Portland, OR - Theatre Of The Clouds (Sep. 30, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Suedehead / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Wish You Lonely / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Back On The Chain Gang / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by ChadBC

• YouTube footage of Morrissey’s reaction in full. Link posted by Famous when dead

Related media items:

Last edited:
Close up of incident:

Wearing t-shirt given by a fan:

That Joke...

Bit of whistling:

FWD.

If somebody tried a snowflake protest at a London Morrissey gig they wouldn't be walking out in a recognisable state. In fact they'd probably be carried out on a stretcher. On the last tour I noticed violent incidents at Brixton and particularly Ally Pally (where everyone was absolutely pissed).

I don't know about soyboy Portland, but in London we do things differently.

If somebody tried a snowflake protest at a London Morrissey gig they wouldn't be walking out in a recognisable state. In fact they'd probably be carried out on a stretcher. On the last tour I noticed violent incidents at Brixton and particualrly Ally Pally (where everyone was absolutely pissed).

050ad4bda2fe7d4735976c00f26e2b3d8b4efc-wm.jpg

Morrissey always bangs on about how free speech is dead, and how his right to free speech is always being suppressed, yet the moment anyone challenges him, he excommunicates them or ejects them from his shows? It would have been fair enough if he had security take their signs away, but stopping the show and throwing a strop until they are removed just shows he how much of a little dictator he has become. Yes, it’s his show, and he has the right to do whatever he likes at his show, but if he can’t deal with being challenged by two people with hand drawn signs, then I think he needs to reevaluate his position on ‘free speech.’ Hypocrite much, Moz?

it is professional indeed. i bet there are people who would in such a situation show their middle finger (he probably did too, once upon a time), call the protesters c***s, tits, dicks, shits, clits, fritz, pips, shnipps and phipps, you name it, stomp on the ground, yell, and then run away from the scene of conflict, and all the emotions it has triggered. that would be unprofessional, i.e. childish. moz stood his ground like a man, a real cowboy, not batting an eyelid, so that he could deliver the show for the many fans who probably came a long way to hear and see him. i can imagine that it is not easy to continue singing and relating to your fans in a relaxed way after such an incident, but he did it.

Yeah, it happened pretty early on in the show so Moz just handled it and keep on rockin'.
I've seen folks get thrown out of ballgames for havin' that were out of line.
I would have gave that gal her money back and said "now go ahead and stand on the outside with ya message."

Morrissey developed some backbone? Such a protest would have elicited a cancelled show in the past so congratulations. Can't actually see what the problem with the signs are though (unless they were blocking someone's view). If you spout hateful opinions and advocate supporting a far right party expect a reaction. Even if it is from a millennial Portland snowflake.

the protester twat::lbf:

tenor.gif

expected to land into Skinny pc at any moment.:lbf:
joining surface and the butcher in there :lbf:

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Suedehead / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Wish You Lonely / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Back On The Chain Gang / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist provided by ChadBC

• YouTube footage of Morrissey’s reaction in full. Link posted by Famous when dead

HUGE CROWD SOLD OUT SHOW!!!!:rock::rock::rock:

except for the protester puppet:

tenor.gif

from Moz show to Skinny PC:lbf:

If somebody tried a snowflake protest at a London Morrissey gig they wouldn't be walking out in a recognisable state. In fact they'd probably be carried out on a stretcher. On the last tour I noticed violent incidents at Brixton and particularly Ally Pally (where everyone was absolutely pissed).

He wont play the UK again. Unless its a chariry gig for the Tommy Yaxley-Lennon Benevolent Fund to pay for losing his deposit at the recent European elections.
Morrissey is not a fan of personal confrontation. Although he loves a bit of rough. It's all there in the history of how he treats musicians who have fallen out of favour with him. Why would he subject himself to a potentially life-threatening incident for him and/or his British fans. He even still has some that cling, hopelessly, to the old days - before he became a reactionary racist pensioner c***

Morrissey always bangs on about how free speech is dead, and how his right to free speech is always being suppressed, yet the moment anyone challenges him, he excommunicates them or ejects them from his shows? It would have been fair enough if he had security take their signs away, but stopping the show and throwing a strop until they are removed just shows he how much of a little dictator he has become. Yes, it’s his show, and he has the right to do whatever he likes at his show, but if he can’t deal with being challenged by two people with hand drawn signs, then I think he needs to reevaluate his position on ‘free speech.’ Hypocrite much, Moz?
A live gig is a place for fans. If you're not a fan you shouldn't be there - and your presence only ruins it for other people. Nobody has paid good money to watch the silly protest of an attention seeker.

