Warning! Seetickets have cancelled my order.

Etc

Hi all. Just to let you know See tickets have cancelled my tickets for the 22nd. This is not the first time they have done this to me. When I ordered Smashing Pumpkins tickets last year they cancelled the order. They state it because of one of the following reasons:
an invalid card number was entered during your transaction
the expiry date was incorrect
the security number was incorrect
you had insufficient funds in your account.

I checked all the details three times before I clicked submit (I do this every time to ensure I don't have this problem!!)

And there are plenty of funds in that account, I have just checked it again and its all in order.

Just to give you the heads up in case it happens to you too.

I never understand why they don't call you as you always have to give them a telephone number. Fu*kers. :(

Thanks, I've considered having a chat with them. Every time I book tickets with this company I'm a little cautious. From now on I'll just avoid them. Unlike some people I've never had a problem with ticketmaster.

What is odd though is they normally send this cancellation email on the day of booking? They must have waited until today to deal with the orders. Very unfair :(

I had the same problem when I booked tickets for The Killers. But they gave me the opportunity to enter the correct data. They gave me 2 or 3 days for that, or else they would cancel the order. I entered the correct data (initially I entered the wrong exp. date) and everything was fine after that.
So now they just cancelled your order straight away?? :(

Yep, just straight away, no opportunity to re-enter any information, no phone call, nothing. It reads:
This order has been cancelled - you will need to book again (subject to availablility).
Please check your available funds, or use a different card to re-order.

Best regards

SEE Tickets Customer Services

Bloody hell... :eek:
If I were you I'd ring them up and ask what the hell is going on. :mad:

I may do. I think it would be pointless though :(

At least they must be able to track down what the problem was. If they can't give you an answer, just plainly ask them if they sold too many tickets. You will probably know enough if they start to stutter or whatever. :mad:

Ive sent them an email asking for an explaination and assistance in securing the two tickets I ordered :)

That is absolutely sickening its one thing not being able to get a ticket but thinking you have it only for it to be taken must be awful. In another thread somwhere when the gigs were just rumours another poster stated Seetickets had done this to them in the past so for this reason i avoided them and used Ticketline, my Brother got his from Seetickets though and now im worried they'll do the same to him. I hope you manage to get something sorted out.

this happened to me last Nov when I bought tix for the Roundhouse. When I finally got through to them via telephone for an explanation, they claimed my credit card denied the charges, which is complete rubbish b/c I had plenty of available funds. I called my credit card and they said they never recieved an authorization request from See Tickets.

I eventually got tickets in the end but I was baffled b/c this seems to be a recurring theme with them.

Ticketmaster is certainly no angel but I have never, ever had a problem with them in 20 years of buying tickets to all sorts of events.

Just an FYI..Its a smart move if you plan on traveling to another country and using your credit card or making a big purchase online from another country to alert your credit card company ahead of time so they won't think the charges are theft related.

this happened to me last Nov when I bought tix for the Roundhouse. When I finally got through to them via telephone for an explanation, they claimed my credit card denied the charges, which is complete rubbish b/c I had plenty of available funds. I called my credit card and they said they never recieved an authorization request from See Tickets.

I eventually got tickets in the end but I was baffled b/c this seems to be a recurring theme with them.

Ticketmaster is certainly no angel but I have never, ever had a problem with them in 20 years of buying tickets to all sorts of events.

That happened to me when I was booking Manics tickets for their 2007 summer tour. They cancelled 4 lots of 5 sets of tickets for me even though I had more than adequate funds in my account. They refused to reinstate the order. I was so angry. We ended up having to rely on people helping us get tickets, and also a couple of ebay purchases. It was worse because I was buying for 3 others so it was mega stressful trying to sort it all out.

I would do anything to avoid See tickets now, they are staffed by incompetant, patronising idiot. Incidentally, if you book through See, be prepared to only get your tickets the day before or on the day of the gig, or not at all. I asked what arrangements would be in place for me if the ticket's hadn't arrived for one particular gig, and the guy just stated "well, looks like you won't be going to the gig then" I also remember another gig, having to get tickets sent to a youth hostel I was staying in. I only recieved them on the day of the gig. If anyone is planning on doing a number of gigs within close proximity of each other (and won't be going home), it's likely you won't get your tickets.

AVOID SEE AT ALL COST.

Back
Top Bottom