@Tim_Burgess (The Charlatans) says there is a deal at O Genesis for Morrissey

pay for the studio i guess. maybe a couple of promotional email blasts.

what else would he want? 25000 units sold barely covers the studio costs.

isnt that everything he, moz, could do himself though to a much more significant degree. it was said he paid the studio costs for world peace and i dont believe tim has the funds to hire a decent producer sound engineer to make an album of even the quality of world peace. mozs albums are indie in the non british sense of the world and cant rely on lo fi values to help it sell. the label should do much more to promote the artist than a few emails, targeted ads is an example which costs money, but they wont unless they think theyll see a return on that which is why many are taking a cut of touring and merch since albums dont sell. a promotional campaign even in todays sense still costs a bunch and i dont think tim has the funds or connections/shrewdness to make that happen even if he was motivated by the touring merch percentage. i also dont think he has the distribution reach of label with more funds to place the album and downloads where they will sell or will be seen. not a knock on tim but his label isnt in a position to help him which is why he wont sign

Back
Top Bottom