richard gower does not like morrissey - official!

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
a friend of mine was painting the legendary richard gowers (former lead singer of racey)http://www.raceyweb.com/discography.htm dining room ceiling when the conversation turned to musical taste .
apparently richard claimed morrissey to be "not my cup of tea" so there you have it guys.

a friend of mine was painting the legendary richard gowers (former lead singer of racey)http://www.raceyweb.com/discography.htm dining room ceiling when the conversation turned to musical taste .
apparently richard claimed morrissey to be "not my cup of tea" so there you have it guys.

Are you mucking about? Racey were not legends, or even very good. 'some girls' is good bubble gum rock and roll though.

I hate to say this but (i hope you are all sitting down) not everybody likes Morrissey, come to think of it there are people out there that really hate this wonderful, amazing poetic genius. I know they are poor misguided souls and eventually they will convert, all it takes is a little time :)

I hate to say this but (i hope you are all sitting down) not everybody likes Morrissey, come to think of it there are people out there that really hate this wonderful, amazing poetic genius. I know they are poor misguided souls and eventually they will convert, all it takes is a little time :)

I've worked hard on my BF in this field for many YEARS, to no avail so far, he still passionately hates Moz. The ignorant, jealous sock!

your faith is quite lovely:)
I've worked hard on my BF in this field for many YEARS, to no avail so far, he still passionately hates Moz. The ignorant, jealous sock!
a jealous sock????lol why is he a sock???

and on second thoughts who the bloody hell are "racy" & richard gower?

Are you mucking about? Racey were not legends, or even very good. 'some girls' is good bubble gum rock and roll though.

how can you say racey were not legends! second only in my eyes to the ultimate kings of rock n roll "showaddywaddy" .
if only a band like the beatles had contributed a fraction of what richard gower has over the years music may sound very differently today!
john lennon could never have penned "runaround sue" he just wasnt talented enough -" walkaround yoko "just wouldnt have had the same effect!

Racey- aahh there's a blast from the past! some girls will and some girls wont!
anyway i'm afraid no matter how enthusiastic and manic i am about morrissey to some people they cant be bothered to listen to me. what!!
I have tried and tried to convince some of my 'friends' what a genious he is and how brilliant the lyrics are, 'as the flames rose to her roman nose and the walkman started to melt(big mouth joan of arc)
they look at me like I am the crazy one!!

Hehe, I'm glad this issue has been cleared up, as I've not been able to sleep for weeks! I can rest easily now ;)

The nice thing about hearing that people don't like Moz is that it means that there is more of him just for us and our greedy paws! Seriously, it's hard enough to get tickets at times now, imagine if he was like Timberlake or Springsteen or something?

Add me to the "Who were Racey?" camp by the way...

how can you say racey were not legends! second only in my eyes to the ultimate kings of rock n roll "showaddywaddy" .
if only a band like the beatles had contributed a fraction of what richard gower has over the years music may sound very differently today!
john lennon could never have penned "runaround sue" he just wasnt talented enough -" walkaround yoko "just wouldnt have had the same effect!

;) :D :D

Hehe, I'm glad this issue has been cleared up, as I've not been able to sleep for weeks! I can rest easily now ;)

The nice thing about hearing that people don't like Moz is that it means that there is more of him just for us and our greedy paws! Seriously, it's hard enough to get tickets at times now, imagine if he was like Timberlake or Springsteen or something?
I don't know anybody who likes Timberlake or Springsteen (although it's weird mentioning them in the same sentence, as if they're similar). Well, actually, I do know one poster on nme.com forum who likes Springsteen and a few other posters on another forum who like him. They were aware of how many people dislike him without even heard more than a few songs by him, and the guy on the nme forum believes that people are prejudiced against him because of "Born in the USA" and that the meaning of that song was misconstructed. He might be right, maybe I should give Springsteen a chance one day. But in any case, Springsteen is hardly an example of someone who is universally liked. You might say that, unlike Morrissey, Springsteen is considered very uncool within people I communicate with (you might call them the 'indie'/'alternative' crowds). On the other hand, I know lots of Morrissey fans and I know quite a few Morrissey haters, but he's definitely never ignored like Springsteen is. I suppose it all depends on which socio-(sub)cultural circles you're considering, no doubt there are those where Justin Timberlake is hugely popular, and those where Springsteen is hugely popular. Bottom line, 1) Morrissey is hardly an obscure and neglected artist and 2) there is not and never will be a single person in the world who's liked by everyone. So somebody dislikes Morrissey. Big deal.

Add me to the "Who were Racey?" camp by the way...
Really, who were they? :confused:

I was just trying to think of acts who are known for selling out venues fast, and Timberlake & Springsteen were the first two who sprung to mind. Perhaps if I had given it more thought I would have mentioned the Rolling Stones, Shayne Ward or Elton John or somebody else? Wasn't getting into the sociological commentary of fandom at all ;)

As for Racey, I've just read this and they still mean nothing to me - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racey

...they never even blipped on my radar!

Back
Top Bottom