Life sucks!

M

Mimi

I'm depressed and I have a million reasons for it. But you don't want to know about it..... Just spare me half a minute and tell me something nice. Something positive. One good reason or maybe more why it's worth holding on to this pathetic little life which is all about chasing dreams and failing to ever catch them.

And you may well include Morrissey in it because to my unlimited shock this special cure-all doesn't work for me at the moment. And that's when being depressed isn't funny anymore....

> tell me something nice. Something positive.

Sunshine, bright lights, good books, or good music.
Revisit an old video,or an old friend.
Life is great when you can filter out the crap.

Give life a good kick in the nuts

Whoa Whoa Whoa, it's a saturday (night in Germany now), so why can't you go out on the town and find some poor boy that you can kick in the gonads right now. Or make some poor boy want to cheat on his girl for you
There's always something that's worth doing. Call Jeni and hang out. Put your songs on the net. Do something but don't be depressed. I'm going extra lengths for this moz autograph.
Hell, do some prank calling if it's boring right now.
"Hello, I'm looking for a mr jacque strap.."

Re: Bet you don't feel as pants as I do?!

I'm unutterably tired, cold, worried, subdued, disheartened, disillusioned and more than a little disgusted...to name just a few things.

I'm tired of being tired, I had a really horrible medication muck up yesterday (courtesy of my crap backwards villiage mentality surgery) and have been in pain and discomfort all day...and that after last night's pathetic near laughable awfulness...so my parents get back from being out to find me in a pathetic heap not making much sense so my saturday evening has involved the emergency doctor and a 15 mile hike round to the only bloody chemist open in the northern hemisphere...(btw, why won't my brain do what it should on it's own?)

Conclusion - I hate life, I like myself even less, I hate nearly all of the things that are happening around me, I have near lost all faith in human kind. Everything I touch seems to turn bad, out of the blue for no reason at all...and why do so many people expend more effort making things ungood that good?

So why do I bother? Because I'm too much of a coward to do anything else about it!

And why does being nice to people make them hate you?!

Re: Give life a good kick in the nuts

> Whoa Whoa Whoa, it's a saturday (night in Germany now), so why
> can't you go out on the town and find some poor boy that you can
> kick in the gonads right now. Or make some poor boy want to
> cheat on his girl for you

I tried that last night and it kind of backfired..... The sad thing is that these things don't help like they used to either. It was good when I was 16 but now I'm getting too old...

> There's always something that's worth doing. Call Jeni and hang
> out.

Jeni's depressed herself! If we get together we're just gonna end up crying and then jumping off the next building hand in hand!

Put your songs on the net.

Noone wants to hear them!

Do something but don't be
> depressed. I'm going extra lengths for this moz autograph.

OH that raises half a smile. But I don't think you'll be lucky, cos Morrissey is out to make my life even more miserable. (Paranoid? Moi?)

> Hell, do some prank calling if it's boring right now.
> "Hello, I'm looking for a mr jacque strap.."

Oh thanks dear I appreciate your effort. I'll be back in form in no time. God you'll cheer when you get that letter, I put in a little present for you y'know? :)

Re: :-(

> I'm unutterably tired, cold, worried, subdued, disheartened,
> disillusioned and more than a little disgusted...to name just a
> few things.

> I'm tired of being tired, I had a really horrible medication
> muck up yesterday (courtesy of my crap backwards villiage
> mentality surgery) and have been in pain and discomfort all
> day...and that after last night's pathetic near laughable
> awfulness...so my parents get back from being out to find me in
> a pathetic heap not making much sense so my saturday evening has
> involved the emergency doctor and a 15 mile hike round to the
> only bloody chemist open in the northern hemisphere...(btw, why
> won't my brain do what it should on it's own?)

> Conclusion - I hate life, I like myself even less, I hate nearly
> all of the things that are happening around me, I have near lost
> all faith in human kind. Everything I touch seems to turn bad,
> out of the blue for no reason at all...and why do so many people
> expend more effort making things ungood that good?

> So why do I bother? Because I'm too much of a coward to do
> anything else about it!

> And why does being nice to people make them hate you?!

Thank God this isn't a race as to who feels more miserable because I admit you're tough competition. Let's just say we're even, ok??

I wish I lived nearer where you are, hey we could take in loads of alcohol and then take turns in recycling it headfirst in the toilet!! Wouldn't that be fun? I'm actually on the way up..... Not that anything in my life is brighter or better than this morning, but I'm slowly winning my pride and dignity back.

I don't know why but life seems to suck more and more the older I get - remember how we talked about that we both never wanted to grow up knowing that life gets terribly complicated the older you get? God were we smart and visionary or what??

I'm gonna shoot myself on my 30th birthday. Yeah, good plan.

