Our Frank live

M

MuteWitness616

So I heard that while Morrissey performed Our Frank live, the crowd would throw him cigarettes.

Did any of you witness that or had any involvement?

His ode to St. Francis. :sweet: I don't know about the cigarettes.

Fags?
CAncer Sticks?
Ciggs, like significant other?

So I heard that while Morrissey performed Our Frank live, the crowd would throw him cigarettes.

Nah, but I remember some joker flinging a frisbee on during 'Mute Witness'. Which was quite impressive. Indicated a degree of forward planning. Not like you just had a spare frisbee that you took to the gig.

Nah, but I remember some joker flinging a frisbee on during 'Mute Witness'. Which was quite impressive. Indicated a degree of forward planning. Not like you just had a spare frisbee that you took to the gig.

I was under the impression that frisbees were issued to everyone in America at the beginning of the 90s.

Yes it happened often during the ku tour. Obvious reasons. I know at least one pic where he pretends to smoke. Never smoked for real of course. I wish he would play it again.

Ive mentioned this before but at the Liverpool empire in 91 i was right on the barrier at the front and during the lines give me a cigarette people threw loads of cigs onto the stage and someone threw what looked like a large joint,Morrissey picked up the joint and put it in his pocket,anyone else at the gig see this?

Alan

Last edited:
Ive mentioned this before but at the Liverpool empire in 91 i was right on the barrier at the front and during the lines give me a cigarette people threw loads of cigs onto the stage and someone threw what looked like a large joint,Morrissey picked up the joint and put it in his pocket,anyone else at the gig see this?

Alan

I remember the cigarettes but not the spliff. I was third row back, off to the left, so didn't have as good a view as yourself. Great gig. :guitar:

Alan

Liverpool 91 - oh, yes, my very first Morrissey gig. Remember the cigarettes but not the joint!

This was very common. There are some bootleg videos where he actually put unlit cigarettes in his mouth. I haven't watch 91 bootlegs in ages so I can't point you in the right direction.

During the line, "Give us a drink and make it quick" I was going to throw up an empty carton of Nestle's Quik but he cancelled that show and the rest of the tour. I had front row seats :(

Back
Top Bottom