"Viva Hate" reissue - Uncut review (8/10), Andrew McGibbon Revelations

Great read, if a bit sad. Thanks for posting it. Quite strange that they list "Hairdresser on Fire" as being on the disc, as that was only on the USA version of the original album, and to my knowledge is not on the Remastered version at all.

By the way, that would indeed be awesome if Michael Winterbottom were to ever make a Morrissey Biopic. I loved "24 Hr Party People"!
:thumb:

Last edited:
kill uncle was the weakest album morrissey put out, the weakest album i thought he would ever put out, until the "song-writing" brutality that is jessie tobais came along. this 'musician' has done more to sabotage morrissey's career than anyone, except for morrissey himself of course

Someone said about Uncut listing Hairdresser on fire abut it was not included in the present edition.

I do believe that we can think two thing:
- The journalist didn't recieve any promo/comercial copy and reviewed it based in an old edition (but he made confusion with track listing).
- The promo copy has Hairdresser on fire included..

Well... I'm journalist and I think the first hypothesis is more possible.. 'cause other magazines reviewed it and there's lot of concerrence among them

Have you noticed that the album cover on magazine is the original edition?

Last edited:
Very dissapointed that the art work didn't include more photos. Also, the new song seems to be cuted off . It's too short.

- The journalist didn't recieve any promo/comercial copy and reviewed it based in an old edition (but he made confusion with track listing).
If you're right, then he probably copied the track listing from the 1988 American release and then replaced Ordinary Boys with Treat Me Like A Human Being, knowing from other public sources about the two changes (Ordinary Boys out, Late Night shortened). That would be the explanation for the old album cover, too. But the new track listing was publicly available since March and it didn't include Haidresser on Fire anyway, so the reviewer should have known it. And, more important, how can he comment on "the general excellence of the remaster", if he didn't hear it? And, even more important, it's hard to imagine EMI ignoring Uncut and not sending them any promo copy.

If you're right, then he probably copied the track listing from the 1988 American release and then replaced Ordinary Boys with Treat Me Like A Human Being, knowing from other public sources about the two changes (Ordinary Boys out, Late Night shortened). That would be the explanation for the old album cover, too. But the new track listing was publicly available since March and it didn't include Haidresser on Fire anyway, so the reviewer should have known it. And, more important, how can he comment on "the general excellence of the remaster", if he didn't hear it? And, even more important, it's hard to imagine EMI ignoring Uncut and not sending them any promo copy.

I don't know what happened but something went wrong

Back
Top Bottom