[
Setlist:

GIRL AFRAID? One of the best songs ever written! Having people removed from a gig as a condition to continue would be a scandal in itself. But isn`t it a good sign THAT he continued?

He wont play the UK again. Unless its a chariry gig for the Tommy Yaxley-Lennon Benevolent Fund to pay for losing his deposit at the recent European elections.
Morrissey is not a fan of personal confrontation. Although he loves a bit of rough. It's all there in the history of how he treats musicians who have fallen out of favour with him. Why would he subject himself to a potentially life-threatening incident for him and/or his British fans. He even still has some that cling, hopelessly, to the old days - before he became a reactionary racist pensioner c***
I think Moz will play the UK again. I share one of his qualities: I'm a very stubborn person. Therefore I kind of understand him. Not playing the UK ever again is too easy.

Also, as time goes by more people are agreeing with Morrissey's observations such as "the floodgates have opened" and "England is a memory now". The press can call him a racist, but are the public still listening to them, or are they opening their own eyes?

yes he may play a 'chariry' gig in the UK.:lbf:

here is how he treated a certain cometic wigged guitar player:lbf::

tenor.gif

Oh that's utter rubbish really isn't it?
Have you seen the people who've attended his gigs? From all races. Take a look at the evidence on some of the pics/vids posted just on here. Or is it the case that you just don't want to see it, or acknowledge it?

If he was racist (which he definitely isn't) then non-whites wouldn't pay out good money, to go to his gigs would they? Good grief, take those blinkers off, they make you look a complete idiot.

All brothers & sisters, from all walks of life, love Moz.

Have you read Autobiography? Moz is a genius who was simply destined for greatness and has been sabotaged at every step by evil people who do things like leave his band, or get fired for wanting a payrise after several years, alongside his albums failing to sell because the public can't recognise the genius of a illthought out K-Tel hits compilation like The World Of Morrissey. He does think there has been a conspiracy to damage his career perpetrated by others than his own hamfisted bad judgement. Classic narcissist.

We don’t need you peter!

I would hate for Morrissey to throw me out of his concert. It would be like being dismissed by Bob Dylan or something. I bet that is lost on that woman though.
Yes, because they are both sad has beens coasting on their early genius, increasingly irrelevant but still getting by on the few that don't care about things like quality, or ability. Just that they were there and got the instagram photo to prove that they were there.

Also, I would call Morrissey a pussy for his reaction, but at least a pussy can handle a couple of dicks without falling to pieces.

I would actually protest about the state of Morrissey's hair...looks like the early days of a mullet coming along there. Is this the hairstyle of the alt-right? A tribute to 70s English footballers and Chris Waddle? It looks ridiculous. Like a silly old man with his misguided trousers....

I would actually protest about the state of Morrissey's hair...looks like the early days of a mullet coming along there. Is this the hairstyle of the alt-right? A tribute to 70s English footballers and Chris Waddle? It looks ridiculous. Like a silly old man with his misguided trousers....
Most British men at Morrissey's age don't have any hair, so I think he's doing okay.

Yes, because they are both sad has beens coasting on their early genius, increasingly irrelevant but still getting by on the few that don't care about things like quality, or ability. Just that they were there and got the instagram photo to prove that they were there.

Also, I would call Morrissey a pussy for his reaction, but at least a pussy can handle a couple of dicks without falling to pieces.
Morrissey has both quality and ability as evidenced at his recent concerts. I saw him several times last year and there is Noone near him in terms of voice or stage presence. Get your own pussy a saucer of milk.

Wow Skiddy, 14 hours on 'solo' today...long shift...is that a record? Admin?

Back
Top Bottom