'O. Children's new album linked to Smiths

G

goinghome

"...Maybe it's due to declining standards in education, but it seems that there is a shortage of literate pop acts today. Gone are the days when the likes of Morrissey would quote Oscar Wilde in an interview and expect his audience to twig what he was on about.

However O. Children could change all that. Their forthcoming debut album is a passionately intelligent work, which tackles the usual themes of love and loss as well as giving discourse on religion and more.

Speaking to ClashMusic, singer Tobi O'Kandi explained the meaning behind some of the tracks from that debut album. Referring to 'Dead Disco Danger' the singer claimed that it was the "first song I ever wrote with O. Children. I have no idea where it came from and it was always meant to be a b-side. But I really like it."

Some fans have picked up on a possible similarity to The Smiths track 'Death Of A Disco Dancer' but this is apparently coincidental. "It has nothing to do with The Smiths. I have only ever heard one song by the Smiths in my life" he said..."

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/o-children-talk-debut-lp

"It has nothing to do with The Smiths. I have only ever heard one song by the Smiths in my life" he said..."

Didn't the genius from Interpol say something similar about not knowing any of Joy Division's music? :lbf:

Back
Top Bottom