The Smiths to reunite for 2020 tour promoted by Live Nation?

A trusted source has sent the following:

Concert industry insiders, not authorized to speak publicly, say concert giant “Live Nation” has won the rights for the long-awaited Smiths reunion to happen next year. We know what you’re already singing to yourself (“stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before”), but because dates and venues are already said to be in the “plotting stage,” this would indicate that a Morrissey-Marr reunion is closer than ever to becoming a reality. There’s no word yet on if all four original members will share the concert stage. Morrissey just completed his “California Son” tour. According to his website, Johnny Marr has no upcoming shows scheduled. Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned.

Johnny Marr's Twitter response when asked regarding this story - Twitter (November 6, 2019), link via @ordinaryboy86:

Media coverage:
Related item:

Last edited:
It's curious that you rate my post 'redundant' and then answer it. But I'm genuinely interested in what you think he does 'wrong.'

Skinny you post the same over and over, so all your posts in theory merit a redundant rating.
Others have already posted information and videos confirming that Marr is a mediocre musician.

Skinny you post the same over and over, so all your posts in theory merit a redundant rating.
Others have already posted information and videos confirming that Marr is a mediocre musician.

I asked before they posted, so you've got that wrong. Marr is a fine musician and if you and the other cloth-eared bints on here think otherwise then that indicates that none of you know a damn thing about music.

I asked before they posted, so you've got that wrong. Marr is a fine musician and if you and the other cloth-eared bints on here think otherwise then that indicates that none of you know a damn thing about music.

Skinny we know English when we hear it, and whatever Marr sings it isnt English.

We also know a bum chord when we hear it, from Marr over and over.

Incredible, did you see the arena’s Moz played last year in the UK? Much bigger than where Marr will ever play on his own.

Also Moz’s last records charted higher that Marr’s will ever chart.

Please get a perspective.

we know you didn’t see those arenas as you never attended one single gig. You idiot.

Skinny we know English when we hear it, and whatever Marr sings it isnt English.

We also know a bum chord when we hear it, from Marr over and over.
Having listened to many Smiths bootlegs over the years I can assure that the number of bum notes played by Marr pales into insignificance next to the number of times Morrissey has screwed up.

WTF? Boz is a musical genius. It’s his boss who is holding him back. I’ve been lucky enough to be in B’s studio and witness him play. It’s unbelievable.

The same Boz who said you’re a crank. ??
That Boz?

I love both moz and marr as the smiths ad well as solo
I've seen both live and both are awesome gigs
I agree marrs vocals arnt as good as moz that's obvious but I'm curious why whenever I see musical discussions about them both from fans there's always lots of vitriol spewed in marrs direction

Having listened to many Smiths bootlegs over the years I can assure that the number of bum notes played by Marr pales into insignificance next to the number of times Morrissey has screwed up.

Skinny, Marr cant complain about Moz because Moz wrote the lyrics and the melodies. Marr was asked to add some guitar chords and he couldnt even do that. Listen to the boots and there is not one one among them that Marr plays correctly. Boz and Jesse do play it correctly most if not all the time.

Skinny, Marr cant complain about Moz because Moz wrote the lyrics and the melodies. Marr was asked to add some guitar chords and he couldnt even do that. Listen to the boots and there is not one one among them that Marr plays correctly. Boz and Jesse do play it correctly most if not all the time.
You are clearly an idiot with a tin ear, as well as being the proud owner of a pathetic lack of knowledge or understanding of how Morrissey and Marr wrote songs.

You are clearly an idiot with a tin ear, as well as being the proud owner of a pathetic lack of knowledge or understanding of how Morrissey and Marr wrote songs.

Skinny you keep being redundant. Read all the posts by knowledgeable people who have explained his lack of chops.
He cant even get the intros right.

Since he left Moz he has yet to make a memorable song with another co writer. Why? The other co writes wouldn't carry him
like Morrissey did.

Marr was asked to add some guitar chords and he couldnt even do that.

Unusual mistake for a forum like this, thinking the words came first.

The magic is just not gonna be there. I'd be down for the to do a one off rooftop concert though

giphy.gif

Does not matter what came first, the song is based on Morrisseys lyrics and melodies.

Look at it another way. Take any of Johnny Marrs terrible 'solo' songs. How about Easy Money. Terrible lyrics no melody. Ok, take off the lyrics and ignore the melody, how about the 'music'? Terrible as well. All of Johnny Marr's 'songs' follow this pattern.

I don’t think we can ever take you seriously either.
Was it York or Leeds 2011, you on the train playing the super fan with your grand gig total of 2, trying to teach people to sing ? :crazy::lbf::lbf::lbf:

What a moment that was. :guitar::straightface:

Back
Top Bottom