Re: Life Sucks (or Angel, Angel, Up We Go Together)

> I'm depressed and I have a million reasons for it. But you don't
> want to know about it..... Just spare me half a minute and tell
> me something nice. Something positive. One good reason or maybe
> more why it's worth holding on to this pathetic little life
> which is all about chasing dreams and failing to ever catch
> them.

because you're a singer-songwriter, right? so hold on, keep chasing your dreams because YOU WILL catch them, we want to hear your songs and the world just won't be right without them.

i've been depressed a lot. the world is a harsh place, many people are mean and wholly self-involved, there's always someone somewhere with a small brain who thinks they know, i compare my life to the lives i see around me and sometimes feel worse...but the fact is not everyone fails to catch their dreams. the world as it is wants to make us think we never will, that we're locked forever into the life we have but it just isn't true.

> And you may well include Morrissey in it because to my unlimited
> shock this special cure-all doesn't work for me at the moment.
> And that's when being depressed isn't funny anymore....

but being depressed is usually not funny...however, just think of all the depressingly droll lyrics morrissey has written...

> because you're a singer-songwriter, right? so hold on, keep
> chasing your dreams because YOU WILL catch them, we want to hear
> your songs and the world just won't be right without them.

See that's what I kept telling myself for so long....the thing is that all this chasing has drained me recently because I've had too much of being shown to the door because my music isn't commercial enough. And if music is all I want to do and they won't let me, where does that leave me??

> i've been depressed a lot. the world is a harsh place, many
> people are mean and wholly self-involved, there's always someone
> somewhere with a small brain who thinks they know, i compare my
> life to the lives i see around me and sometimes feel worse...but
> the fact is not everyone fails to catch their dreams. the world
> as it is wants to make us think we never will, that we're locked
> forever into the life we have but it just isn't true.

This rings very true and understanding..... my problem right now is that I KNOW all these things but I can't FEEL them, you know?? I'm blessed with so many things and I have really great people around me, which brings up the question for me why didn't I make more of that by now?? Why am I such a damn weirdo that can't handle the simplest things in life??

> but being depressed is usually not funny...however, just think
> of all the depressingly droll lyrics morrissey has written...

Morrissey used to heal even the deepest wounds and the fact that it doesn't work at the moment is really really worrying because it leaves me with nothing at all to pick myself up.... Seriously, just a while ago I'd put on a record and I'd laugh my depression off because the lyrics would make me feel like I'm leading a simple life really. But now they just remind me of what's going wrong.

And you wouldn't believe how pathetic I feel babbling about all this on a public website (right now I'm tapping my head going HELLOOOOO!). But I can't speak to friends or family right now because the one thing that would make me feel even worse is knowing that someone I love worries about me..... so this is somewhere between intimate and anonymous. So thanks to you also.

> Sunshine, bright lights, good books, or good music.
> Revisit an old video,or an old friend.
> Life is great when you can filter out the crap.

Yeah a little sunshine would be nice.....I could do with a long term holiday. It sounds very simple when you say all that, and it actually is, isn't it? See I don't know what's going on with myself. I just feel pathetic and sad, sad, sad.

Re: I'm so miserable I could die.

Oh but plans can fall through and so often they do...

Yeah getting together and drinking until we are ill sounds like a helluva good idea! I mean at least we will be able to smile about it afterwards (isn't that the best thing about embarassing yourself?)...although I'm not happy I got drunk last night, but then maybe that was because of the company? No not maybe, definitely because of the godawful company...

but life sucks like a sucking thing and I'm tired of getting the fuzzy end of the lollypop...and why do bad things all come along together?!

I'm tired of my rotten luck...I want a refund!

> See that's what I kept telling myself for so long....the thing
> is that all this chasing has drained me recently because I've
> had too much of being shown to the door because my music isn't
> commercial enough.

i know that hurts. these blasted record companies, what do they want, clones of britney and christina to file into their office one after the other?

> And if music is all I want to do and they won't let me, where does
> that leave me??

it leaves you still doing music because that's what you were born to do, whether they say you are commercial enough or not, one day a door will open to you. i know it probably doesn't help to say this but, i believe it's true...!

> Morrissey used to heal even the deepest wounds and the fact that
> it doesn't work at the moment is really really worrying because
> it leaves me with nothing at all to pick myself up....
> Seriously, just a while ago I'd put on a record and I'd laugh my
> depression off because the lyrics would make me feel like I'm
> leading a simple life really. But now they just remind me of
> what's going wrong.

he doesn't help my depressions either, usually i have to take massive vitamin b and omegabrite, etc. but he does still make me laugh when i'm sad.

> And you wouldn't believe how pathetic I feel babbling about all
> this on a public website (right now I'm tapping my head going
> HELLOOOOO!). But I can't speak to friends or family right now
> because the one thing that would make me feel even worse is
> knowing that someone I love worries about me..... so this is
> somewhere between intimate and anonymous. So thanks to you also.

but you are a really strong and smart person because instead of holding it all in you reached out to people. this keeps the downward spiral at bay.

