New Order (and JD) Thread - Because Barney and his legendary white shorts deserve nothing less

New Order sound checking for their warm up show prior to the Darker Waves Festival, so many bands I like are playing there.

6499ef33c0eb718745c65261_DW_1200x1500 (2)-p-800.png

Snippet from the Power Corruption and Lies documentary on Sky Arts, looks like someone else fount this bit as funny as I did.

Snippet from the Power Corruption and Lies documentary on Sky Arts, looks like someone else fount this bit as funny as I did.

hahahahaah

24 Apr
DSC_8935.jpg

I don’t normally post much and don’t normally post about stuff like this - but I do care about it.
Just when I thought the Conservatives couldn't get any worse, two recent news items jumped out at me. One was about them looking to raid the Personal Independence Payments of people with mental health issues, primarily depression and anxiety. What a disgusting way to cut costs, probably an attempt to recoup some of the money they wasted on ineffective personal protective equipment (PPE) during the Covid pandemic.
According to the government's own figures the Department for Health & Social Care (DHSC) lost 75% of the £12 billion it spent on PPE in the first year of the pandemic to inflated prices and kit that did not meet the required standards – including fully £4 billion of PPE that will never be used by the NHS and needs to be disposed of, ie burnt. A scandalous waste of money and, as usual, it's the sick and vulnerable who suffer for it. That figure is now £14.9 billion and the Government are claiming it as part of their investment in the NHS figures.
Secondly, let's talk about Brexit. Why is no one talking about it on the news anymore? It's very strange. In particular I wonder if the BBC are worried about funding and Channel 4 are concerned for their license to operate? I thought censorship only occurred in regimes like in Russia and China.
Last week the EU offered the UK a youth mobility scheme to allow people between the ages of 18 and 30 to study and live in the EU, effectively freedom of movement that of course the EU would expect to be reciprocated. However it’s been rejected by Rishi Sunak and, disappointingly, by Labour too. How can you do that to young people? They should enjoy the same freedom these politicians had when they were the same age.
We are enduring yet more of the same old attitude when it's been obvious for a long time now that Brexit is an abject failure. According to opinion polls 'the British people’ - to quote the Tories constant patronising justification - categorically do not want Brexit any more, so why are they all pretending everything is OK as far as ‘the British people’ are concerned when, clearly, it isn’t? There are no benefits, only downsides that so far have cost the UK economy an estimated £140 billion and then there’s Rwanda. if Brexit hadn’t happened, Rwanda wouldn't be happening.
In my opinion, the Tories should vacate the premises and Labour should get its act together and show us they have the courage required to govern effectively.

Bernard Sumner

24 Apr
DSC_8935.jpg

I don’t normally post much and don’t normally post about stuff like this - but I do care about it.
Just when I thought the Conservatives couldn't get any worse, two recent news items jumped out at me. One was about them looking to raid the Personal Independence Payments of people with mental health issues, primarily depression and anxiety. What a disgusting way to cut costs, probably an attempt to recoup some of the money they wasted on ineffective personal protective equipment (PPE) during the Covid pandemic.
According to the government's own figures the Department for Health & Social Care (DHSC) lost 75% of the £12 billion it spent on PPE in the first year of the pandemic to inflated prices and kit that did not meet the required standards – including fully £4 billion of PPE that will never be used by the NHS and needs to be disposed of, ie burnt. A scandalous waste of money and, as usual, it's the sick and vulnerable who suffer for it. That figure is now £14.9 billion and the Government are claiming it as part of their investment in the NHS figures.
Secondly, let's talk about Brexit. Why is no one talking about it on the news anymore? It's very strange. In particular I wonder if the BBC are worried about funding and Channel 4 are concerned for their license to operate? I thought censorship only occurred in regimes like in Russia and China.
Last week the EU offered the UK a youth mobility scheme to allow people between the ages of 18 and 30 to study and live in the EU, effectively freedom of movement that of course the EU would expect to be reciprocated. However it’s been rejected by Rishi Sunak and, disappointingly, by Labour too. How can you do that to young people? They should enjoy the same freedom these politicians had when they were the same age.
We are enduring yet more of the same old attitude when it's been obvious for a long time now that Brexit is an abject failure. According to opinion polls 'the British people’ - to quote the Tories constant patronising justification - categorically do not want Brexit any more, so why are they all pretending everything is OK as far as ‘the British people’ are concerned when, clearly, it isn’t? There are no benefits, only downsides that so far have cost the UK economy an estimated £140 billion and then there’s Rwanda. if Brexit hadn’t happened, Rwanda wouldn't be happening.
In my opinion, the Tories should vacate the premises and Labour should get its act together and show us they have the courage required to govern effectively.

Bernard Sumner

Yes saw that earlier today, both he and Peter care about mental health a lot (and raise a lot of money for mental health charities ) due to what they saw Ian go through.

Back
Top Bottom