you to know I'm not a troll.

It's been obvious you were a troll since your first post...I just wasn't sure you were that lonely, diabetic, balding, overweight, stalker from the chatroom until now. Oh well, that's why you're single...

It's been obvious you were a troll since your first post...I just wasn't sure you were that lonely, diabetic, balding, overweight, stalker from the chatroom until now. Oh well, that's why you're single...
Viva, am I proving your point about having no sense (in this case, of irony) or are you really being nasty? I never had you down as an abusive poster, I always thought your posts were witty and informed. These posts are confusing.

Ok, I'll Bite further down into this topic.....

Dr. No-Show.
Moneypenny changes everything.
Jaws the one for me, fatty.
No I've never had an Odd-Job (...ok...I know I'm stretching it a bit...).

A Rush and a Fatima Blush and the world is ours.
Shakespeares Spectre.
On his Morrisseys Secret service.
"But Honey Ryder, we're not safe here" ( pushing it again....sorry).

...Think I'll leave it at that for now...My tiny brain is aching....

Okay, first things first: I realise that James Bond isn't exactly a great film institution - I myself only enjoy one or two from the entire series, and that's on an entirely superficial level (my something-cousin was one of Roger Moore's Bond girls for about seven minutes). I also realise that a lot of people here might hate James Bond and would happily express such a view through heavily charged vitriol and passionate aggression. Maybe you hate the books. Maybe you like them. Maybe you hate the films. Maybe you like them.

Whatever the case, does anybody agree that Morrissey's voice, with the backing of a thunderous orchestra and a set of cunning lyrics, would make for a great Bond theme?

No? Just me? Alright, I'll see myself out. Silly idea anyway.

But at least the notion of backing by a thunderous orchestra is a good one, right? (By which I mean actually thunderous. Not like the almost calm efforts on Ringleader of the Tormentors).

No? Okay, I'll see myself out again.

Horrible idea.

imager.php
[/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

Horrible idea.

imager.php
[/URL] GIFSoup[/IMG]

I understand, and I politely receive that Connery-strike.

Also, is that GIF image taken from a film or is it CCTV footage of Sean's eyebrow-raising outlook being put into action?

Anyway, I think the opinions presented here all suggest that a Bond theme by Morrissey would be a ludicrous idea. I'll see myself out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom