There’s been a huge demand for ‘Shut up, Morrissey’ merchandise since that interview… - NME

Link from Shoplifterromo:

There’s been a huge demand for ‘Shut up, Morrissey’ merchandise since that interview… - NME

Excerpt:

This Charming Bag...

Following the reaction to a recent controversial interview by Morrissey, hundreds rushed online to purchase merchandise urging him to shut up.

This week, the former Smiths turned solo star made headlines in a divisive interview in which he discussed accusations of racism, referred to Hitler as ‘left wing’ and said that London Mayor Sadiq Khan “can not talk properly“.

So strong was the reaction, that Manchester’s Verity Longley re-started production on tote bags baring the message “Shut up, Morrissey” after they sold out last year. The 32-year-old initially designed the bags after hearing The Smiths being played too loudly from a festival near her house, but was encouraged to bring them back after being inundated with messages this week.

“Me and my friend were just, ugh, shut up,” she told the BBC. “And then it made us laugh. And we thought, actually, this is quite funny and he really does need to shut up.”

She continued: “As soon as he has an interview, I get messages, and yesterday I had quite a lot of messages. And I went, you know what, why not?

“I couldn’t believe what he said yesterday. Like all the stuff he said about the way Sadiq Khan speaks. That’s the way I speak! It’s just British.”

Ms Longley received over 500 orders in just 48 hours, and donated the £1,730 profit to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund – which helps the victims of the terror attack at an Ariana Grande concert last year.

Demand has been so high that the totes are already currently sold out, but will be available in a variety of colours here when back in stock.

Responding to critics of the bags, Ms Longley Tweeted: “For anyone who isn’t impressed by the totes a) it was just a joke to start & I only responded to people asking for more, 2) look at all the money they raised!, d) chill out, it’s a bit of fun.”

42843_verity_bag.jpg

Related item:

Link from Shoplifterromo:

Excerpt:

This Charming Bag...

Following the reaction to a recent controversial interview by Morrissey, hundreds rushed online to purchase merchandise urging him to shut up.

This week, the former Smiths turned solo star made headlines in a divisive interview in which he discussed accusations of racism, referred to Hitler as ‘left wing’ and said that London Mayor Sadiq Khan “can not talk properly“.

So strong was the reaction, that Manchester’s Verity Longley re-started production on tote bags baring the message “Shut up, Morrissey” after they sold out last year. The 32-year-old initially designed the bags after hearing The Smiths being played too loudly from a festival near her house, but was encouraged to bring them back after being inundated with messages this week.

“Me and my friend were just, ugh, shut up,” she told the BBC. “And then it made us laugh. And we thought, actually, this is quite funny and he really does need to shut up.”

She continued: “As soon as he has an interview, I get messages, and yesterday I had quite a lot of messages. And I went, you know what, why not?

“I couldn’t believe what he said yesterday. Like all the stuff he said about the way Sadiq Khan speaks. That’s the way I speak! It’s just British.”

Ms Longley received over 500 orders in just 48 hours, and donated the £1,730 profit to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund – which helps the victims of the terror attack at an Ariana Grande concert last year.

Demand has been so high that the totes are already currently sold out, but will be available in a variety of colours here when back in stock.

Responding to critics of the bags, Ms Longley Tweeted: “For anyone who isn’t impressed by the totes a) it was just a joke to start & I only responded to people asking for more, 2) look at all the money they raised!, d) chill out, it’s a bit of fun.”

42843_verity_bag.jpg

Related item:

This is how you have "a bit of fun"?

btw all 500 totes were purchased by skinny.

This tote looks just big enough to fit all the f***s I give about this vapid, non-story...

Lorsque vos opposants en sont arrivés à vous demander de la fermer c'est que vos propos doivent-être très proches de la vérité...

Portland was championed as the coolest place on the planet here but mostly on tv shows when some character played a character that had been there.

Always a snowflake of course.
It really was for a while. Great arts scene, a little gritty, a little dangerous, staggeringly cheap rents (a friend rented an entire floor of a building in what is now the "Pearl district" for $450 a month at the height of it) and just an all around vibrant scene, like NYC or San Francisco once were. Time marches on though, and there's money to be made. At least there's still the ocean an hour-ish to the West, mountains an hour-ish to the East, desert if you keep going another couple of hours, and a stunning amount of nature all around.

It really was for a while. Great arts scene, a little gritty, a little dangerous, staggeringly cheap rents (a friend rented an entire floor of a building in what is now the "Pearl district" for $450 a month at the height of it) and just an all around vibrant scene, like NYC or San Francisco once were. Time marches on though, and there's money to be made. At least there's still the ocean an hour-ish to the West, mountains an hour-ish to the East, desert if you keep going another couple of hours, and a stunning amount of nature all around.
And you had the coolest and most active nazi scene as well of course.

SWOON

LOL

I'm well aware of Oregon's past. Idaho gave us a a good run for our money though. And potatoes.
My mexican informant in LA tells me the nazis there hand out cheap yucky candy.

Reckon this would never happen in Moz Angeles. Reckon no reckon why Uncle Steve hates the uk, but Uncle Steve will take your foreigner money! LOL!
Reckon your vibrating dildo got stuck on full speed up your arsenal when you typed this. You’ve surpassed yourself with your illiteracy this time. You really do Americans no favours with the bollocks that you come out with.

Shut up, David Tseng. You run a stalker site and it's really quite sick. By the way, I've noticed you have violated copyright several times just this month, stealing content for your web site without permission. This web site is a crime in progress.

Last edited:
They still talk about Portland being a cool place on tv. Just had a swedish comedy show on and the girl on the left play this character that went to Portland and she keeps talking about the place until the others get bored.

She compares Portland with communist Sweden!

LOL

2099320.jpg

This tote looks just big enough to fit all the f***s I give about this vapid, non-story...

These things are pretty convenient though. They are great for holding stuff, especially trips to the library to check out videos.

dmzpn7.jpg

looks more like a pillowcase,low quality,terrible design.people will buy any old shite just to appear in with the kids.

Oh well there is a upside to this latest outpouring - if I want to remind myself why I like Moz in the first place I have now to listen with headphones on to his music. It makes for an intimate experience - if like in the olden days i.e. 2 weeks ago played it on my stereo the neighbours would expect to see me on Friday night running to the local mosque wearing my black shirt to start Sharia watch.

Oh well there is a upside to this latest outpouring - if I want to remind myself why I like Moz in the first place I have now to listen with headphones on to his music. It makes for an intimate experience - if like in the olden days i.e. 2 weeks ago played it on my stereo the neighbours would expect to see me on Friday night running to the local mosque wearing my black shirt to start Sharia watch.

Roaring!

Back
Top Bottom