Should Morrissey add cover tunes to his live shows ?

how can you not love "like a surgeon" and "fat?" actually, his latest hit "white and nerdy" is an instant classic, IMO. :D

* Shields self from possible onslaught of who knows what *

A Confession if you will , I've actually seen Al in concert 4 times
and it was pretty damn entertaining

edit: looked at the other cover tune thread. How could I forget, "the loop" and "that's entertainment"? Both of those are great, too.

Erm, "The Loop" isn't a cover, is it?

If you ask me, he could always intersperse his live shows with one or two unexpected cover versions. I absolutely liked his version of Roxy Music's "Street Life" last year, although he probably won't play it again.

"Redondo Beach" was quite a surprise, it's soo un-Morrissey.

You say "if Morrissey was to take up the habit" which suggests you are ignorant of the fact that he does this already.

'ignorant' is probably a little strong, unaware would have been better placed in that sentence. Ignorant just seems a bit too dramatic considering the subject matter.

'ignorant' is probably a little strong, unaware would have been better placed in that sentence. Ignorant just seems a bit too dramatic considering the subject matter.

yes , but its ok , we know Dave is a bit melodramatic @ times

Don't you think that the 15 minutes a day the orderlies at the institution allow you to use a computer could be better spent on something more productive than stalking me and/or my posts ?

PS : Don't PM me anymore , i have enough fanboys

No One Can Hold A Candle To You and That's Entertainment....

DEFITINITELY NOT these...
Moon River or Interlude...

What songs should Morrissey cover?

I would be interested in hearing Morrissey covers of:

Heart of Gold - Neil Young
Long Black Veil - Traditional Irish - Most people think its a Cash song but its the Chieftans I believe.
Miss Misery or Between the Bars by Elliott Smith

I would be curious to see what he could do with those.

Re: What songs should Morrissey cover?

"I Started a Joke"-Bee Gees

I know the BeeGees arent that great, but really, their early stuff is quite lovely, and "I Started a Joke" IS a Morrissey song, from the lyrics to the tune itself!

PsychodelicateGirl Re: What songs should Morrissey cover?

"I Started a Joke"-Bee Gees

I know the BeeGees arent that great, but really, their early stuff is quite lovely, and "I Started a Joke" IS a Morrissey song, from the lyrics to the tune itself!

That would actually be a nice tune for MOZ to perform............

Fire and Rain by James Taylor, then.

I'm surpised he hasn't done a cover of Sinatra or Elvis...being that he is a fan and all

I'm surpised he hasn't done a cover of Sinatra or Elvis...being that he is a fan and all

Marie's The Name?

There's Always Something There To Remind Me-Sandie Shaw

Back
Top Bottom