New "Best of" compilation listed on Amazon - Apr 27 2018 release?

UPDATE Feb. 11:

An anonymous person posted the link:

https://wmg.jp/artist/morrissey/WPCR000026316.html

Warner Music Japan release site

UPDATE 10:30 AM PT:

Posted by guru_mosh:

According to German retailer jpc.de this will be a reissue of the "Suedehead" best of compilation.

Morrissey: Suedehead - The Best Of Morrissey (SHM-CD)(reissue) - jpc

*** Japan-Import

Amazon sites indicate a new ? Best Of Morrissey compilation for April 27, 2018.

Anyone have any details?

Link / screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-MORRISS...r_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&tag=msamzn-20

42179_best_of_amzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really disagree with the point you are making, so you don't have to concede anything. However, the challenge is too tempting. 11, just for luck

Mickey Dolenz - The MGM Singles Collection
Tony Allen - Eager Hands and Restless, the Best Of
Ringo Starr - The Very Best Of
Buddy Miles - The Best Of
Don Henley - The Very Best Of
Phil Collins - Hits
Belinda Carlisle - The Very Best Of
Tony Williams - Lifetime, The Collection
Frank Zappa - Cheap Thrills
Roger Taylor - Best
Animal - Wipeout

Phil f***ing Collins. That's right, laugh it up.

And bassists:

Paul McCartney - All the Best
John Entwistle - Anthology
Jack Bruce - At His Best
Bootsy Collins - Back in the Day, The Best of Bootsy
Sting - The Best of 25 Years
Fatboy Slim - The Fatboy Slim Collection
Bill Wyman - (Si Si) Je Suis Un Rockstar, the Very Best Of
Suzi Quatro - Legend: The Best Of
Brian Wilson - Playback
Roger Waters - Flickering Flame

Nonsense.
Okay. You can deny it all you want, but 8/10 of those Peter Hook basslines that people love so much change and fluctuate AKA "noodle" along the course of the song, there are flubbed notes, notes that didn't exist before. You can hear the lack of training in everything they did. Compare them to their contemporaries, and it's plain to hear. But I love JD, like I said.

I guess such thing means that you believe that the current band of Morrissey is "bad" and The Shaggs were also "bad", thus they would "sound like the shaggs".

You probably know the album "Better than the Beatles" with several indie-pop bands covering The Shaggs... and with no exception the songs simply respect the lyrics of the Shaggs, whilst the music is somehow quite random. As opposed to such approach, it is interesting to hear quite talented musicians who were part of the Dot Wiggin Band and decided to learn and understand what the Shaggs were doing and the logic behind it. Mike Fontanale, Laura Cromwell, Jesse Krakow and Brittany Anjou.
So it's surprising to listen to them, because they understood that there is a logic behind what was seemingly a "mess".

IF Morrissey liked the Shaggs (which I seriously doubt), it would be certainly nice to listen to a version by him of one of their songs (I would prefer "Philosophy of the World" rather than "Foot Foot")... and seeing his musicians taking a serious approach to the music. Anyway, that's day dreaming, because I do not think it is the kind of music he would choose to cover.
Did the bands see logic or a challenge? I've never been sure of that. They're a fascinating act for sure, and the story is sad and weird. I was joking about Jesse of course. If you can play music that off time deliberately, that's a challenge in and of itself.

I don't really disagree with the point you are making, so you don't have to concede anything. However, the challenge is too tempting. 11, just for luck

Mickey Dolenz - The MGM Singles Collection
Tony Allen - Eager Hands and Restless, the Best Of
Ringo Starr - The Very Best Of
Buddy Miles - The Best Of
Don Henley - The Very Best Of
Phil Collins - Hits
Belinda Carlisle - The Very Best Of
Tony Williams - Lifetime, The Collection
Frank Zappa - Cheap Thrills
Roger Taylor - Best
Animal - Wipeout

There is very little of worth on this list. And Frank Zappa was a bandleader, yes? So maybe there's hope for Mike Joyce yet.

Anyone mention Dave grohl yet
You mean "Dave and the shitty Eagles for Gen X Dads who still want to rock, but not too hard and be home by 11 because they have work tomorrow and hoo-boy, I can't wait to tell Doug at the office!"

But Paul is a twat, and the Beatles are just a sacred cow for people with misplaced nostalgia for the hippy dippy era.

That's subjective and irrelevant, although maybe his inclusion is a bit unfair being that he was co-songwriter as well. Still, he was a far better guitarist than Lennon (and a better drummer than Ringo, by certain account :lbf:). Why is he a twat?

That's subjective and irrelevant, although maybe his inclusion is a bit unfair being that he was co-songwriter as well. Still, he was a far better guitarist than Lennon (and a better drummer than Ringo, by certain account :lbf:). Why is he a twat?
Just look at 'im!

I'm just not a fan of the Beatles apart from one or two songs that I enjoy. They musically rub me the wrong way, and going from Bubblegum boy band to mushy psychedelia seemed very calculated and not very genuine. If hell exists, I'll have blue meanies shrieking googoo ga joob in my ear along with a constant background soundtrack of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band playing for all eternity.

Just look at 'im!

I'm just not a fan of the Beatles apart from one or two songs that I enjoy. They musically rub me the wrong way, and going from Bubblegum boy band to mushy psychedelia seemed very calculated and not very genuine. If hell exists, I'll have blue meanies shrieking googoo ga joob in my ear along with a constant background soundtrack of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band playing for all eternity.

The Beatles suffer from 50 years of non-stop hype, which can be hard to live up to.
Paul, though, come on.

The Beatles suffer from 50 years of non-stop hype, which can be hard to live up to.
Paul, though, come on.

Yeah, no. It's my musical Kryptonite. I understand why and how they were so popular, but it's just not my thing. If I were on a team, I'd be Team Stones all the way. They were dangerous, and sexy. They didn't want to hold your hand, that's for sure.

Yeah, no. It's my musical Kryptonite. I understand why and how they were so popular, but it's just not my thing. If I were on a team, I'd be Team Stones all the way. They were dangerous, and sexy. They didn't want to hold your hand, that's for sure.

Fair enough, I can have both. Though the Beatles, like the Smiths, ended at the right time - the Stones have gone on far too long.

Fair enough, I can have both. Though the Beatles, like the Smiths, ended at the right time - the Stones have gone on far too long.
Agreed 100%. I saw yesterday as well that Ozzy is doing a retirement tour part II after saying he was done. At a certain point, it has to be ego driven, because surely there can't be the financial incentive for many of these guys.

Agreed 100%. I saw yesterday as well that Ozzy is doing a retirement tour part II after saying he was done. At a certain point, it has to be ego driven, because surely there can't be the financial incentive for many of these guys.

there has been worse things that the ego has driven man to do. One last croak before the last big croak, what harm can it do?

not Paul's Wings... but ... WING !

or something more romantic... for that special moment with your spouse...

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom