The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 41: EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY

How do you rate Everyday Is Like Sunday?

• Total voters
I feel the need to "confess" my 7 rating. I've just never really cared for this song, and found it, at times, dare I say, dull? Maybe I've just heard it too much. I knew it would score well here, but I had no idea it would do THIS well. I'm feeling lonely down here in "7-land." :(

A 9 from me. Simple but beautiful.

I feel the need to "confess" my 7 rating. I've just never really cared for this song, and found it, at times, dare I say, dull? Maybe I've just heard it too much. I knew it would score well here, but I had no idea it would do THIS well. I'm feeling lonely down here in "7-land." :(

Greetings from the "8-land";) I'm too overexposed to this song (and I do come from a seaside town - which was bombed, but not enough).

Remember 10 is for classic songs and if this isn't a classic I don't know what is! Pure class, brilliant song.

i suppose i like this song and loved it when 'viva hate' came out, but it's pretty much played to death and i never listen to it, now.

Well, "There's A Light That Never Goes Out" next?:rolleyes:

and by the way, 10. Oh I rememvber the days when I discovered this track, beautiful. There was no girls that summer:).

Edit:
69 tens, almost ridicoulus:p

and 9,6 as average

Last edited:
That's how I feel about this song.

Even though I personally do not LOVE this song, I cannot deny its brilliance.

The way I vote is I vote with my emotions unless I know my emotions are not in sync with the reality.

In this case, I'd probably rate the song as an 8 in terms of how much I personally like it but a 10 for its total perfection.

:eek::eek: that's exactly how I feel!

well for me 10/10. It has to be in the top 3 songs of his solo work and even The Smiths

Nine. Although the lyrics are very very simple, sometimes thats a good thing. The arrangement is incredible. The tambourine shake after each line of the chorus gives me chills. Wonder who thought of that. The boring seaside village/armageddon lines are f***ing brilliant.

Probably my favorite, if he sings it in July, i think i'm going to have a heart attack, even my mom likes this song, is beautiful.:)

When this was released I thought it was one of the most brilliant songs ever released but then that's what you will think when you are 19, have little musical knowledge and no sense of perspective.

This is an iconic Morrissey track but one which nowadays I'd have little motivation to listen to. I don't think it's held up as well as say 'Suedehead' or 'November Spawned A Monster' or various other solo Morrissey tracks.

I'm giving it 9 for old times sake.

As a statement re: Moz its a 10.

Lyrically and musically a 10.

It will still be played in 20 years time in the real world. so a 10.

Over familiarity breeds contempt so that for me on a personal level makes it an 8.

-Trudging slowly over wet sand is such an evocative line (and image)

-Share some greased tea with me (what a line)

Plus it uses as an "inspiration" (ahem) one of the best poems of the last 100 years.

So a 10 then!

(Oh and Moz in makes qite good video shocker assists too!)

Difficuult to add to what's already been said already.

Not my all-time fave but still a 10. It's stood the 'test of time', hasn't it?

I mean - it's still loved by fans and known by non-fans. OK, like someone else implied above, it's not the most complex or experimental of songs, but it works - pure and simple.

Brilliant - a classic for sure.

Back
Top Bottom