Most underrated songs?

Munich, particularly with the Subway intro.

Judging by the poll from last year (http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=772612), my favourite underrated songs are:
- At Amber
- I Keep Mine Hidden
- Let The Right One Slip In
- Skin Storm
- Accept Yourself
- Ouija Board, Ouija Board
- Death Of A Disco Dancer
- Wonderful Woman
- I Don't Owe You Anything
- Shakespeare's Sister

(All not in the top 100)

Good taste (although 'Shakespeare's Sister' has never done much for me to be frank) :thumb:. Welcome to Solo- and by the way, I love your username. :D

king leer,sing your life,i dont mind if you forget me, i know its gonna happen someday, at amber,

love them all but not to everyones taste for some reason

Good taste (although 'Shakespeare's Sister' has never done much for me to be frank) :thumb:. Welcome to Solo- and by the way, I love your username. :D

I've often found this in friends who are more interested in 'Morrissey' than 'The Smiths'.

Not saying its a bad thing or you're wrong or anything, just an observation.

To me its an absolutely essential sound of The Smiths.
One of my first 7" purchases :)

I've often found this in friends who are more interested in 'Morrissey' than 'The Smiths'.

Not saying its a bad thing or you're wrong or anything, just an observation.

To me its an absolutely essential sound of The Smiths.
One of my first 7" purchases :)

Nah, it's just never really done anything for me particularly in terms of melody, although I do really like the lyrics. And I like both equally in actual fact. :)

Maybe when you fall in lurrrrrrrrrrrve or lust, you'll appreciate the absolute urgency of the track :)

The first Morrissey solo tracks I ever heard were "Everyday Is Like Sunday" and "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys", and the first two Smiths tracks I heard were "Girlfriend In A Coma" and "Shakespeare's Sister". Still among my favourites, first love and all that...

Nobody Loves Us :guitar::guitar:

Generally my opinion is usually nowhere close to that of the polls. Songs I think deserve more recognition include:

I Can Have Both
I Know It's Over
Unloveable
Reel Around the Fountain
I Don't Owe You Anything
Please Come to Camden
Ammunition
Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
The More You Ignore Me
You Have Killed Me

I've just realized that I have essentially typed out my whole go list on my MP3 player!

I think that Morrissey as an artist is very underrated and unappreciated especially in the states. Not by me, though!

No one's mentioned east/west? The perfect Morrissey song: it sounds so light and lovely--and then the lyrics, so sad and to the point. East, west/Over the ocean/Perpetual motion.

Play that next to skin storm and you've got the moment of love and then the longing for lost love.

No one's mentioned east/west? The perfect Morrissey song: it sounds so light and lovely--and then the lyrics, so sad and to the point. East, west/Over the ocean/Perpetual motion.

Play that next to skin storm and you've got the moment of love and then the longing for lost love.

Nice to see you back. :)

'East / West' and 'Skin Storm' are cover versions, IMHO they aren't really underrated.

Last edited:
smiths

Miserable lie+that joke isn't funny anymore

Morrissey solo

the world is full of crashing bores+ this is not your country

I just took 2 songs, but whole Kill Uncle is underrated, as for the Smiths,
the musicpress say, the Queen is dead is classic
Morrissey & Marr answered after the Smiths period, several times
as 'Strangeways here we come'as their best

Therefore i wholehardly drop my trousers to any fan, that Meat is Murder
is underesthimated, as their work before that album are lots of gems
starting with the first single and I don"t owe you anything, pretty girls make graves and ending [have to make an end, life's a pigsty] these things take time

:guitar:

For me :

1) The Smiths : Unloveable , Unhappy Birthday

2) Morrissey : Yes I am blind , Ammunition , Good looking man about town

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wD4BxMHarg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4wD4BxMHarg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Back
Top Bottom