Morrissey Central "Regrets." (July 11, 2023)

IMG_9033.jpeg

“I had booked Windmill Lane Studios in Dublin … I had booked the band, and Tony Visconti … and suddenly a message came through to have dinner with Prince that very night at The Clarence in Dublin. I couldn’t go. I felt sick. It was my only chance. I thought I’d have another … but so soon the living are dead. Prince … I am so sorry.”
-Morrissey.

Last edited:
I just don’t buy that thesis. Just because you do most of the work yourself doesn’t mean the end product is automatically better or that you are the superior talent. Besides, Michael wrote and produced most of the songs, arranged all of them, did his own backing vocals, choreographed the videos, produced or co-produced the albums.

I didn’t say the end product was better.

you just don’t get it. It takes talent to do it on your own. Michael didn’t have that talent. Prince DID.

So in that regard
, yes Prince is the superior talent.

without his team Michael wouldn’t have created those albums that he is still known for today. But yes, it goes without saying the exceptional talent and skills Michael did have.

Michael wrote and produced most of the songs, arranged all of them, did his own backing vocals, choreographed the videos, produced or co-produced the albums.

JFC. Don’t you know why Quincy Jones’s name is on those albums? And let’s not forget the legendary Bruce Swedien who recorded, engineered and helped mix 3 of Michael’s most successful albums. Not to mention the long ass list of professional musicians and session men that contributed to those albums that made Michael a household name.

Here’s some info on Bruce and a little deep dive into how those records were made … you may start to appreciate Michael’s winning team ….

I didn’t say the end product was better.

you just don’t get it. It takes talent to do it on your own. Michael didn’t have that talent. Prince DID.

So in that regard
, yes Prince is the superior talent.

without his team Michael wouldn’t have created those albums that he is still known for today. But yes, it goes without saying the exceptional talent and skills Michael did have.

JFC. Don’t you know why Quincy Jones’s name is on those albums? And let’s not forget the legendary Bruce Swedien who recorded, engineered and helped mix 3 of Michael’s most successful albums. Not to mention the long ass list of professional musicians and session men that contributed to those albums that made Michael a household name.

Here’s some info on Bruce and a little deep dive into how those records were made … you may start to appreciate Michael’s winning team ….

Dear Lord, you of all people don’t have to educate me on Michael Jackson. You should however acknowledge that Michael was a co-producer on the albums he made with Quincy. And that he arranged the songs. And he always made sure to give lots of credit to both Q and Bruce. He knew.

I’m sure Michael could have done it all himself, just like Prince. He could play several instruments, he produced, he was a songwriter and composer. I guess he just acknowledged the importance of working with brilliant people in order to create classic albums and not patchy ones like, you know, Prince.

Dear Lord, you of all people don’t have to educate me on Michael Jackson. You should however acknowledge that Michael was a co-producer on the albums he made with Quincy. And that he arranged the songs. And he always made sure to give lots of credit to both Q and Bruce. He knew.

I’m sure Michael could have done it all himself, just like Prince. He could play several instruments, he produced, he was a songwriter and composer. I guess he just acknowledged the importance of working with brilliant people in order to create classic albums and not patchy ones like, you know, Prince.

you just do your homework. ‘Q and Bruce’ Lol! You probably didn’t even know who Quincy Jones was, never mind Bruce Swedien, before my post to you.

BEAT IT !

you just do your homework. ‘Q and Bruce’ Lol! You probably didn’t even know who Quincy Jones was, never mind Bruce Swedien, before my post to you.

BEAT IT !
What an awful, awful reply to my post. Instead of debating you resort to master suppression techniques and ridicule. You’re obviously very upset, but you needn’t be. I’ve been a Michael fan since 1995, but nice try. Also, it’s endearing that you think that knowing about Michael’s collaborations with Bruce Swedien and Quincy Jones isn’t standard pop music knowledge. I also know about George Martin, Dr Dre and Phil Spector!! 😍

What an awful, awful reply to my post. Instead of debating you resort to master suppression techniques and ridicule. You’re obviously very upset, but you needn’t be. I’ve been a Michael fan since 1995, but nice try. Also, it’s endearing that you think that knowing about Michael’s collaborations with Bruce Swedien and Quincy Jones isn’t standard pop music knowledge. I also know about George Martin, Dr Dre and Phil Spector!! 😍

Still babbling on? :lbf:

Listen here, you don’t wanna be startin' somethin' with me! Do your homework, so you’ll appreciate the real talent behind those Jackson records. And sorry to break it to you, it’s not all Michael.

You probably still think Smelly invented the moonwalk! Lol

Okay guys but the best performance EVER was nicky wire when the manics did faster on top of the pops. Watch it!!!! You won't be able to take your eyes off of him!!! :hearteyes:

Still babbling on? :lbf:

Listen here, you don’t wanna be startin' somethin' with me! Do your homework, so you’ll appreciate the real talent behind those Jackson records. And sorry to break it to you, it’s not all Michael.

You probably still think Smelly invented the moonwalk! Lol
Has your account been hacked or are suffering from a psychotic episode? You don’t really seem like you. I’m not sure what homework I’m supposed to do. I’ve never said it was all Michael.

Not even Michael believed he invented the moonwalk! But again, it’s sweet how you think you possess some secret knowledge about pop culture.

Has your account been hacked or are suffering from a psychotic episode? You don’t really seem like you. I’m not sure what homework I’m supposed to do. I’ve never said it was all Michael.

Not even Michael believed he invented the moonwalk! But again, it’s sweet how you think you possess some secret knowledge about pop culture.
Okay guys but the best performance EVER was nicky wire when the manics did faster on top of the pops. Watch it!!!! You won't be able to take your eyes off of him!!! :hearteyes:

do your homework! tut.

;)

No way - it's always been JDB; check out Reading '92; MM crucifix chest tat, iconic White Les Paul Custom, spitting and goading the crowd - that's the shit!

No way - it's always been JDB; check out Reading '92; MM crucifix chest tat, iconic White Les Paul Custom, spitting and goading the crowd - that's the shit!
I will check that out!! I do love James too! I feel bad because they're all amazing and hot and sexy and they all deserve attention (ESPECIALLY James, because let's face it, he's insanely talented and there wouldn't be a band at all without him) but I just find it so damn hard to watch anyone else when nicky is in the picture!!!

Back
Top Bottom