> This rings very true and understanding..... my problem right now
> is that I KNOW all these things but I can't FEEL them, you
> know?? I'm blessed with so many things and I have really great
> people around me, which brings up the question for me why didn't
> I make more of that by now?? Why am I such a damn weirdo that
> can't handle the simplest things in life??

If you're weird then so am I and to be honest that's not very comforting right now is it?!

> And you wouldn't believe how pathetic I feel babbling about all
> this on a public website (right now I'm tapping my head going
> HELLOOOOO!). But I can't speak to friends or family right now
> because the one thing that would make me feel even worse is
> knowing that someone I love worries about me..... so this is
> somewhere between intimate and anonymous. So thanks to you also.

A-hem could you not state my feelings so accurately dear!!! It's like ice on your heart and all of the air leaves the room...I feel like I'm drowning.

Re: I need peace!!

> If you're weird then so am I and to be honest that's not very
> comforting right now is it?!

> A-hem could you not state my feelings so accurately dear!!! It's
> like ice on your heart and all of the air leaves the room...I
> feel like I'm drowning.

I'm sorry luv..... I promise I'll get back to you tomorrow but tonight I just wouldn't know what to say that'd comfort you. I'm off to bed now and I hope I can sleep and I won't be hauted by spirits of the past.... You sleep well yourself darling and speak to you tomorrow.

Sniff, sniff :-(

Re: I like the quiet.

> I'm sorry luv..... I promise I'll get back to you tomorrow but
> tonight I just wouldn't know what to say that'd comfort you. I'm
> off to bed now and I hope I can sleep and I won't be hauted by
> spirits of the past.... You sleep well yourself darling and
> speak to you tomorrow.

> Sniff, sniff :-(

sleep well, I know I will (I always do!) yeah we'll speak soon about really silly things and laugh at even sillier ones...

I'm going to get very drunk, which is the worst thing possible for me, and I'm only going to stop when I pass out, and hopefully in the morning I'll reeeeaaaaly regret it (but i'll be sooooo unwell that I won't think about idiots)

I know what I want, and that's funny to me!

Well, Mimi, you are German, aren`t you?

I am brazilian and I am a little bit a German descendant - I am trying to learn German and I really like the language, and I`m sure I would like to know your Country.

I wish I could try to write someday to you in German, or asking you questions about this difficult language, that I like so much (I am hearing some lieder from Schubert just now - I like the songs and the language)

I know you are depressing now and I was like that so many times that it`s difficult to me to remember. When I was depressed pratically nothing consoled me - I tried to be better, but this was worthless. So I know that the things I tell you won`t be necessarily interesting.

Anyway, I think life is worthwhile. Things may be better, believe me.

I am better today - I`ve neve believed that this could happen one day.

And there are always some songs that may make you happier - as Schubert or Snoop Dogg or Morrissey songs make me always better.

And I have a councel to give you: don`t lie to yourself - if you are depressed, be depressed and recognize it to yourself. This way you can fight against what you feel - I was always depressed and and tried to say to myself I wasn`t. I suffered too much because of it.

And finally, if you want to tell me your problems, I am ready for it.

Re: What the hell?!

Ok you're depressed we hear that, but do you really have to depress me?

I stumble across this board and I think, hey cool, Morrissey info, what's that guy upto these days? BUT NOW I'm thinking of turning to the Gin girls......

Snap outta it, try crack or prostitution or something, anything, but for the love of god can you stop with late night maudline persuasion??!?!?!

Is Morrissey not dead yet...he's going to have to get a shift on if he's going to make that good looking corpse thing....aww c'mon nobody remembers the old fatties...look at marlon brando, staying alive...yeesh bad career move lardycake.

I'm so lonesome I could die.

WENT OUT LAST NIGHT!!

NEARLY DRANK MYSELF TO DEATH

CAME HOME ON MY OWN,FEEL LIKE @#!!!,JUST GOT SICK

HANK WILLIAMS IS PLAYING IN MY EAR TEASING ME ;0/

> Yeah getting together and drinking until we are ill sounds like
> a helluva good idea! I mean at least we will be able to smile
> about it afterwards (isn't that the best thing about embarassing
> yourself?)...although I'm not happy I got drunk last night, but
> then maybe that was because of the company? No not maybe,
> definitely because of the godawful company...

> but life sucks like a sucking thing and I'm tired of getting the
> fuzzy end of the lollypop...and why do bad things all come along
> together?!

> I'm tired of my rotten luck...I want a refund!

Re: laughing...

Welcome to happy hour everyone!

Don't forget to collect your complimentary razor at the door. And remember don't mark the carpet somebody else could make use of it...so have some consideration.

23 years 7 months of this life and I'm snappin'.

Re: laughing...

25 years of looking in the mirror and thinking

i wish you would leave me alone ;o)

> Welcome to happy hour everyone!

> Don't forget to collect your complimentary razor at the door.
> And remember don't mark the carpet somebody else could make use
> of it...so have some consideration.

> 23 years 7 months of this life and I'm snappin'.

Back
Top Bottom