Swords Cover Art?

The font is the least of this sleeve's problems. I don't mind the font at all. The W looks like 2 swords crossing over each other. At least he's dropped the props. No machine guns, babies, violins etc... Hopefully crookedlittlevein is right about it being stock images and not the final sleeve but we will continue to speculate.

The font is the least of this sleeve's problems. I don't mind the font at all. The W looks like 2 swords crossing over each other. At least he's dropped the props. No machine guns, babies, violins etc... Hopefully crookedlittlevein is right about it being stock images and not the final sleeve but we will continue to speculate.

Aww I liked the props. Its like there was some progression or something. In the end, though, it all amounts to taste :o

He survives the destruction that has recently engulfed his surroundings.

I like this. If you want to look for symbolism...

The YOR cover could be Morrissey head held high, proud of his achievements, and passing on his legacy to the next generation. New life, new songs.

This is an album of old songs, so
Old tree, (an oak?) battered by circumstances
standing besides the tree (b-sides)
Old (unairbrushed) portrait, bent over
old clothes, old watch, a big one too, time weighing heavy on his hands

He's peering, looking for a way forward, through the woods. Contemplating his surroundings and discontent with what he sees....
It's his own hand on his knee this time
The sticks on the ground look like discarded swords

He's got an (head)ache?
????

You can make as much or as little as you like of it.
I could be all wrong if this is not the cover. :D

The YOR cover could be Morrissey head held high, proud of his achievements, and passing on his legacy to the next generation. New life, new songs.

He's peering, looking for a way forward, through the woods. Contemplating his surroundings and discontent with what he sees....

He's got an (head)ache?
????

Dunya, that is a great interpretation! I noticed too, that the most appealing thing about the photo is the sticks in the background.

Love photos of Morrissey out and about in Nature, but I don't believe this was the best photo they could have used out of this series.

Font is ok. Practical. Holds ink well. :lbf:

No! I don't like it, make it go away plz.
:mad: :(

I was hoping for something ....More aesthetically pleasing to me. So, when all the promo posters were out I would take them from record shops and put them on my walls (is creepy). But I don't want this on my wall. Boooo.

He's got an (head)ache?
????

You forgot he's wearing a blue shirt cuz he's feeling blue.

As we say here in Oz What a load of bullshit :)

HMV website has both the CD and the VINYL up for preorder. The cover is the one we get from ebay so it may well be the official one.
Cheers Moz

HMV website has both the CD and the VINYL up for preorder. The cover is the one we get from ebay so it may well be the official one.
Cheers Moz

I'm a little confused. If i pre-order that cd on hmv, i should get the bonus cd too? i thought they're was going to be a standard cd and a 'deluxe' cd. so all being well i should get that bonus cd if i pre-order that.

I'm a little confused. If i pre-order that cd on hmv, i should get the bonus cd too? i thought they're was going to be a standard cd and a 'deluxe' cd. so all being well i should get that bonus cd if i pre-order that.

I am quite confused about what people actually mean when they say....."initial copies of the cd will contain the live cd...." is this a limited edition that may run out very soon ?

What is up with the font?! :(

The same with the Maladjusted one too - looks like someone has gone down the font list and thought 'that looks cool' and just settled for that.

The art itself is rather nice, but the words are very tacky.

Not daft on the cover myself, but hey-ho...

The woodland theme reminds me a little of the Killers b-side compilation 'Sawdust' (which was done much better)

It could be worse, I suppose...

Arggggh.jpg

Oh God you are right...this would be even worse!:lbf:However it WOULD be funnier. Maybe Moz is aiming to end up in one of those 'worst ever album covers' compilation books!
It is a shame the possible Swords cover is so dire, after the re-released Maladjusted and Southpaw Grammar covers were so fantastic and pleasing on the eye, I was hoping for something better. This body-in-the-woods photoshoot has to be one of the worst EVAH.

Nobody else in the world will give as much thought to the cover of Swords as the people in this thread have. Literally. Your worries do not extend to reality outside these pages. And anyway the truly worst are much, much worse.

Ten pages of 'em right here. ;-)

I'm just saying that the cover is really of little consequence; I'm not overly fond of it but I don't think it's truly awful, and I just don't think it matters that much. I especially disagree with the idea that this is somehow representative of Morrissey's "decline"; this was an idea expressed a lot on the Solo homepage (surprise surprise). There's no basis for that. The songs on this collection are some of his finest in a decade (and I have a very generous view of his 2000s work), and this cover strikes an atmospheric mood, is a fine photograph in terms of quality, and while not as engaging as early sleeves, is by no means shoddy (except for the font, which is).

While I don't know for sure this seems legit. Also I am a bit sad if its true that Carol is not on the live track cd. That being said a quality live version of Life is Pigsty is lovely.

There already is one on the greatest hits cd.

I'm just saying that the cover is really of little consequence; I'm not overly fond of it but I don't think it's truly awful, and I just don't think it matters that much. I especially disagree with the idea that this is somehow representative of Morrissey's "decline"; this was an idea expressed a lot on the Solo homepage (surprise surprise). .

:lbf: Anything Moz does or doesn't do is "representative of his decline" to the homepage obsessive trolls :crazy:

I'll buy this just because I love Moz to bits, but.... Really?
He looks lost, scared and as though he's injured his knee.
Like Vauxall Vixin said, I was expecting something with more thought behind it. Especially after the new cover art for Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted.
Maybe I'm just missing something.

That cover is all wrong considering the title of the recording.

The most appropriate, but unfitting for sale at your local Walmart, cover art would be that of Morrissey and the lads, similar to the "45" picture but sans 45's and in a more upright pose. Maybe it will be in the inner sleeve.

That cover is all wrong considering the title of the recording.

The most appropriate, but unfitting for sale at your local Walmart, cover art would be that of Morrissey and the lads, similar to the "45" picture but sans 45's and in a more upright pose. Maybe it will be in the inner sleeve.

:eek:
In that case, thank heavens the title isn't "Crossing Swords" :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom