Swords Cover Art?

Hot off the presses, here's the covers for the standard CD release and the deluxe 2 disc release of "Swords".

You saw it here first, alright?

Standard CD release:

Moz1.jpg

Deluxe 2 disc release:

Moz654.jpg

Cheers. Take care. ;)

Ohh God.. it's grotesque.
I don't believe that's real. They're worst than the official cover - that I like, to be honest.

I actually like the cover. He survives the destruction that has recently engulfed his surroundings. But as you know, as long as he's on the cover, I'm happy. I understand why some people don't like it. (Yes, I suppose I do expect Michael Scofield and the Prison Break gang to show up in the shot any second to plan their next move.)

They should really get Di to take care of these things (Di, I nabbed this from your Flickr account - I totally would have done it up album-cover like, but I'm not getting photoshop until next week.):

2092154662_d3ca2ac560.jpg

Would be great if someone would put up an online petition to Moz with this pic (or a current reenactment) of di's wonderful design.

It's got panache, bravado and frink, so instantly mozesque

(Can't be bovvered about language today, sorry)

Nobody else in the world will give as much thought to the cover of Swords as the people in this thread have. Literally.

I think the people in this thread have already given more thought to the Swords cover than Morrissey did. Literally.

Ten pages of 'em right here. ;-)

I'm just saying that the cover is really of little consequence; I'm not overly fond of it but I don't think it's truly awful, and I just don't think it matters that much. I especially disagree with the idea that this is somehow representative of Morrissey's "decline"; this was an idea expressed a lot on the Solo homepage (surprise surprise). There's no basis for that. The songs on this collection are some of his finest in a decade (and I have a very generous view of his 2000s work), and this cover strikes an atmospheric mood, is a fine photograph in terms of quality, and while not as engaging as early sleeves, is by no means shoddy (except for the font, which is).

Congratulations. While trying to make a case for the swords sleeve being good you actually made a case for why it isn't.

Art work is not a top priority for Moz these days. I suppose you could say if he isn't too worried about it why should we be? And I guess if cover art was never a big deal for the Smiths or Morrissey then we wouldn't hold him to such high standards but it was so naturally we still do. But of course those of us who have no taste in cover art won't mind at all. Lol you know who you are :)

Not that there hasn't been a few decent glimpses like......um....ah Skull maybe? I think this latest Swords cover and the even worse tour poster is the nail in the coffin as far as cover art goes.

I actually think it's time Moz let some fan design the next with a drawing. there are beautiful ones, right here at Solo.

Thats worse then the malajusted cover, which I didnt think was possible

Back
Top Bottom