Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend - NME

Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend.

Morrissey pop-up shop to open at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home this weekend.
http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/88350
In addition to Morrissey’s forthcoming shows at London’s Eventim Apollo, his Mporium merchandise store will be opening a Pop Up Shop hosted at Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.
The Pop Up Shop will be open from Friday 18th September until Monday 21st September at 4 Battersea Park Road, London, SW8 4AA
Opening hours are 10.30am until 5pm (last admission 4pm) each day except Monday 21st which will be until 3pm.
Available exclusively at the Pop Up Shop will be a limited amount of Your Arsenal and Vauxhall And I vinyl, signed by Morrissey and accompanied by an engraved, numbered and dated Battersea Dog/Cat tag. 25 of each title will be available on each day of opening and will be strictly limited to one per customer only. Other Morrissey merchandise, exclusive to the pop-up Mporium will also be available to purchase.
Entry to the shop is via the normal £2 donation to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home.

I would share either way. I thought fans who were thinking of going might want to know. I'm thinking of going.. I think it's fab, what he's doing.

He will help raise money for them even if a % of the sales of the merch don't go to the home. It's £2 to get in and they will surely get a lot more visitors that day than usual.

I agree ^ Whether Morrissey's planning to attend or not, this WILL raise money and awareness of the charity. Good on him.

Morrissey/Mporium will probably be paying a fee for the pitch rather than donating profits, which is a much less complicated way of doing it from the dogs' home's perspective.

I've never been there, but I bet they have a gift shop/cafe and accept cash donations. And if you arrive too late for the vinyl, you could always pick up a commemorative limited edition dog.

I agree ^ Whether Morrissey's planning to attend or not, this WILL raise money and awareness of the charity. Good on him.

yup but i think its pretty crappy when someone uses someones goodwill tand money rsising efforts o just bash them for a personal agenda

Nothing on TYY about it though... is this just an idea of the 'crew' to sell some gear rather than Morrissey wanting to draw attention to BDH etc..

It's good publicity for the London shows, which still haven't sold out; Moz gets to shift some merch; and the Battersea Dogs home will at least earn a few quid from charging entrance fees to the shop. Everyone wins.

No, the contribution is to draw fans and collectors to the home where they will pay £2 entry, possibly spend the same or more at the cafe there, and maybe even see enough to consider adopting an animal. Look at the bigger picture beyond the Moz-bashing agenda.

Honestly, as soon as this was announced, I knew this accusations would come. Not that all of you will get the analogy, but some of you are like premiership footballers waiting for an outstretched leg to fall over and cry "foul" at Morrissey.

SOSB

I'm not a Morrissey Hater and you know it. The rules aren't that 100% praise be bestowed upon his operation in lieu of constructive criticism. This move is being ripped directly from the Royal playbook, a tax is being levied (albeit for a good cause) in order to put ALL profits in Morrissey's pocketbook. I cry "foul" because it stinks.

I can't help but think this move speaks to the reason he doesn't have a label yet, his demands for monetary compensation are unreasonable yet it's all the label's fault. If he wanted to MAKE MUSIC, he'd make it work, but he doesn't. He wants to make money.

Nothing on TYY about it though... is this just an idea of the 'crew' to sell some gear rather than Morrissey wanting to draw attention to BDH etc..

If that's the case then I'm in no place to blame Moz for this. But to the people saying it's an altruistic event that raises publicity so it's good, you're stupid. Making a 100% PROFIT in the name of raising publicity is like saying McDonald's is healthy because they sell some salads.

It's just another gimmick to sell Silly Stevens stencils and t-shirts that's all.

You wouldn't catch Brian May flogging merchandise like this when he is on active duty campaigning for animals.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I can't help but think this move speaks to the reason he doesn't have a label yet, his demands for monetary compensation are unreasonable yet it's all the label's fault. If he wanted to MAKE MUSIC, he'd make it work, but he doesn't. He wants to make money.

