Never encourage someone to take their own life

• Thread starter I know I'm being a bit serious but it has to be sa
  • Start date
I

I know I'm being a bit serious but it has to be sa

How do you know Andy Ison isn't serious? Could you live with that on your conscience if she was. She does no harm other than annoy people here.

Signed

Someone who empathises

Blaming yourself for someone else's suicide is giving yourself an awful lot of power.

Thats a good point, actually.

Your right actually, I'd never thought of it like that. I still don't like to see such things encouraged. Maybe i'm just at bit touchy about this, or its late or something, but I do think I have a point even if i didn't express quite correctly. But I take what you said on board and retract the statement regarding it being on peoples consciences -it was unfair of me.

It's just that we All need to take responsibility for ourselves.

Re: It's just that we All need to take responsibility for ourselves.

Your right there, I don't disagree. I know exactly what your talking about. But if someone is seriuos about talking their own lives, do you not think that maybe someone else needs to take responsibility for them for a while until they get better? I apolgise if I offended you with my initial post. It was worded a bit strongly. But can you take my point of view on board?

Why don't you go visit Andy Ison and be her special friend and save her life?

could you live with it on your conscience that you knew she was suicidal and yet sat idly by?

Send her an email and offer to be her friend.

Re: It's just that we All need to take responsibility for ourselves.

> Your right there, I don't disagree. I know exactly what your talking
> about. But if someone is seriuos about talking their own lives, do you not
> think that maybe someone else needs to take responsibility for them for a
> while until they get better? I apolgise if I offended you with my initial
> post. It was worded a bit strongly. But can you take my point of view on
> board?

If she were serious about taking her life she would've done it already.

I hate drama queens.

Tosser

---- "It's just that we All need to take responsibility for ourselves.”

What??? You mindless jerk…. What the f*** are hospitals and doctors for then??? What are baby sitters, child minders, police, firemen, ambulance people….. The list is endless. If people are ill they need help………

It’s your sort of f***ed up thinking that causes people not to stop when a child gets run over and is lying in the middle of the road. (as last week in Essex) Wanker.

Exactly. She's been saying it for years.

Re: Why don't you go visit Andy Ison and be her special friend and save her life?

> could you live with it on your conscience that you knew she was suicidal
> and yet sat idly by?

> Send her an email and offer to be her friend.

Read further down. I've already retracted the bit about the conscience thing. I'm not sitting idly by. I making a (lame) effort to try and ask people to stop encouraging her. And anyway, its not just her, I was trying to make a general point. i have no wish for an argument. I may just do as you suggest though and email her.

If a child is stupid enough to run out into traffic, I blame the parents.

Re: Tosser

> ---- "It's just that we All need to take responsibility for
> ourselves.”

> What??? You mindless jerk…. What the f*** are hospitals and doctors for
> then??? What are baby sitters, child minders, police, firemen, ambulance
> people….. The list is endless. If people are ill they need help………

> It’s your sort of f***ed up thinking that causes people not to stop when a
> child gets run over and is lying in the middle of the road. (as last week
> in Essex) Wanker.

Was that for me or the guy above? i accept what he/she says in general, but if you read my point below i say something to contradict that

Re: If a child is stupid enough to run out into traffic, I blame the parents.

If its the parents fault, then why is the child stupid. Just because they haven't been taught about safety or don't know something doesn't make them so.

Ok, stupid was a bad choice of words

> If its the parents fault, then why is the child stupid. Just because they
> haven't been taught about safety or don't know something doesn't make them
> so.

Ok, the child isn't "stupid", I should've said ignorant. And that's the parent's fault for not teaching the child proper roadway safety.

Re: Tosser

No of course not you……. And don’t let that jerk get you to believe that someone killing themselves can give you power…. How could it????? I think this fool is just taking one example of this persons behaviour and trying to generalise the situation into the whole of humanity……. Like I said a complete fool.

Even if the person driving was drunk and hit them on a crossing when the light was red???? You stupid c***!!!

I know this is preachy but I just don't care.

> How do you know Andy Ison isn't serious? Could you live with that on your
> conscience if she was. She does no harm other than annoy people here.

> Signed

> Someone who empathises

Oh bollox to all this. I've tried being reasonable, taken the softly , softly approach. But no. If I said Morrisseys hair was black there'd be one hundred other people on here saying no it isn;t just for the sake of an argument. I just don't wish bad things on people. Or encourage people to do bad things to themselves. Anyone who has had any experience of the main issue in this thread please respond. Everyone else can think about how they might feel if they were someone like Andy or someone close to someone like her. Now I'm going to bed. Goodnight.

Thank you for being reasonable

> Even if the person driving was drunk and hit them on a crossing when the
> light was red???? You stupid c***!!!

Why are you flying off the handle? If it were a drunk driver barreling down the road and the child was properly crossing in the crosswalk, then of course I'd feel terrible. But if it's a child who blindly runs out to chase a ball or whatever, without even looking, runs right out into traffic, well then that's to be blamed on the parents.

Thank you. People deserve respect.

> No of course not you……. And don’t let that jerk get you to believe that
> someone killing themselves can give you power…. How could it????? I think
> this fool is just taking one example of this persons behaviour and trying
> to generalise the situation into the whole of humanity……. Like I said a
> complete fool.

Thank you. I do espect his /her opinion though even if i don't totally agree with it, and I don't want a fight. Lets just say my nerves aren't up to it. I'm just happy I got my point across to someone. Hey, I've put life in other peoples hands before and it worked. I just know doing whats been threatened not worth it, and the slightest thing can drive you over the edge. So I don't wish to argue. In fact I am now really going to bed.

Back
Top Bottom