Swords Cover Art?

While I don't know for sure this seems legit. Also I am a bit sad if its true that Carol is not on the live track cd. That being said a quality live version of Life is Pigsty is lovely.

It looks like the same shirt in both photos except his watch seems to have jumped wrists. He usually wears it on his left so Anthony Lui's photo seems to have been flipped.

He has a face.........he is feeling the sword....

I have all those songs....time for a pre release in the forum.....

Last edited:
Oh! Is that the best you can do? Meh.

Not the best cover art, it looks like he is emerging from a swamp or some kind of marshy area.

It looks like the same shirt in both photos except his watch seems to have jumped wrists. He usually wears it on his left so Anthony Lui's photo seems to have been flipped.

Morrissey actually sometimes wears two watches, just have a look at the russel interview on the refusal bonus disc.

It's a different photo from the one that was on Lui's site and not as good. This one looks like a bad take. At least the one they were going to use originally had some focus about it as he was looking straight into camera. I'm not sure where he's looking in this one?

It just occurred to me if this ebay one is legit then wouldn't the sell er have posted pics of the inner art, the back of the CD and a pic of the actual CD itself just to prove it was legit? :confused:

I hope this isn't the cover. Awful. Reminds me of the covers for the Quarry singles, which were (with the exception of Irish Blood) terrible, thrown-together affairs.

Given the care and attention that has gone into the covers from You Have Killed Me onwards, I find it hard to believe that this would pass muster with Morrissey.

Anthony Lui appears to be dubious about this.
He just responded to a query from wur very ain GlasgowChivas on Twitter
@noallegiances SWORDS sleeve on E-Bay already? http://www.morrissey-solo.com/
41 minutes ago from web in reply to noallegiances
with
@GlasgowChivas I hope not!
6 minutes ago from Tweetie in reply to GlasgowChivas

Anthony Lui appears to be dubious about this.
He just responded to a query from wur very ain GlasgowChivas on Twitter
@noallegiances SWORDS sleeve on E-Bay already? http://www.morrissey-solo.com/
41 minutes ago from web in reply to noallegiances
with
@GlasgowChivas I hope not!
6 minutes ago from Tweetie in reply to GlasgowChivas

I was just coming here to post this; beaten as always by Joe Frady - even with my own info! :(

Given that the pic that Antony accidentally showed was from the same session as the one now being touted as the cover I believe that this is real cover.

The shot of Moz leaning towards the camera, arm draped over a branch was Antony's favoured shot but not Moz's by all accounts.

I don't know what to think - I don't particuarly like this cover - esp. as there has been some stunning shots of 2009 Moz that could have been used - I'm thinking of the Coachaella shot of him looking ike he's gonna do a murder.

This one.....it looks like he's just trumped.

Anyway, I'm hoping that this leak - if true - doesn't lead to further dispute between NoAllegiances and Camp Moz - after the edit of Antony's site last time I had the feeling that control freak Moz was unhappy. Time will tell.

Awful cover; like it's november spawned a monster video after the nuclear winter.
How he can let stuff go out like that is beyond me.
Unless it's not real. But after all those dreadful Quarry sleeves, who knows?

dreadul. Moz looks miserable and pissed off.
the kind of cover that would really put off the floating voters.
Moz has really unpleasant expressions on his face in more and more photos these days.
is his face becoming as mean as his life has been?

That photo is from earlier this year - I'm pretty sure Hot Press used it in their last Morrissey cover feature (not on cover but inside?). So it's an old press shot?

I have to agree that it's not very striking and I'm surprised he's approved it because it's the worst cover portrait since the original Maladjusted (the one where he said he looked as if he'd been crying on the toilet all day).

Awful cover; like it's november spawned a monster video after the nuclear winter.

:lbf:

Yeah this is pretty bad. Aside from it not being a flattering photo (which is really Morrissey's problem not ours) it's just plain boring. Whatever happened to a little bit of fun and intelligence in the artwork? Even the Quarry sleeves look like masterpieces compared to this. It worries me that Morrissey is getting so complacent about something he used to care about so much and I can't help but think this lack of effort is starting to show in other parts of his output.

Back
Top Bottom