Moz calls gig off after 3 songs!

In London you tend to get a lot of meatheads going who are nominal "Smiths fans" (they know some of the big hits) and then leave pissed off and and saying he was shit because he didn't play This Charming Man.

You get the same rabble at the Arena gigs as well. They aren't really Morrissey fans.

Morrissey you f**king prima donna!! Who do you think you are?

My son just paid premium for a ticket and flights from Edinburgh to see this twat and he pulls this trick again. How many times has he done this???

Be a bit professional and stop acting the tortured genius 'artist'.

Pr*ck!

f*** off you Twat, think about someone else other than you and yours and your f***ing wallet, prick faced shit head! Like you've never been Ill, you make me sick you wanker.

Damn fake fans! Everyone knows that it's not beer but Perrier that's supposed to go straight to his head!

Whereas you make me laugh! :D:D

Poor Moz, I hope he gets better soon. OK, I might miss my gig on Sunday, (Heart Breoken!!!!) but we all know he will make it up to us!

Thanks for the report Spncer! sad but glad to know what realy happened.

:(:confused:

Just back to (apparenly namechecked on previous nights?) Tottenham from The Roundhouse. First time seeing Moz. Oh well, just read the other stories of the distances people have travelled and that puts things in perspective. Very sad but he clearly wasn't very well! :(

i was there tonight and morrissey really didn't have a choice, it was painful to listen to him because it was obviously hurting him when he tried to hit the higher notes..

i'm sad because i only just recovered from a nasty virus myself today which had earlier this week kept me from seeing morrissey and now this..

but to those people who think he should have just kept on:
obviously you weren't there. he is a singer, his job is to sing and if he can't do that anymore, what else is he supposed to do up on stage?

he seemed embarrassed and disappointed that he couldn't carry on. i do understand that he just rushed off..
during IJWTSTBH he changed the lyrics into "in about 10 minutes i will be dead" shortly before he left the stage. and at some point he added that cortison and anti-biotics all didn't work, so i guess that was some sort of announcement.

i was standing on the left side of the stage and i don't think the russell brand etc. thing was impromtu, there were people rushing around the backstage area and what i assume was the vip "lounge", so i could imagine that that was perhaps morrissey's idea..

Blimey like Jukebox said its like Boston again - only this time handled more professionally. RB would have been better on his own (having Ross and Walliams along lessened any impact). Having been in this situation before I was ready this time to video clip whoever came out - so I have the lot, but can't upload it for you as I'm on hotel internet (drat) so that will have to wait until I'm on a better connection.

Like everyone else I just hope Morrissey is ok. As for my b/f his last gig was Boston and he got 7 songs, now tonight this....:(

I have a wristband - I wonder how long they expect me to keep it intact?

i was there tonight and morrissey really didn't have a choice, it was painful to listen to him because it was obviously hurting him when he tried to hit the higher notes..

i'm sad because i only just recovered from a nasty virus myself today which had earlier this week kept me from seeing morrissey and now this..

but to those people who think he should have just kept on:
obviously you weren't there. he is a singer, his job is to sing and if he can't do that anymore, what else is he supposed to do up on stage?

he seemed embarrassed and disappointed that he couldn't carry on. i do understand that he just rushed off..
during IJWTSTBH he changed the lyrics into "in about 10 minutes i will be dead" shortly before he left the stage. and at some point he added that cortison and anti-biotics all didn't work, so i guess that was some sort of announcement.

i was standing on the left side of the stage and i don't think the russell brand etc. thing was impromtu, there were people rushing around the backstage area and what i assume was the vip "lounge", so i could imagine that that was perhaps morrissey's idea..

aww again thanks for the comments on it.
hugs.gif

How awful for everyone who made a long journey. He was in bad shape on Wednesday though. He seemed in good voice but between songs he was gasping for breath! Hope he gets better for Sunday or possibly Saturday.

I fainted after How Soon Is Now? on Wednesday night and missed 5 songs...should I blame him for that?

Brand, Ross and Walliams will certainly make this night enter lore.

Bugger!
off tomorrow and I've got to leave home at 6.30am by train/coach, I can cancel hotel up till midday with no charge... Do I cut my losses or go to london anyway? hmm hope he recovers over night and posts on TTY very very early to confirm it's on!

get well soon moz!!!

Personally mate, I would be so surprised if Moz was on tomorrow. One night is not gonna make that much difference. I reckon he's done for the week ... hard one to call though ... you'd shoot me if I was wrong and missed it !

Bugger!
off tomorrow and I've got to leave home at 6.30am by train/coach, I can cancel hotel up till midday with no charge... Do I cut my losses or go to london anyway? hmm hope he recovers over night and posts on TTY very very early to confirm it's on!

get well soon moz!!!

Just go to London anyway, you can always find something else to do..

Personally mate, I would be so surprised if Moz was on tomorrow. One night is not gonna make that much difference. I reckon he's done for the week ... hard one to call though ... you'd shoot me if I was wrong and missed it !

Aye you're prob right, think i'll set the alarm early check the usual sites and just go if there's no news, can't risk missing out altho' chances of a gig are pretty low.. oh well there'll be more oppotunities, it sounded a great setlist too...

no..think so, too..hard to belive..but i think it's really serious..and he won't be on stage the next days..i doubt that he will make it to paris,too:tears:

Just read through all this again - truly gutted for everyone tonight. Remembering Wed gig and howe it made me feel so good, now I'm almost in tears for all of you who have missed out tonight, and possibly the next two nights too! :( It must be hard for Moz too though, at least he tried.... He must have known it was going to be hard, but he tried any way, you have to give him that....

Get better soon Moz

:guitar:

Then come back and rock for us! ;)

Re: Live from Roundhouse: Moz just left stage!!

O dear... I'm supposed to fly to London in the morning for the gig tomorrow night.
I think I'll go no matter what.

Poor Moz...

Aw. what a horrible decision to make..but if it was me I think I'd go anyway ..if its a cheap enough flight etc and just hope that he recovers in time and if not then plan something else exciting so all's not lost.
I can just imagine everyones disappointment at this but hopefully he will recover soon.
Get well soon Moz!

Back
Top Bottom