There are evidently factors that mean Morrissey can't find a contract, be that his fault or the fault of the industry. Who knows. There is no tangible link between your half baked grievance with Moz helping out a cause with his ''celebrity'' draw and his lack of a recording contract however.

I know it's to be expected that your posts are usually constructed around massive lapses in logic, but come on...

If that's the case then I'm in no place to blame Moz for this. But to the people saying it's an altruistic event that raises publicity so it's good, you're stupid. Making a 100% PROFIT in the name of raising publicity is like saying McDonald's is healthy because they sell some salads.

where are you getting your information that proceeds aren't going to the charity?

It's just another gimmick to sell Silly Stevens stencils and t-shirts that's all.

You wouldn't catch Brian May flogging merchandise like this when he is on active duty campaigning for animals.

You wouldn't catch Brian May doing much other than dragging the cadaver of his bands long deceased frontman round the world for yet another ''final, one last time, get it while its tepid'' world karaoke tour.
Are you on a retainer from Queen Industries to promote Brian, Benny?
I find it pretty hilarious how the crux of the majority of your arguments to this site are often held together with an attempt to compare and contrast Morrissey and Brian May... An exercise which seems almost as futile as trying to get a laugh out of calling Morrissey's fabled next album ''Kerrygold'' for the thousandth time.

You wouldn't catch Brian May doing much other than dragging the cadaver of his bands long deceased frontman round the world for yet another ''final, one last time, get it while its tepid'' world karaoke tour.
Are you on a retainer from Queen Industries to promote Brian, Benny?
I find it pretty hilarious how the crux of the majority of your arguments to this site are often held together with an attempt to compare and contrast Morrissey and Brian May... An exercise which seems almost as futile as trying to get a laugh out of calling Morrissey's fabled next album ''Kerrygold'' for the thousandth time.

You won't catch Brian May doing much ?

HOME / NEWS / NEWS ARTICLE
Queen's Brian May holds 'badger funeral' in London in protest against government cull

Guitarist calls the cull 'bone-headed', 'inhumane' and 'senseless'
Share Tweet Share Share
GETTY
LUKE MORGAN BRITTON, 8TH SEPTEMBER 2015
RELATED ARTICLES
Brian May calls fox hunters 'a bunch of lying bastards' on BBC Newsnight - watch
Queen's Brian May says Adam Lambert 'doesn't want to be with us all the time'
Brian May claims Queen would be interested in headlining a future Glastonbury
Queen guitarist Brian May led a funeral march protest against the culling of badgers in London today (September 8).

The musician and animal rights activist has long been vocal about anti-badger cull issues and took to the streets of the capital in opposition of the planned Government badger cull.

May was accompanied by fellow protesters at the march organised by animal welfare group Team Badger. They led a hearse with flowers bearing the number 2,263, the alleged number of badgers that were killed in the last badger cull in the UK between 2013 to 2014.

May wrote in an article for The Mirror, "Today we raise our voices in disgust and outrage that a government, in the face of morality, all scientific evidence, and the overwhelming will of the British public are bone-headedly, doggedly pursuing a policy of murdering British badgers – in a useless and senseless war on wildlife that has already been declared INHUMANE and INEFFECTIVE, by its own experts in its declared aim of combating bovine TB in cattle.

"It’s a disgrace and a joke which is not funny. Just think of the wasted time, the wasted opportunities, and the appalling squandering of all our money, by this Government’s refusal to face up the truth of their folly."

Silly Steven was in town but he and his boyfriend chose to have a duvet day in their luxurious 5* hotel after Steven had previously attended Harvey Nichols for some luxurious retail therapy but ran into some animal rights activists and signed their petition.

oh do be quiet. He could donate his entire fortune and you would have something to say about it.

oh do be quiet. He could donate his entire fortune and you would have something to say about it.

what fortune? LOL i think that may the problem. there is no fortune.
he has to have video on an iphone and use animal shelters to make a few pence. its all gone wrong.

Ill also be around on Sunday at 5:29 if anyone wants me to sign their polecats limited edition vinyl

Back
Top Bottom