Tel Aviv - Bitan (July 4, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / I Wish You Lonely / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Night Pop Dropped / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of blueish1 via setlist.fm

Last edited:
the moaning has landed.least people cant moan about notre dame tonight.

he obviously has a problem with his voice,not much talking between songs,drinking liquids between songs,lets face it does anybody feel great after coming off a plane.

Just curious, what makes you say that?
I haven’t been able to observe her stage presence or contribution to the band’s sound, as the thread folowing the opening concert was hijacked by another Lady.
I like this type of woman. But I don't want to sound chauvinistic. She has a cool aura. "Our Lady" haunts this band, you're right.

How Soon Is Now / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / I Wish You Lonely / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Night Pop Dropped / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper //

If S&TH is the encore, that's 19.

Whatever the cause let's hope it's nothing serious and only temporary. But doesn't he have that sometimes and therefore sometimes uses throat spray between the songs? I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

IB, EH encore.

Ok Moz take care of yourself a lot .you must hydrate and you must leave that hot area also literally!!! Hot 40-odd degrees celsius 😍

Upon further inspection, this setlist is completely one’s fault. The musical director J. Tobias. He lacks any true leadership in this band. When confronted with challenges he just resorts to what he knows. This could have been a sensational start to a new tour but alas fate has given us this mediocre performance. Alain is gone because of you know who. Jealous little Tobias got hurt he wasn’t getting the loud cheers as Alain was. You could see and feel the fire lit back into Morrissey when Alain was there.

Get the cancer out and you’ll see Morrissey in his truest form once again. We don’t need Morrissey drinking every time Tobias is around. Perhaps this is why we are getting our Poet in such distress lyrically nowadays. We don’t want him to fade into oblivion, but with Tobias by his side he is surely doomed.

How Soon Is Now / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Our Frank / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Knockabout World / I Wish You Lonely / Half A Person / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Night Pop Dropped / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / The Loop / Jack The Ripper //

If S&TH is the encore, that's 19.
We can all nitpick and of course we’ll have our own personal preferences, but if I’d not seen him for years and that’s what I was given, I probably wouldn’t complain (as long as they were performed well). It’s a pretty good list. It’s not going to make the folks in the UK too excited, I’m guessing, but at face value there are some great tunes in there. I know everyone is sick to death of HSIN, but it really does set a great tone to start a show. I’m sure it provided the kick up the arse that was needed compared to the previous show.

To start off the show with six singles in a row is definitely a great start.
The middle part still needs some improving, although great to have Half a Person in there.
Final six songs are all classics (ok, The Loop excepted maybe) so it ends on a high too.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom