Screw Hollywood! High Fidelity sucks,.

G

greasetea

I am a big fan of Nick Hornby's work and in the book "High Fidelity" there are a few Smith's references. In the motion picture, he's a Springsteen fan. Kill Hollywood!

Re: You idiot

> I am a big fan of Nick Hornby's work and in the book "High
> Fidelity" there are a few Smith's references. In the motion
> picture, he's a Springsteen fan. Kill Hollywood!

Did you even read the book or are you just going on talk around here of the Smiths references? He loved Springsteen in the book too so why is it a surprise? Oh yes, Springsteen... quintessential insincere and untalented garbage . Exactly the opposite of course. I don't care if you don't like Springsteen but if you can't respect the man, you are a bigger frenetic crackpot than I originally thought.

Go ahead, hit me with some of that greasetea babble.

Re: You idiot, did you see the movie? no, then shut up!

Wait till you see the flick to see what i am saying you asshole!

> I am a big fan of Nick Hornby's work and in the book "High
> Fidelity" there are a few Smith's references. In the motion
> picture, he's a Springsteen fan. Kill Hollywood!

Yeah, I'm a fan of Hornby's as well, and Hollywood's FIRST mistake was setting it in CHICAGO, of all places! It's so very English!! What were they thinking??? A friend of mine saw an advance screening of it and said, though it was "OK," it just lost its charm. I'll have to reserve my judgement until I actually see it.

Re: You idiot, did you see the movie? no, then shut up!

Shut up greastea. Beeatch put you in your place. Deal with it.

> Yeah, I'm a fan of Hornby's as well, and Hollywood's FIRST
> mistake was setting it in CHICAGO, of all places! It's so very
> English!! What were they thinking??? A friend of mine saw an
> advance screening of it and said, though it was "OK,"
> it just lost its charm. I'll have to reserve my judgement until
> I actually see it.

I don't see any problem with setting it in Chicago. The type of people in the novel exist in America too.

> I don't see any problem with setting it in Chicago. The type of
> people in the novel exist in America too.

It's not that a story like this couldn't take place in America - it's just that the novel is very "British," if you will - different sense of humor, different musical/social references, etc. I mean, they may as well have made a movie with a similar plot, but called it something different.

> It's not that a story like this couldn't take place in America -
> it's just that the novel is very "British," if you
> will - different sense of humor, different musical/social
> references, etc. I mean, they may as well have made a movie with
> a similar plot, but called it something different.

We'll have to see how good the movie is. I'm looking forward to it.
Remember that a movie based on a novel shouldn't be judged by how faithful it is to it's source material. It should be judged as an independant work of art.

I have to admit that I didn't even know that it was a novel, but Hollywood probably wanted to bring the kiddies in so they took it out of Britain and put it in Chicago. But still, there are worse places in America to set the film in other than Chicago.

Don't judge the city too sharply. Remember 'Pretty In Pink' and 'Ferris Buehlers (SP) Day Off?' Good films set in Chicago.

Kerissa, please tell me you're joking! If this is your idea of good films, GET OFF THE BOARD!!!

Re: I Wasn't Taking a Dig at Chicago!

> :|
Dear Lifeguard Sleeping,

I'm girl_drowning.
Nice to finally meet the man who had such a busy day...

love
g_d
Akasha

Back
Top Bottom