Morrissey "not homosexual" - statement at true-to-you.net

"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".

-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131019_01

WOW! Quote of the year. Well, we heard it from the man himself--he is humansexual. And like most humansexuals, he is not attracted to all men and all women. He is selective.

I have decided, just now, that I too am humansexual. :p

If Morrissey has every right to defend his rights and opinions so do I.

For someone so private why did he address his relationships at all? Why write an autobiography, in fact? This man, this deeply private, painfully shy, retiring, demure creature who has to be dragged kicking and screaming on stage, who will only be drawn into a comment if he is put to the rack, this Morrissey, this brilliant construct, has been caught out, not by anybody else, but by himself.

In your desire to attack me, you have clearly ignored the several posts where I have praised the book, criticising only the fact that the central character comes across as a nasty piece of work by the end. A great book, about a not very nice person. I think that's pretty fair.

It doesn't surprise me some members of the gay community find this "humasexual" bullshit somewhat offensive. It is an insult to peoples' intelligence. Having little yourself you are clearly immune, of course.
Usual barleycorn resorting to insults, we all know you hate morrissey, its obvious you still yearn for the mid 1980s, listening to the smiths, possibly having a girl/ boyfriend, but time has moved on, the world has moved on and morrissey has moved on, just because you haven't don't take it out on morrissey. It will never be the 1980s again, I'm sorry your life is so pathetic that you wish it was but you need to realise that your sad existence is not the fault of morrissey

Usual barleycorn resorting to insults, we all know you hate morrissey, its obvious you still yearn for the mid 1980s, listening to the smiths, possibly having a girl/ boyfriend, but time has moved on, the world has moved on and morrissey has moved on, just because you haven't don't take it out on morrissey. It will never be the 1980s again, I'm sorry your life is so pathetic that you wish it was but you need to realise that your sad existence is not the fault of morrissey

Oh my God, Irish blood! I couldn’t have said it better!

I like J.B.'s posts.

I very often agree with his opinion on things.

I love stuff like this:

*Irish Blood*: "Usual barleycorn resorting to insults".

Then he goes on and does this!! Ha!........

*Irish Blood*: "I'm sorry your life is so pathetic that you wish it was but you need to realise that your sad existence is not the fault of morrissey".

What a dope! He just did what he accused Barelycorn of doing!!

What a hypocrite!

#ForumFail

I am going on what he is saying... the book clearly makes him bisexual... he admitted both and now from him directly to say it thats all I need. There are no inuendos or self guessing himself.. I don't understand - seriously folks - there it is from the man and you put words in his mouth because you don't want it to be the truth? The unfortunately ( now I am guessing ) is saying that he hates to dissapoint the ones who want him to be 100 percent gay. He is not homosexual. Lets move on ... and let the vaginas of the world rejoice for once!!!

Or that, again, he rejects most socially created labels as the approximations and over-simplifications that they are. The reason I prefer 'queer', if I must use a label, is that, to me, 'gay' implies some kind of nice, fashionable, minstrel-show pet, which I'm not.

Or that, again, he rejects most socially created labels as the approximations and over-simplifications that they are. The reason I prefer 'queer', if I must use a label, is that, to me, 'gay' implies some kind of nice, fashionable, minstrel-show pet, which I'm not.

"Bisexual", to my ears, implies someone who it twice as sexual as is normal. I don't think Moz would see himself that way.

Offensive to the gay community? Guess what, Morrissey doesn't exist for the benefit of the gay community, nor does he owe them anything. He's his own man, and he can call himself what he wants, and do what he likes with other people.

I like J.B.'s posts.

I love stuff like this:

*Irish Blood*: "I'm sorry your life is so pathetic that you wish it was but you need to realise that your sad existence is not the fault of morrissey".

What a hypocrite!

#ForumFail

Hi Shaun

I like J.B.'s posts.

I love stuff like this:

What a hypocrite!

