New single - "Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage"; first play on Jeremy Vine show

UPDATE Nov. 7:

Link to pre-order limited edition 7" (Dec. 8 release date) posted by an anonymous person:

Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage / You'll Be Gone (Live) - Norman Records

Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s On Stage is the second single to be taken from Morrissey's Low In High School album, his first since 2014, which is being met with a mix of excited anticipation and ambivalence. It will be backed with a live version of You’ll Be Gone. Limited edition 7” on the massive BMG label.

Now on YouTube and other streaming / download services. Link posted by Tbevie:

Also on Spotify as a single:

Jeremy Vine has announced via twitter:

1st play on his show tomorrow 12.00pm - 2.00pm

UPDATE 9:25 PM PT:

Some posts moved to the thread:

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was I just me or was the outro on the Jeremy Vine version edited down a bit?

Here are some comments from YouTube views this afternoon.
About 90% are positive - slightly higher than 'Spent the Day':
  • Another banger! That title melody is crazy. Thanks, again.

• So amazing!

• The album seems to be miles above WPINOYB thank f***

• Brilliant

• Lo amo! Espero verlo en Argentina pronto

• The drums. The guitar riff. Incredible

• Another shitty song!!!!!

• Made my day, Mozz

• Masterpiece

• Mozzer's only happy when he's up on the stage!

• Morrissey is God.

• Alain Whyte please come back!!!!!

• I make this claim, now let me explain...

• I love hearing Moz saying my name! ..This is such a great song - love it more each time I hear it..

• Best single at the moment

• Morrissey never fails to impress me. What a helluva song!

• Brilliant song!! Just praying for an "all the young people must fall in love" video

• Morrisey has an endless pool of word play. May I be fortunate as well

• Maybe Morrissey is "Jacky" and all the unhappy women he sings about.

• This is class

• Well, Morrissey, I'm only (truly) happy when I'm listening to you! :)

• Cadê os BRs fãs dessa lenda?

• Life sucks, But these songs makes life better

• More magic from the moz man

UPDATE Nov. 7:

Link to pre-order limited edition 7" (Dec. 8 release date) posted by an anonymous person:

Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage / You'll Be Gone (Live) - Norman Records

Jacky’s Only Happy When She’s On Stage is the second single to be taken from Morrissey's Low In High School album, his first since 2014, which is being met with a mix of excited anticipation and ambivalence. It will be backed with a live version of You’ll Be Gone. Limited edition 7” on the massive BMG label.

Now on YouTube and other streaming / download services. Link posted by Tbevie:

Also on Spotify as a single:

Jeremy Vine has announced via twitter:

1st play on his show tomorrow 12.00pm - 2.00pm

UPDATE 9:25 PM PT:

Some posts moved to the thread:

"Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage" - sleeve posted on @officialmoz / Twitter

41187_jackys_only_happy_sleeve.jpg

Yikes...I should be more careful when I pull up this website on my work computer. I think someone saw my screen and was wondering what I was up to....Definitely NSFW... ha!

Last edited:
Here are some comments from YouTube views this afternoon.
About 90% are positive - slightly higher than 'Spent the Day':
  • Another banger! That title melody is crazy. Thanks, again.

• So amazing!

• The album seems to be miles above WPINOYB thank f***

• Brilliant

• Lo amo! Espero verlo en Argentina pronto

• The drums. The guitar riff. Incredible

• Another shitty song!!!!!

• Made my day, Mozz

• Masterpiece

• Mozzer's only happy when he's up on the stage!

• Morrissey is God.

• Alain Whyte please come back!!!!!

• I make this claim, now let me explain...

• I love hearing Moz saying my name! ..This is such a great song - love it more each time I hear it..

• Best single at the moment

• Morrissey never fails to impress me. What a helluva song!

• Brilliant song!! Just praying for an "all the young people must fall in love" video

• Morrisey has an endless pool of word play. May I be fortunate as well

• Maybe Morrissey is "Jacky" and all the unhappy women he sings about.

• This is class

• Well, Morrissey, I'm only (truly) happy when I'm listening to you! :)

• Cadê os BRs fãs dessa lenda?

• Life sucks, But these songs makes life better

• More magic from the moz man
You missed the comment at the top with the most likes :p

I love the idea that this song is an analogy for Brexit. Jacky is the UK (Jacky as in the Union Jack), "since she lost you" is referring to the EU, "no audience telling her what to do" relates to independence and then of course the repetiton of "exit, exit" playing with the phrase "Brexit". Don't know if this is the intended meaning but the extra depth is fantastic!

another instantly forgettable offer that will be sunk in to oblivion before xmas - please get rid of this band- please
Your opinion, and you are entitled to it.

Maybe it’s the strings or the crazy breakdown at the end or just the fact it actually has a coherent narrative with no lyrical clunkers, but I actually really like this one. Definitely my favourite of the three so far.

Maybe it’s the strings or the crazy breakdown at the end or just the fact it actually has a coherent narrative with no lyrical clunkers, but I actually really like this one. Definitely my favourite of the three so far.

There are strings? Brilliant! Can't wait to hear. Are they just filling in, in the background or are there clear violin (or whatever) melodies?

I have to add, that there is more life in that young lady's left tit on the single cover than anything on the actual album cover.

I have to add, that there is more life in that young lady's left tit on the single cover than anything on the actual album cover.
I disagree. That kid is definitely moving!

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom