Morrissey: 'Paris' Video Exclusive

I explained the technical reason it sounds faster on UK broadcast -- it's not an intentional adjustment.

Don't mind the 4% speed increase myself.

Having just listened to one version after the other, it's definitely been sped up for the video - and I think it sounds miles better for it. I love the intro, and it really lends it some vibrancy.

I also keep expecting this to kick in after the car at the beginning: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bRaqB61bAvM

ohh you guys!! i just got home from work and saw the video. i love it. i love how simple it is. its funny how similar it is to All You Need Is Me, even Solomon launching over the drum kit again. i love how morrissey offers the tambourine to the dog. i like it a lot more than the All You Need Is Me video.

and yes...he's getting camper.

Last edited:
Ooooo K... Let's see... Where should I start... First thing I noticed: Morrissey's eyeshadow and hated it... Although in the HRes video link it looks much better or acceptable. Anyway, I don't think it suits him...

As always, I LOVED his dance movements... They're his trademark. I'm crazy about the way he moves.

They, again, play games with the tambourine and the drummer does the same jump over the kit and I'm beggining to wonder if they want to leave that as a trademark that will repeat in every video they make. It could be an interesting repeating seal and everyone will remember that in the future.

Did anyone see the fake scar in Boz's face? And his jacket was unstitched in the sleeve.

For some reason I can't quite understand, my exquisite Morrissey reminds me here in this video of Marlon Brando... Gestures, looks... I don't know, but I've seen it 3 times now in 10 minutes and everytime it happened the same to: He reminded me of Brando.

Lovely part when he's saying that nobody wants his love and he offers the tambourine to the doggy and the doggy rejects his offering... Quite synchronic.

You know what? After all... I liked the video.. With Morrissey looking as a defrosted dead, as NRITH said and I agree, but still, love him and liked the video, especially because the song is beautiful, wonderful, warm and... just gets me... Morrissey I love you, as always... :D

Ceci, I don't think you're that far off with the Brando comparison. Can't you just see Moz doing the whole "You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill" speech from Apocalypse Now!

I did notice the prosthetic scar on Boz' right cheek. Morrissey has one, too. What could it all mean??

Did anyone notice a lack of a keyboard player in the video?Along with Mikey for thats how people grow up,they also had someone called Roger Manning? ?on the album,wonder if he will be on the tour,didnt see him in the video,unless he's a dog:D

Last edited:
to be fair, he's never liked videos or making them. he's plainly said so. i think if it's in his control, very little effort will always go into them.

i didn't like the outfit or theatrics. i loved the dogs and the simplicity.

in terms of the theatrics-- is it just me or is he getting camp-er? (i'm ignoring the smiths in that, think of the solo era). or maybe it just seems stranger because he's older now??

I always thought the vid to "the more you ignore me the closer i get" was the champiest! thats morrissey solo, i feel the age thing is intresting.

it is as if he's brought new meaning to "old queen," but isn't that always what he's done. sure he's champ but in a way that is unique to me anyways, and it seems less appropriate for an older man to be such except seems natural for moz.

Sorry, I've just got up and watched it, mmm, not good, at first sight. :( What's up with the facial scars?

Oops, where are my manners? :o Thank you for the beautiful person who uploaded it to youtube.

Last edited:
guys,thanks a lot for sharing the video,i like it is much better that the you have killed me vid,i like the white background and the dogs are just lovely,and of course the most important thing:moz looks handsome,blue definitely suits him :horny:although he looks a bit pale :( ,i don`t like the make-up,the eyeshadow makes his eyes look weird :p

guys,thanks a lot for sharing the video,i like it is much better that the you have killed me vid,i like the white background and the dogs are just lovely,and of course the most important thing:moz looks handsome,blue definitely suits him :horny:although he looks a bit pale :( ,i don`t like the make-up,the eyeshadow makes his eyes look weird :p

That was my impression too.

I don't like how near the end Boz switches instruments a few times, if you get what I mean.

It’s obviously in heaven, Morrissey is dead, he’s cavorting with two gods who wear antennae like bugs who are tapping into him. The tambourine is his crown, passed from the drummer who keeps the beat then onto him then presented to the dog if he wants it as he kneels. This all happens in death. Keep in mind as he kneels two guitarists in the background play, similar to the two robots in Beck's “Hell Yes” video who are in sync in the background. This is Morrissey’s ode to hell which is actually quite heavenly it would seem. That’s why he wears eye shadow, shadows are the opposite of light yet the whole thing takes place basked in the light of heaven because in Morrissey’s world, good and bad are equal. I’m not sure about the stone and steel. (Kebab and leest likely too?) I always thought it was a reference to the “I fell” tower, but it could be something more complicated. So Solomon jumps over the kit again and in so doing a message is passed on, in this case some sort of dream about broken teeth/broken saw blades/failing health/death since the tambo is broken (it’s a crown, those things that cap teeth) most likely a reference to just plain ol’ death, though apparently Freud interpreted it as a significant change in one’s life. You’ve made yourself plain could be a reference to VICE, according to the Penguin Dictionary of Symbols, “Crowns even decorated the brows of the vices, such as Pride, if they were pre-eminent, or, according to taste, of Gluttony and Lust.” I imagine broken crowns could symbolize vice, since that’s what the dog overlooks in view of the word REFUSAL as the lyric is sung. It's a fantastic video. Morrissey needs to gain some weight though, just a little. :)

Also someone kicks the symbol at the end. Love it.

What about the facial scars? Do you have an explanation for that?:D

Back
Top Bottom