#ForumFail
I'm sure you do agree with a lot of barleycorns comments Anonymous, with statements like " what a dope" the insults I was referring to were barleycorns habit of questioning people's intelligence, and his comment about another posters oral sex habits, but feel free to keep enjoying barleycorns vitriol anonymous, or should that be anonyMOUSE

I'm sure you do agree with a lot of barleycorns comments Anonymous, with statements like " what a dope" the insults I was referring to were barleycorns habit of questioning people's intelligence, and his comment about another posters oral sex habits, but feel free to keep enjoying barleycorns vitriol anonymous, or should that be anonyMOUSE

You're clearly no better than him, Irish Blood.

Which in the real world makes him bisexual. Only in Morrissey World is it necessary to invent a new lexicon to avoid the truth. It's really quite bizarre, and leads you to think that as far as a certain pop star is concerned the earth is populated by six and a half billion of us and Morrissey.

Thank you, again. I'd never attack someone over their sexuality. I know that people who identify as bisexual are often the targets of derision from hetero and homosexuals and I think that's a shame. I don't even care what people want to believe about him except when they address their nonsense to me. I addressed Morrissey specifically and not other fans. You nailed it in your responses and as you said it's a pretty good book about a person who isn't awfully nice.

To the person that says Lisa Marie said they had a normal relationship, link please? She told Oprah she realized later she had been used.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Bisexual", to my ears, implies someone who it twice as sexual as is normal. I don't think Moz would see himself that way.

Honestly, I am starting to feel sorry for Morrissey, very sorry for him. Why does he need a statement to clarify what he does I bed, why would he even address this issue so openly, where are all his friends?, I would never let him do some of the things he is doing.

Morrissey has a very close relationship with a man, by his own admission, but maintains he is neither homosexual or bisexual, instead inventing a new word to explain his sexuality and you (not for the first time, I'm sure) swallow it. Gulp.

I'm trying to think of anyone else who has worked on an autobiography for years yet finds himself having to explain himself within a few short days. Clearly, he either doesn't seem to have been there all the time, or is being economical with the truth.

:yum: Sure do JohnB, I swallow everything Moz says and it tastes great:lbf:! I worked something out from the book, that, though I say it myself was IMO Genius, however I shall keep it to myself! But as I have said, his sexuality is of no relevance, well not to me anyway.

Be fair. I only question the intelligence of idiots, IH. Naturally you get it in the neck on that score. :thumb:

Honestly, I am starting to feel sorry for Morrissey, very sorry for him. Why does he need a statement to clarify what he does I bed, why would he even address this issue so openly, where are all his friends?, I would never let him do some of the things he is doing.

Because it’s always been a part of his mystique and that’s fascinating. (At least to me.) If it were anyone else I wouldn’t care but Morrissey has had me enslaved for years.

Be fair. I only question the intelligence of idiots, IH. Naturally you get it in the neck on that score. :thumb:

In that case you must question yourself regularly, I have to say I find your posts interesting at times, as I have previously said the forum would be boring if all the posters just fawned over morrissey all the time, I just feel you overstep the mark at times

In that case you must question yourself regularly, I have to say I find your posts interesting at times, as I have previously said the forum would be boring if all the posters just fawned over morrissey all the time, I just feel you overstep the mark at times

Johnny is very intelligent. Just because you don't agree with his opinions doesn't make him unintelligent.

:):
Johnny is very intelligent. Just because you don't agree with his opinions doesn't make him unintelligent.

My reply to jb was tongue I cheek, as I'm sure johnny being " very intelligent" knows, however the fact that this went right over your head makes me a bit concerned about your level of intelligence

Last edited:
:):

My reply to jb was tongue I cheek, as I'm sure johnny being " very intelligent" knows, however the fact that this went right over your head makes me a bit concerned about your level of intelligence

Says someone who can't spell, punctuate properly, or formulate a non-sycophantic opinion of his own.

If you are trying to have a battle of wits with Johnny, you are wasting your breath. The more you speak, the more you reveal you lack the arsenal needed to compete fairly.

How is that for a counter attack? :D

Last edited:
Says someone who can't spell, punctuate properly, or formulate an non-sycophantic opinion of his own.

If you are trying to have a battle of wits with Johnny, you are wasting your breath. The more you speak, the more you reveal you lack the arsenal needed to compete fairly.

How is that for a counter attack? :D

And the gloves are off!

Back
Top Bottom