Stephen Street

new and interesting message on Stephen Street's website.
(sorry if this has been posted before)

02 February 2009 Thanks for the feedback!

Hi All,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the positive feedback you have sent me! I still have not had any news/media release arranged about the site but you have managed to find out about it anyway!

I think my old friend Lloyd Cole mentioned the site on his web site and it has just blossomed from there! Suddenly on the 23rd January I had a whole handful of feedback and it has kept going since then. Paul Mulvey at Output Design (who designed this site) tells me that by the 28th January we have had close to 3800 visits!

I noticed that some people had come to this site via a posting on the 'Morrissey Solo' site and I navigated to the site to see if there were any comments. One or two people commented that they found the printing of his letter in the 'Viva Hate' songbook to be a little 'creepy'. I can only say that I thought long and hard about scanning the letter for inclusion. The reason I went ahead was for various points; firstly there was nothing particularly 'personal' in the letter which I think Morrissey could be embarrassed by. Secondly, I think it's quite a historical moment in the life of Morrissey when he finally makes the brave decision to leave the Smiths behind and start his solo career and as such, I thought it was a moment worth sharing with his fans. I also wanted to put the record straight about the fact it was me and NOT Vini Reilly who wrote the songs that went on to become 'Viva Hate'.

I'd also like to say that I hope you don't think I'm being an opportunist in posting the Blur footage in light of their reforming. When Paul Mulvey and I started planning this site in the Autumn of last year, the Blur reformation had not even been announced.

Last edited:
I still don't think you should publish someone's letters without their permission, personal or not.

I still don't think you should publish someone's letters without their permission, personal or not.

i can see both sides of it i suppose but my opinion is that he didn't really do anything wrong. it wasn't personal so i think it's fine.

Tags
stephen street
Back
Top Bottom